Clear All

lookin real sharp now with the hardtop!
    We're in deep now boys
    1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
    1988 340iL - Track car
    My M60 V8 swap thread here
    [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the love. No plans for a k-swap unless someone buys the motor and tranny ... which aren’t really for sale lol

Hardtop definitely changes the character of the car, and hoping for some track time in January before the baby comes
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Another canyon run in the books. Took a different route because we were determined to get to Newcombs Ranch. I got to be the lead car and the Elise was behind me... I left him so far behind lol... I can’t wait until I get the wheels and tires on this car. So good...

Our meetup spot had a few other cars who had the same mission as us.

Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Another canyon run done and Im working on a video, but my "camera work" sucks haha

Hoping to get the wheels/tires/ studs done soon. I was going to have the tires installed this week, but the "Dad-Mobile" is being a pest courtesy of a DumbAssPreviousOwner...

Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Car looks great, congratulations on the baby!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
              Car looks great, congratulations on the baby!
              Thank you sir!

Ladies and gents, my car officially modified...

Double Staggered Rota Slipstreams with Nankang AR1s

15x7 with 205/50 up front and 16x8 with 225/45 in the back.

They fill the wheel wells quite nice.

Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Looks great, I have been looking for wheels for months. Finally decided to bite the bullet and get Gram Lights & the ones I want are freaking back ordered until spring :P

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Happy New Year everyone!

Did my annual New Years Day Driving with my buddy. We planned to join a group of Porsches, but that group was just hanging around the parking lot for too long so we ditched them. Made 2 videos, almost done with the second one heres the first one

Also, I just registered for a 2-day Alfa Club of Southern California Driver School. No Roll Bar so Im in the "Street Performance" Group. Streets of Willow, so it should be a lot of fun. Not really the best timing, but the car is doing good, new tires are on and the baby isnt here yet so maybe it is the best timing!...
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Nice choice on shoes. It looks proper!

Comment

Great video. That road looks really fun. "I swear I cleaned my windshield" - yeah, right. ;-)

Comment

This is a pic from my New Years Day Drive... had to show some BOOMER how to post a pic....

Anyways, tomorrow and Sunday I will be at the Streets of Willow for the Alfa Club of Southern California's Driver School. Ive done it before, but because I dont have a roll bar, they wont let me run with the Intermediate guys and I will be with the Newbies... but thats ok. First time on track with this car and first time on track with a Mid Engine car, so Im ok starting from square one
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Update time!

I had a little plan to update my bumper to the 03-05 version because I found one on ebay locally in silver. I was quite stoked but the seller was very bad at responding to my questions. I asked for some pics of the damage because the pics in the ad were really bad. I figured that it wasnt a mint bumper, but when someone on SpyderChat was willing to buy my stock bumper I decided to throw him a lower offer and see if he would take it. He said he was so the buyer here came and picked up the bumper sunday but the seller couldnt meet until monday.

Ready to go!

Front bumper sold Sunday and Im anxious to go meet the guy on Monday. Well, he arrives and he has the bumper and its in good condition overall.... BUT ITS YELLOW. I really didnt know what to do. I didnt want it, but I already sold mine. I was quite pissed at the guy and immediately cut my offer in half. He was insulted and started to pack the bumper back in his car, but realizing that I needed it I reiterated that he deceived me and needed to make it right. Eventually we agreed to a number, but was still annoyed that now I have to paint this damn bumper... packed it up in the wagon and took it home...

Later, I installed it and stood back laughing at the situation I got myself into

Back to track prep and I knew I needed to roll the rear fenders so I went to town with my buddy Charlies Eastwood Fender Roller.

Once that was done, I did an oil change (~252k) and called it ready to go!..

The Driving School consisted of class, skidpad and tracktime. Goal on the skidpad was to get the car into a slide and counter. The car was sticking so good, even with a wet course that the instructor who was with me was quite impressed with the limit. Cali Photography was also there and got a few decent pics of my car on the skidpad. I didnt like any of the track ones, so here you go.

Overall, I had a blast and cant wait to get back out there. Got another video uploaded of my weekends' experience.

Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

So, how soon until the body of the car is yellow too?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                              So, how soon until the body of the car is yellow too?
                              Is that how I become a YouTube Influencer?
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc07334_orig.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	9971175
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X