Ultimate budget build.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • E30nate
    replied
    awesome. now you just need a rebuild kit and the lean problem fixed. i will talk to dan about those injectors. how much are you leaning out btw?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    That would be tight, ask him for me.

    The first 4 fittings came today, the last one should be here tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    i think pink tops are 32, but not positive. mustang injectors will help, but theyre rated at the same pressure, however they are 4 pintle instead of 1, so with more pressure they will flow better. the cheapest way would be the volvo injectors. my brother might even have some laying around that you can have.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    They're 19 lbs.

    How big are pinktops from an s52?

    I have a line on some cheap ones.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    what size are stock M42 injectors?

    neither 19 or 23 # are going to realistically be big enough (I think 19# is the stock size?), although you can get around that somewhat with fuel pressure, to a point. I'd be looking for some 32# injectors if you want some reliability and breathing room. realistically what you need is standalone EMS but you already know that. :p

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    I'm ok with rich off boost.

    I'm not ok with lean in boost.

    Leave a comment:


  • SamE30e
    replied
    5.0L mustang ones could work, but since you have no way to control them you might be going rich off boost.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    go to pick n pull and get some turbo volvo injectors. theyre like 23lb/hr or something like that. my buddys running them in his m20 with no issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30nub
    replied
    Oh yeah, get better videos ASAP!

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Well I went to Sac and back the other day with no issues other than burning a mess of oil.

    But that will be solved soon with fittings I have coming.

    It isn't amazingly fast, but its faster than it was before and it has the potential to be faster.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30nub
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Yeah everything is stock.

    I was at 7psi but I'll be at about 5.5-6 now so that I don't lean out under boost.
    Sweet, thanks. I want to turbo my m42 now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Yeah everything is stock.

    I was at 7psi but I'll be at about 5.5-6 now so that I don't lean out under boost.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30nub
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    So because I has no money for bigger injectors, I'm turning down the boost a little :(

    To about 6 psi.
    What were you at before? Are you on stock internals? OEM head gasket ect?

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    So because I has no money for bigger injectors, I'm turning down the boost a little :(

    To about 6 psi.

    Leave a comment:


  • 550
    replied
    Hmm...



    Search the page for "12a" it will be a td05 rebuild kit.

    Leave a comment:

Working...