No announcement yet.

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good god man! that spoiler is smokin' hot!
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Made it all the way to Portland. Only hiccup was still in Seattle when I stopped at my buddy’s house. Alternator locked up. Quick swap and back on the road.

Comment

This thread wins all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Three years in a row one of my cars takes best of show. Honestly, I didn’t expect anything this year. Especially with the level of incompletion and the amount of BMW in it, but I’m glad they appreciate all the effort that it took. My wife is the best too.

Comment

Well done! Incomplete or not, it's an amazing build.

Thanks for sharing your techniques for building custom carbon parts - have to say I never realised how much was involved!
            My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Congrats!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Hey,Adam it'snow it's FB famous? Can give a rat's ass about "stock". Keep rocking dude.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

what do people say when you pop the hood and tell them it's an e30? :)

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    what do people say when you pop the hood and tell them it's an e30? :)

80% think it’s just a motor swap and I typically I just leave it at that. The other 20%’s eyes grow a little bigger and bigger and BIGGER as I work through all the details and show them all the points of reference for an E30. Today I only got one moderately aggressive guy that couldn’t understand why I would do that. When I asked him to point out one single component that was better on the Volvo chassis than the BMW chassis he couldn’t and eventually just walked away.

Comment

Expansion tank:

The discolored plastic tank drove me crazy and they’re over $100 for a replacement, so I made my own.

Comment

Looks great, did I miss where you made the new valve cover? Either way keep it coming!
                        BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Originally posted by oekundar View Post
                          Looks great, did I miss where you made the new valve cover? Either way keep it coming!

It was a while back. I’m pretty sure I put process pics up.

Comment

Pre registered for The Old School Reunion and the E30 Picnic this morning. Pretty excited to get out and about in this thing.

Comment

Now you just need RHD ITBs.... or you can just make your own ;)
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Now you just need RHD ITBs.... or you can just make your own ;)

See posts #80 and #87 in this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X