Project Weißer Regen: 91 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Did you have any troubles getting your door seals in place? Im gonna be on my second or third warrantied set because they are too small and wont stretch properly the top corner by the B pillar is never fully seated if the bottom corner by the foot well is down all the way.
    Dang, all the seals I got were 'too big'
    Windows, doors, the lot.

There's a trick to installing them that gets rid of the 'bubble'
    I do things.

Comment

When are you putting the mirrors together, can't wait to see your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicam3cabrio View Post
        When are you putting the mirrors together, can't wait to see your feedback.
        Most likely tomorrow, I have everything needed to assemble them as of today!

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
          [/URL]
          That white clip in the middle of the insulation..brake line holder/insulation holder. Is it new or restored one? I can't find it ....looks NLA

Comment

It is NLA and has been for some time. I am grateful that one of my cars had a good one that I was able to whiten and put to use.

Last night was a busy night, but more on the side of regrouping and organizing the ensuing mess as I rummage around trying to find shit. I did get a few things done however...

Door strikers were installed.

Matching euroweave spare set in spare tire well and secured.

and I got the front bumper hung on the car. I want to adjust it up and in a little on the passenger side but otherwise first stab was pretty damn close. New trim, turn signals etc of course.

Comment

Looks fantastic!

How do you decide what order to put it back together?
              I was expecting a more inside to outside approach.
              1991 318iC
              1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                Looks fantastic!

How do you decide what order to put it back together?
                I was expecting a more inside to outside approach.
                Maaaaan that is kind of a problem right now. I am installing things as I find them as a lot of stuff is in among other items or buried. I'm trying to assemble the interior items more than anything so I can get the headliner in and then install the trim and glass to seal up the car.

Engine isn't built yet, nor is the leather seat covers so those will have to wait.

Assembly is a little ADD but so long as stuff is coming off the shelves and going into the car I am happy. It is MUCH more efficient to store things where they belong on the car than on shelves!

Comment

Restoration is as much logistics as it is wrenching.

Car is looking great man, I enjoy seeing the progress shots.
                  I do things.

Comment

Maaaaan that is kind of a problem right now. I am installing things as I find them as a lot of stuff is in among other items or buried. I'm trying to assemble the interior items more than anything so I can get the headliner in and then install the trim and glass to seal up the car.

Engine isn't built yet, nor is the leather seat covers so those will have to wait.

Assembly is a little ADD but so long as stuff is coming off the shelves and going into the car I am happy. It is MUCH more efficient to store things where they belong on the car than on shelves!
                    I have to imagine that getting big items hung on the car also limits the risk that they get damaged sitting around or while you dig for things.
                    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                    2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                    1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                    1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                    - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                    1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                    1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                    Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

You know my drivers side is perfect, the passenger side does have this issue. It doesn't fit tight tight yet because of no headliner, bpillar trim, visor panel etc yet so I figured I would tackle it then. On Imola I had this issue as well and I just took it out, stood on it and then stretched it a bit. Fit fine after. I suspect, hope I can do the same with this one. Also helps if you warm it up in the oven a bit before install to make it more flexible. It is in the 30's and 40's in Houston right now so everything is stiff.

Harnesses also become putty in your hands to feed through the firewall after 15 minutes at 150 in the oven in a cardboard box let me tell ya....

We just did a 3 hr plant tour @ the Greer/SPT, SC BMW factory, and they put all wiring harnesses into a heated bag/oven for 20-30 minutes before installing into car. You're on the right track

Comment

awesome. I have a question since you just tackled it. I have installed a plastic bumper on my 88 and it seems as though the bumper doesn't line up at the wheel arch. It's about a half inch short and no matter what I do it won't push back any more.

Any points to look at to get this to line up or am i just going to have to compress the bumper strut? My only area i thought would hinder it from going all the way back was the bracket on the fiberglass reinforcement portion, but even that has it's limits.

Comment

I've seen multiple late model plastic bumper cars that were winched down too tightly on a flatbed have the passenger side bumper shock pulled, over extended. Perhaps this is what happened to yours?

Compare the length of the exposed shaft on both sides, it should be identical. A half inch is a lot so you should be able to see it either on the shock itself or the frame rail mount.

Comment

I've seen multiple late model plastic bumper cars that were winched down too tightly on a flatbed have the passenger side bumper shock pulled, over extended. Perhaps this is what happened to yours?

Compare the length of the exposed shaft on both sides, it should be identical. A half inch is a lot so you should be able to see it either on the shock itself or the frame rail mount.
                            OK. thanks for the advice. I'll take it off again tonight. Thanks again.

Comment

Not a lot going on tonight, mainly still trying to reorganize and set myself up for a productive weekend by lining out items I know I need in the order I'll need them.

Cooling blocking plate installed along with radiator feet mounts.

New radiator dropped into place.

Passenger door latch assembly, this is an original part just in nice condition. Installed new grommets for the linkage though as these are always sloppy and rotten.

Strikers installed in the door jam

Door latch in its home

Comment

If R3v had Grammy or Emmy awards for threads , this is the winner. It’s like putting 10lbs of awesomeness in a 3lbs bag. [emoji1490][emoji1490][emoji1487][emoji1487]

Drive Tastefully!
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                                IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Working...
                                X