Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just denied Hagerety?
    No ticket history
    10k value declared value , daily driven and 3,500k miles.

Comment

Probably since you listed it as daily driven
      1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
      COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

I'm also 33.
        I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
          I was just denied Hagerety?
          No ticket history
          10k value declared value , daily driven and 3,500k miles.
          because M10 with dented fender
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            because M10 with dented fender
            Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.
            I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
              Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.
              about to get sig'd again my friend

edit: just to sort of stay on topic... I have hagerty on my Datsun with a $15k value, probably upping it to $20k on my next renewal. E30 is under Allstate with the wifes POSUV
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Allstate is pretty good, that and State farm seem to offer the best coverage, best service and customer care.

The Datsun is awesome man, love it.
                I do things.

Comment

Rebled the brakes, they feel great now.

ABS still isn't working, replaced all the hardware, so it has to be somewhere in the wiring.
                  I do things.

Comment

I spoke too soon.

Driving down the interstate, boom, hard pull to the left. But, I can feel the ABS module pulsing through the pedal. That's new.

So something is giving the ABS module, or computer bad information. Possibly a sensor, or something, again, has to be in the wiring.
                    I do things.

Comment

Damn, fingers crossed you get the brakes sorted. Mine gave me fits before the overhaul. Can't remember if you've tried the ABS relays as a possible issue?
                      '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Melon's E30 Build.

I don’t have abs but did you torque down everything correctly? Perhaps reservoir Has dirty fluid . Mine is driving me crazy I feel a light clacking on drivers side. Just did hub replacement. When I press the brakes it stops but when I let go it’s a rhythmic clacking, I’ll let you know what I figure out and try to help

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
                          Damn, fingers crossed you get the brakes sorted. Mine gave me fits before the overhaul. Can't remember if you've tried the ABS relays as a possible issue?
                          Yeah, I cycled the pump when I bled them too.
                          I pulled the under-dash relay. Cutting the power solves the issue. It just doesn't have ABS, drive great tho.

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                          I don’t have abs but did you torque down everything correctly? Perhaps reservoir Has dirty fluid . Mine is driving me crazy I feel a light clacking on drivers side. Just did hub replacement. When I press the brakes it stops but when I let go it’s a rhythmic clacking, I’ll let you know what I figure out and try to help
                          I bled the while system from dry, so it's got nothing but brand new Ate200 fluid. I've been checking all the bolts periodically. Your clacking might be a warped rotor, or a pad sticking.

Also, the transmission is leaking fluid pretty regularly. I'll top it off before the trip, but I might need to pull it and send it off the have all the seals replaced.

I replaced them, and it appears to be the vent and shift selector seal. I've replaced that damn selector seal three times, with the last time shoving two in there, with the other edges coated in Curil K2.
                          I do things.

Comment

Melon's E30 Build.

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                            Yeah, I cycled the pump when I bled them too.

I pulled the under-dash relay. Cutting the power solves the issue. It just doesn't have ABS, drive great tho.

I bled the while system from dry, so it's got nothing but brand new Ate200 fluid. I've been checking all the bolts periodically. Your clacking might be a warped rotor, or a pad sticking.

Also, the transmission is leaking fluid pretty regularly. I'll top it off before the trip, but I might need to pull it and send it off the have all the seals replaced.

I replaced them, and it appears to be the vent and shift selector seal. I've replaced that damn selector seal three times, with the last time shoving two in there, with the other edges coated in Curil K2.

Are you using redline MTL? The PO of my car took it to a shop that filled her with regular easily leaking ATF.

Comment

I used Redline in all my transmissions and differentials, unless specified by the manufacturer.

Getrag 260 Redline MTL GL-4 75w80
                              I do things.

Comment

Getting ready to take the E30 on her first trip to TN.

I'm beyond excited for this. Hitting the mountain roads us exactly what I built this car for, and after over a year of hard work, I'm finally going to put it through it's paces and drive it like it was always meant to be driven. Pics will definitely be posted.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X