No announcement yet.

E30 M3 Vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to be good. Love this progress.

Comment

Started polishing all the glass with cerium oxide, trying to remove 30 years worth of scratches is difficult.

Click image for larger version  Name:	49610906027_89caa055fe_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.3 KB ID:	9910715

Painted the window trim while i was working in the area. It would have been much easier to do this before the car was painted but i completely forgot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	49644008166_fd2acc7cce_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	9910716
      Last edited by 968Reckless; 03-10-2020, 07:56 AM.
      /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Going in a direction with the radio that most people won't like but i want carplay so a double din screen is needed. Layout is pretty simple as the hvac controls will be dropped down (that's the plan at least). Originally i was planning on using the 316 euro panel but the screen was too big to fit in the middle. Kinda happy i didn't end up cutting a semi-rare e30 hvac panel in the end.

Click image for larger version  Name:	49596179911_fe2209b821_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.2 KB ID:	9910718

Click image for larger version  Name:	49610651891_a4e352e47a_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.5 KB ID:	9910719
        /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Soft top was installed last week and i put a fender on to make it look some what like a car. Test fit the non-m fender liners and they lined up pretty well. Slight modifications and i'll be able to run them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	49643481993_06e5bfd064_z.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	9910721

Click image for larger version

Name:	49644287162_2ce12e1b17_z.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	9910722
          /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

I have always wondered if a double din would fit in the area of the ash tray and the little area behind it. have you looked at that location?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
              I have always wondered if a double din would fit in the area of the ash tray and the little area behind it. have you looked at that location?
              I've seen it done. it was a double din touch screen with the disc drive on the top half and it fit at an angle with a custom fiberglass panel that replaced the ashtray. and was screwed into the bottom of the dash under the HVAC. the stock head unit location was filled with a set of VDO gauges from a MK1 VW

i tried to find it but its been years and i think it was a build on e30-tech.
              "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
              Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad311 View Post

I've seen it done. it was a double din touch screen with the disc drive on the top half and it fit at an angle with a custom fiberglass panel that replaced the ashtray. and was screwed into the bottom of the dash under the HVAC. the stock head unit location was filled with a set of VDO gauges from a MK1 VW

i tried to find it but its been years and i think it was a build on e30-tech.
                I just found a picture and to be honest, looking at it again the location wouldn't work that well. You would bump into it while shifting or reaching for the shifter, etc. just not a lot of space.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                  It can be done above the ashtray. You need to do a lot of trimming or remove the heater core. Not ideal and looking down at it while driving isn’t the safest. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Suspensions is pretty much installed just need to wrap up a few loose ends and start bending my hard lines. Waiting for my 5-lug stuff to come in before i can mount brakes.

Tucked the main part of the harness against the floor and built a false floor for everything else to sit on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	49644287902_5732e5f01a_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	9913571

Soft lines will mount to bulkheads and come up through the main floor into hard lines.

Click image for larger version  Name:	49701322962_c41a2ec0ac_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.5 KB ID:	9913570

Ran the lines to 2 bulkheads on either side of the rear section of the spare wheel well. This will allow easy access to them from both the inside and outside of the car if needed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	49700481673_0620e34eae_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.4 KB ID:	9913572

Click image for larger version  Name:	49701431997_4bd67664dc_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.0 KB ID:	9913573

Click image for larger version  Name:	49701012891_1c9128269f_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	9913574

/// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Had a new windshield dropped off but was not able to get OEM glass, NLA. The aftermarket glass i received was "the only option" according to safelite and has a nasty teal tint band across it. Anyone have a different option???

/// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Finished upholstering the tonneau cover, happy with the results.

Click image for larger version  Name:	49672859116_1080dbf428.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.3 KB ID:	9913577

crazy amount of plastic clips replaced to get everything to mount $$$$$

Click image for larger version  Name:	49701336467_af0ff08ac2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.0 KB ID:	9913578
                        /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Nice work on the tonneau cover. What did you use to secure the vinyl to the cover in terms of adhesive? Will be recovering my my check panel cover (the vinyl is peeling off in places) and am debating between a couple of products
                          '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
                            Nice work on the tonneau cover. What did you use to secure the vinyl to the cover in terms of adhesive? Will be recovering my my check panel cover (the vinyl is peeling off in places) and am debating between a couple of products
                            The best spray is 3m 76 but you can only get it online. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

subscribed as well...nicely done!
                              BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Questions:
                                when you polish glass with cerium oxide, 1; where did you get it and is it just rub and polish like you would with glass cleaning clay?
                                did you delete the third brake light? I thought I read that you "shaved" it.
                                I deleted my 3rd brake light and went to MoBrighta to add bulbs in the sockets intended for rear fog lights...
                                You are doing awesome work! Were I local, I would be over watching you daily!
                                Any new pictures? PLEASE

Comment

Working...
                                X