No announcement yet.

Project #26 MR2MAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, hadn't seen about the Datsun. Really wanted to see how it ended up since I grew up with one in the garage, had only ever driven in it a handful of times. My dad sold his 1600 when I was 13 with 2 extra good motors and a garage full of other parts, I always wish he had kept it. Although then I'd be working on that AND the E30 now and my pockets aren't quite that deep at the moment. This should be a fun project, off to a great start! Sub'd

'86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

The Datsun was so much fun but such a heartbreaker, and it got more than it’s share of my hide... I had to move on, but they hold a special place in my heart.

I had some time in the garage and got a few things wrapped up.

Per MWR guide I capped and routed the Coolant Lines on the side of the motor. Ordered a few more parts, one includes the giant line from the side of the head to the hard line under the car.

Also installed the dipstick line, installed my 1ZZ alternator and install the wires.

Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

My Innovative amounts arrived and I quickly wanted to install them. Got the side mounts installed. The driver side doesn’t have the provisions for the battery tray, so I will be looking for a better solution, also planning to use a smaller, lighter battery anyways so this didn’t really annoy me.

Slowly chugging along. There was a random T40 holding the last bolt of the heat shield of the 1ZZ exhaust manifold. Trip to O’Reillys today and I got to work trying to finish tearing down the old motor and tranny.

Got the manifold off, along with finally separating the motor and tranny. Gota few more pieces moved over to the other motor. Last thing left to move over is the 1ZZ oil pan.

Anyone know the torque specs of the bolt on the roller pulley, and the axle support? A little worried to go too tight because of the Aluminum Block
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

man I can't keep up with your dizzying rotation of vehicles. There are 2many 2keep track of. I know the signs now though.... if your old build thread goes quiet for more than 3-4 weeks.... I know what happened

get this shit done so we can get the OG group together for a supercar sunday meet, mulholland highway drive and end at neptunes

edit: congrats on the new car and project
          '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
          Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
            congrats on the new car and project
            thanks

Trust me, theres nothing more Id love than to just have one car to dump all my blood, sweat and tears into but there are a few problems with that for me.

1: I get bored.
            2: My priorities change.
            3: Im not rich and cant just buy exactly what I want.
            4: I have an "ideal, fun car" in my mind and I keep trying to build it
            5: Theres simply too many cars I want in my life to stick to one car forever
            6: Im married and the garage is a place my wife hates to go so I need a reason to be there lol jkjk
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Nice! I'm more of an AW11 kind of guy but these are still cool.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

6: Im married and the garage is a place my wife hates to go so I need a reason to be there lol jkjk
                I'm getting married this year (well, supposed to anyway with the 'Rona), and if my fianceé didn't allow me the garage time necessary for my car addiction I'd be in BIIIIIGGGGGG trouble. Props to the women behind the scenes of R3V
                '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post

I'm getting married this year (well, supposed to anyway with the 'Rona), and if my fianceé didn't allow me the garage time necessary for my car . Props to the women behind the scenes of R3V
                  First of all congrats. I’m just joking around about hiding from my wife. She likes naps, I like wrenching. She DGAF about cars, but understands my passion. She’s a good sport about detours to pick up or drop off car parts but I make sure she knows in advance and all is well. She’s a keeper for sure. Tomorrow’s our anniversary and we’re going out of town for a nice little mini vacation.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

thanks

Trust me, theres nothing more Id love than to just have one car to dump all my blood, sweat and tears into but there are a few problems with that for me.

1: I get bored.
                    2: My priorities change.
                    3: Im not rich and cant just buy exactly what I want.
                    4: I have an "ideal, fun car" in my mind and I keep trying to build it
                    5: Theres simply too many cars I want in my life to stick to one car forever
                    I hear ya.

3 - im not rich, but even if I were I'd still prefer to build what I want, mostly because no one sells it
                    5 - agreed except I want to keep them all
                    6 - same, but kidding aside I'm lucky on that front too.
                    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                    Shadetree30

Comment

Yea I could simply buy a Lotus Elise but where’s the fun in just buying a badass car. I enjoy the building process just as much as the final product.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

I’ve been plugging away slowly at small stuff, nothing worth taking pictures of. Today however, a before and after of the 6speed going in.

Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Ok, still chipping away...

First things first, the front mount had a stripped thread.

I wonder why this was stripped...

Tappity Tap Tap

...and done!

Over the weekend I took the subframe to a self-serve car wash and power washed it. Much better!

I also had to clean up the threads on a few other spots on the transmission. No pics of that but chipping away on minor stuff. Hoping to have the motor and trans get hooked together and installed the car this weekend. Waiting for a Fidanza flywheel which should arrive Friday.

Stay tuned
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Ended up ordering a few more parts which will delay the install for another week or something...

Nevertheless, still have plenty to keep me busy. Finally removed the MWR PnP adapter and was a little disappointed at the short length of the Lift actuator. I wanted to run the extra wiring along with the rest of the harness, but that doesn’t seem to be the way they want it done.

Just for fun, I wanted to see if the 1ZZ ECU would plug into harness. I have a long term plan and was curious.

The instructions mention that the wiring for the TPS need to be changed, but didn’t say how... thanks... anyone know how and what needs to be swapped around? Also is this a change due to the 2ZZ wiring, or the position of the 2ZZ throttle plate? Where is the difference between a 1ZZ?

Next thing I did was to remove the old rubber shift cable isolators and installed these bronze ones from MWR.

DHL delivered my Cusco brace. Bought this through Yahoo Auctions via Nengun and it was a quite painless purchase. I would’ve had the rear bars also but lost a bidding war on eBay ... oh well

Was planning on installing this and the bp brace later, but decided to just do it now.

With that out of the way I decided to install the MWR swap header and I’m all for promoting your business but maybe check to make sure it doesn’t interfere with the stock bolts... insert facepalm here

A little motivation with the hammer and it’s out of the way and all installed. I bought all new hardware which is always nice to install with other new parts

Went back for some more. I actually painted this earlier today and got bored, so I went back down to the garage and installed it. This was actually the first thing I bought for the car, a bpbrace from phattires.

Here’s how it looked when I arrived, tightly packaged with duct tape.

...and after paint and install. Excited to get this car together and drive it.

Last edited by 2mAn; 07-19-2020, 08:18 PM. Reason: Keep going back for more...
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Lol at that logo placement, look like great headers otherwise.

Comment

Still working on a few projects. Without going into details I did get a few things done, wiring for the throttle body is done

checked the lift pump filter. Both were clean and I cleaned them some more...

Hope to have the motor and trans finally mated this week so I can install them next weekend
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X