No announcement yet.

1990 325is oem+ Now turbo (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally make a choose on which color my e30 will be . Brillantrot . I will paint the engine bay red prior to body because the engine is out this winter , I finally receive my injector . Gone to Deka 60’. Receive the e36 Tps too And finish refresh all the intake manifold related part !

Comment

all sorted, i'm in no way affiliated to these guys but this vacuum manifold seems pretty nice for a turbo set up. https://stim.tech/product/m20-intake-vacuum-manifold/

Click image for larger version

Name:	e30-m20-turbo-vacuum-line-manifold.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	9965394
      Attached Files

Comment

This is a beauty engineered pièces and very practical ! But in the quest of a cleaner engine bay , I will make a vacuum box distributor so all the vacuum line will be at one place ! Remember the issue I got with the spark plug wire hitting the turbo exaust housing ? Well , there is no more issue about that . I made a steel deflector plate that push the wire toward the intake . 1/16 steel plate , For the finish touch , I cut some grommet to prevent the wire from rubbing against the deflector and also wrinkle paint it to match the valve cover . Once installed everything look clean and almost oem ! Really happy about how it look !

Comment

Originally posted by Iloveboost View Post
          Thanks ! I keep posting because I know there are people who like my build without commenting .
          Theres definitely people watching. The beauty of documenting this stuff is so that you can also go back later and see the work you've done, in case you've forgotten. Thats one of the main reasons why I have my build threads...

Keep going, Brilliantrot is a great color when fresh!

Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Theres definitely people watching. The beauty of documenting this stuff is so that you can also go back later and see the work you've done, in case you've forgotten. Thats one of the main reasons why I have my build threads...

Keep going, Brilliantrot is a great color when fresh!
            i know there are people watching .
            the fact is that I run 2 build thread , one here and one on another board where i can write in French , much easier for me .

i will probably continuing updating this build , R3V help me countless time , I’ll give it back the most I can !

Comment

Yeah I try to remember to throw a like even when I have nothing to say.

That ignition wire cover turned out really well!
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I agree with the above, it gets dull to keep writing "awesome!" and "looks great!" all the time even though that's what I think each time I see a post, on many of the threads I follow. But your work seriously is nice to see and the amount of care you take fabbing things up shows your dedication to the build. The loom cover is a nice touch and fits well with the overall look of the rest of the engine, love when things are modified but done to look nice and tidy and not sloppy. Keep it up!
                '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

I feel the same , I don’t really know what to say when I see other build even if the work is amazing . Pretty much all the time it’s worth saying something..
                  my bad too ..

thanks all for the words about the wire cover !
                  i love how it look ! Very happy about it !

for the progress schedule , there are lot of thing to do .
                  In order :
                  -weld/grind/putty/sandblast/sand/primer the engine bay
                  -dismantle and deep cleaning the subframe/steering rack
                  -reinforce/paint the subframe
                  -reeinstall the subframe and all front mechanical
                  -put the engine temporary
                  -fit the fmic and piping
                  -fit the oil cooler and oses
                  -remove The engine
                  -paint the engine bay
                  and more more more ..!

Comment

I watch every update on this thread.

Comment

Another lurking admirer here...

You clearly have the skills to execute your vision and that is a great solution for your spark plug wires.

....and yes, I should probably also try to comment more on other's project threads (and probably also update my own thread in less than 6 month increments). There is so much excellent work going on and lots of great ideas being shared.

Comment

I'm also keeping an eye on (and enjoying) this thread. I just don't have anything relevant to add. Keep up the great work!

Comment

Fair enough folks, Im glad to see that you still see my post . I will continu update it and trying to talk more ! Works on the engine bay is done. -deep clean (30 year of grease haha) -remove unecessary braket -weld all hole that is not used -make little steel part for the bigger hole -sandblasting the rust spot -3m steel glue on the weld (for preventive) -putty -etch primer -high build primer For now , the result is meh, but I can’t paint it until more work is done (like mentionned above) Next step is the subframe Cleaning , Make steel reinforcement plate and weld it Sandblast Paint !

Comment

Little update ! As planned , i put some time on the front subframe . -cleaning -Diy steel reinforcement pièces -welding -sandblast -paint Next step is put the engine on the bay for fitting the intercooler. But for this I need to put back on the subframe and the front mecanics .Since my engine hoist is a hook on the roof, i need to push the car beneath the hook. So reassemble the subframe(engine mount, sway bar , steering rack. Put back the suspension à did a cleaning and brake maintenance ( cleaning/greasing) Now i can start to fit the fmic Fmic is from Cx racing Piping is universal eBay I am also in the searching process for a steering rack replacement . I have in mind the yellow tag 712 from the e46 zhp. I’ve read is the best rack for an upgrade. Even better that the z3 2.7 turn ! I hope to find one!

Comment

Little update ! Work on the e30 going good. I now have finish to « fit » the fmic and piping. It is 90% complete , I still need 2x 45° reductive elbow to complete the piping . Fortunately they are in the post! I made the IC support with aluminium tubing and steel plate weld to the chassis Then was the time for make some AN10 oses for the oil cooler aftermarket Made braket for the oil cooler And now this is how it look installed! I also find a ZHP e46 steering rack ! This rack , the gold label 712, is supposedly the best rack bmw ever made for the 3 series. Even better than the z3 2.7 turn. I can’t explain you why, but with my reading , I came to that conclusion . Feel free to correct me ! Next steps : -remove the engine -prep an paint the brackets -install the new rack (waiting for garagistic parts) -prep and paint the engine bay

Comment

Today i have paint the engine bay . Everything have go pretty good. The result is not perfect since is paint in the garage and not paintbooth, but it is very acceptable! 3.5 hours for sanding the high build primer 320-500-600 grit and grey scotbrite Then 3hours of masking Tips: for those who want to paint their engine bay , for the wire and other , the aluminium sheet is very a good solution ! Then tach cloth, 3 coat of basecoat, 2 coats of clearcoat. Love the result I also prep and paint my diy braket(oil cooler/fmic)

Comment

Working...
                                X