No announcement yet.

Project Weißer Regen: 91 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will pop the largest bowl of popcorn to watch this sell on BaT. Skies the limit.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
      I will pop the largest bowl of popcorn to watch this sell on BaT. Skies the limit.
      Ditto.
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Logistics didn't work out to get the car over to the shop today, but most likely tomorrow...

I ordered these OE BMW R134a fitting adapters and got them installed so I can charge the system. The high side adapter sits very tight against the line so the hood shock support hinge actually clears it. I was going to leave the R12 caps in place for aesthetics but decided the adapters are more prudent so no one down the line gets confused as to what refrigerant is in the system.

Reworked rear seat upholstery came in earlier in the week and I got it installed.

and today with the fantastic weather I took her out for another drive, car is solid. 9.8mi total on the build.

UPS also brought me a tasty treat today, my visors and overhead panel for the E30 came in from StitchedWheels. Extremely nice work, as always!

Last edited by Jordan; 05-09-2020, 11:25 AM.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

After rolling some more miles on the car this evening I've arrived at 24 total driven. She's a bit dusty not having had a bath in 5 months so I decided to get after it.

Washed the entire car, toweled it off then backed it into the garage to blow water out of every recess and trim overlap. Once it was thoroughly dried I sprayed the entire car down with P&S Bead Maker. I love this stuff for the gloss, clickness and overall ease of use. Its a spray on polymer based paint sealant. Its also cheap, and smells great!

Comment

Better than new is too little praise. Amazing work (as always) Thank you for sharing!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I drove my AWII 318is down to Jordan's shop this afternoon. I had emailed that I was on my way. As an idiot I didn't see his response inviting me to come by and see his in person!

On one hand I regret not being able to see in person such a wonderful car. On the other....may have looked at mine is dismay afterwards and offered a blank check!

Needless to say, I am excited about Jordan and his shop getting their hands on my car :)

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brown View Post
                I drove my AWII 318is down to Jordan's shop this afternoon. I had emailed that I was on my way. As an idiot I didn't see his response inviting me to come by and see his in person!

On one hand I regret not being able to see in person such a wonderful car. On the other....may have looked at mine is dismay afterwards and offered a blank check!

Needless to say, I am excited about Jordan and his shop getting their hands on my car :)

Bill
                What's yours going in for, much the same? I hope so. The world needs more Jordan builds.
                sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Alright so when does the LSA swap start? haha just joking...sort of...

That car is so clean. Try to get some video of it and stuff, would love to hear this baby purr.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Such an incredible car! Amazing! Also love the name "Weißer Regen".

Need euro parts? Send me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post

What's yours going in for, much the same? I hope so. The world needs more Jordan builds.
                      No, I wish!

Mine is coming along nicely, I have done a fair amount of things (and also was fortunate to have started with a pretty good car).

But I have to present these expenditures to my wife spaced in time and in reasonable amounts. Would take me 2 lifetimes to get it to Jordan's car's status! :)

Bill

Comment

I’ve been subbed to this one from the beginning, when you picked it up from under 11’ of standing water. This is one damn amazing journey and car! Many congrats, BAT would be lucky to get it. EAG, maybe, as well?
                        Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                        The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                        The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                        The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Busy day today.... I towed the vehicle over to the shop to draw a vacuum and provide an initial charge on the air conditioning system, and then carry out an alignment. 25 miles of continuous driving was a little more than I was keen on with an eyeball alignment on the freeway most of the time.

Got her up on the 2 post rack to wipe down the undercarriage, dust off spider webs and take some nice shots.

Took a slew of photos on a creeper and stitched them together into a panorama.

Onto the alignment rack after that

Nothing beats new, fresh is fresh

Our BMW KDS alignment machine at the shop mounts directly to the hub for optimal readings.

All done, snap a quick one in front of the building before I head home.

I charged the system with 1.75lbs of R134a, ambient is 80F today with a relative humidity of 40%

40.5°F sustained vent temp ain't too shabby.

Got her home safely and without event, car drives and handles much better with a proper alignment! Odometer now reading 46 miles.
                          Last edited by Jordan; 05-10-2020, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I wonder what that super-duper alignment machine does to fix the alignment.

I thought you can only adjust the tie rod ends, so the front wheels are parallel to each other.

How does that machine change other aspects of the alignment?

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
                              I wonder what that super-duper alignment machine does to fix the alignment.

I thought you can only adjust the tie rod ends, so the front wheels are parallel to each other.

How does that machine change other aspects of the alignment?
                              The BMW KDS alignment machine is just a tool to show you the vehicles alignment specifications so you can accurately adjust them, and is standard yes E30's only have front toe adjustment.

I have fabricated and installed an adjustable rear subframe so camber and toe are adjustable on the rear as well.

Comment

Whoa there, do I spy flaws by the front frame rail tow hooks and the area where the CAB lollipops mount?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X