No announcement yet.

Daily Beater - $5k or less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good score Joe, being the wagon fiend I am, always liked the idea of one of those.

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
    here for the replies, but I just need a cheap reliable DD, im in the south so no 4WD for me.
    If you don't need a ton of space but still want a lot of space for the vehicle, Honda Fit. If you get it in manual it can even be fun I've heard. Pricing for everything has gone up, but I've still seen some cheap Fits.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
      Good score Joe, being the wagon fiend I am, always liked the idea of one of those.

If you don't need a ton of space but still want a lot of space for the vehicle, Honda Fit. If you get it in manual it can even be fun I've heard. Pricing for everything has gone up, but I've still seen some cheap Fits.

I'm also a huge wagon fan, but my DD is a 2020 fit with a roof rack. When I got I was toying with the idea of an older fit for around 6-8k. I've moved a ton of building material, a full size headboard and footboad, a 36inch fiberglass front door on the roof rack. The only issue I have with mine is it's automatic (b'c wife can't drive standard), other than that, it's a great DD and can haul a ton of stuff, especially with roof rack

Comment

I was just gifted a 2002 Saturn SL1. Its a weird looking car but its grown on me. They can be found for sub 2k and are super easy to work on.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
          I was just gifted a 2002 Saturn SL1. Its a weird looking car but its grown on me. They can be found for sub 2k and are super easy to work on.
          drove a 5sp ‘96 SC2 from Philly to Indy all through college. It would get 40+ mpg on the highway. Traded it for my first E30, but always enjoyed the car in some weird way.
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

drove a 5sp ‘96 SC2 from Philly to Indy all through college. It would get 40+ mpg on the highway. Traded it for my first E30, but always enjoyed the car in some weird way.
            Nice to hear! I was debating on whether or not to keep it. I think you just helped me with that decision.
            sigpic

Comment

congrats on the new new whip. i drove one of those in college for a few years. ‘95 with a manual swap. it died when the transmission synchros failed and i spent two years and five used replacement trannys later. each one either was broken down and no better than the first or didn’t fit. sold it for $500 a few months ago. loved the way the car casually slid into the triple digits.

Comment

AWD Wagon... yes! I really wish I could have found a 525ix wagon instead of my 525i but they're incredibly rare.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                  AWD Wagon... yes! I really wish I could have found a 525ix wagon instead of my 525i but they're incredibly rare.
                  I think they only made like 10-30k of them, and I know parts have got to be hell to find for those. Even dumb stuff like rear brake rotors.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post

the manual wagons were / are coveted as cheap snowboard / ski cars with decent tires.
                    don't think any had awd though.

Comment

Working...
                    X