The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

Im probably going to sell the DRZ and get a Beta Xtrainer.

Got my permit and road driving pretty much not fun to me over 35mph. Would rather have a better dirt scooter.
    I really like the new 2021 beta xtrainer I think because it has blue plastics haha!

I'm the same way riding fast on the road just doesn't do it for me, I would much rather be doing like 10-15 mph in the woods over logs, rocks, and other stuff. I love this 200 though, I have put like 35 hours on it in the month and a half I've owned it. The oil injection system is nice to have too and it having a plate has opened up a whole new opportunity of trail riding to me and my friends being able to ride a few miles on the road connecting trails together. The offroad tires make doing anything above like 40 mph is sorta sketchy on the road. but all in all probably one of my best purchases since my tacoma.
    -Dee
    5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
    IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post

I really like the new 2021 beta xtrainer I think because it has blue plastics haha!

I'm the same way riding fast on the road just doesn't do it for me, I would much rather be doing like 10-15 mph in the woods over logs, rocks, and other stuff. I love this 200 though, I have put like 35 hours on it in the month and a half I've owned it. The oil injection system is nice to have too and it having a plate has opened up a whole new opportunity of trail riding to me and my friends being able to ride a few miles on the road connecting trails together. The offroad tires make doing anything above like 40 mph is sorta sketchy on the road. but all in all probably one of my best purchases since my tacoma.
      See I want the 2020 Red plastics, Need that Italian Red livery ya know. Not Captain America.

Im hoping the stock suspension is able to handle my fat ass for a bit before I can have it tuned for my weight, its supposedly really soft once you get over 15-20mph which would be alright but I think it would make some riding suck.

Need to actually go to the dealer and see how long it would take.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

See I want the 2020 Red plastics, Need that Italian Red livery ya know. Not Captain America.

Im hoping the stock suspension is able to handle my fat ass for a bit before I can have it tuned for my weight, its supposedly really soft once you get over 15-20mph which would be alright but I think it would make some riding suck.

Need to actually go to the dealer and see how long it would take.
        Oh you want the race edition red plastics. I like my white plastics but when they are finally all beat up I'll probably end up getting aftermarket red plastics and put the stock red/white graphics on it haha! So I had all my suspension done and I think it but I've had to play around with the valving a lot and I still haven't gotten quite right. My dealer who I ride with every week or two says to just buy springs for your weight and leave the valving alone. I've gotten up to like 60 on the road and honestly it's terrifying the whole bike basically shakes and the suspension is way to soft. But 30mph feels fine even with the super soft tires.

The italian red livery haha! there is a sign at my local dealer that says "why ride a bitter old pumpkin when you can have a sweet red tomato."
        -Dee
        5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
        IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Went for a nice ride last weekend on some back roads. Picked up a new helmet (Scorpion ST1400) a few weeks back and was itching to use it. Half the weight of my old HJC, which was almost to its 10th birthday...

Flattering picture of my chonky ass

A buddy's XSR700 (damn fun bike), my F4, and my 250R borrowed by my other buddy.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Damn I wish it wasn't so damn hot here I kinda miss my bike.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

I bought some of those super cheap tank grips from ebay and slapped them on right before the hurricane hit (was overrated, nothing happened) so I went for a ride today. hard to really say anything positive/negative about them for street riding though.

My friend came on my 250 that I didn't get around to fixing to sell this year. We traded off, and I rode the 250 for the first time since who knows when. It is not as good as I remember. Riding position just feels weird, foot controls are too high vs the pegs, levers are also too high, clutch/throttle/shifter feel wack.

I have zero qualms with getting rid of it now, might slap a new chain on it and a new inspection and take a bit of a hit just to have some money for my final school year.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
              X