OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30austin
    replied
    It's really just a fancy E53 4.4i, but I fucking love it. Best daily driver ever.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan...
    replied
    So, I've done quite a bit of research into common issues, maintenance costs, DIY stuff, etc, and I'm still considering picking up an 06-08 Range Rover.

    I'm about to start a drastic reduction in my lifestyle, selling my '16 F150 (or trading it in if the deal is good enough), which would save me about $12-13k if I sold it outright and bought a 12-15k vehicle.

    These are the two I'm looking at next week:

    06 Supercharged

    http://www.zonemotorschicago.com/det...-17371283.html

    08 HSE

    https://www.atozautosports.com/vehic...604e2656d87055


    Opinions on the two?

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    The end of this one is nuts...




    I'm obviously biased now, but it seems the LR3/4 has a Ford electrical system, Volvo switches, a torquey bulletproof Jaguar V8 with lots of oil and special seals, and an awesome traction sensor and offroad system. Now everybody is copying the terrain response and hill descent stuff. They weigh almost 6000 lbs, but that's another issue.
    Last edited by LateFan; 03-14-2018, 02:46 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    D1s are basically the same underneath as a Defender.

    That said, I prefer D2s for the extra comforts (They're like the e46 of Rovers...just enough to have all you need, but not too complicated), and will probably prefer a LR3 eventually when I get my shit together and shuffle the deck.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    I read on another forum that unless you want to rock crawl in some tube chassis monster, a used LR3 is just as capable and much more reliable and nice than a disco.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5ickride
    replied
    Disco's have hit the floor on price. Good time to pick one up. I was also thinking about getting a disco then i saw a P38 Rhino edition and that was it.

    Leave a comment:


  • bostonvert
    replied
    Originally posted by yngtmr
    I've recently been interested in building an offroad vehicle to have some fun in. Disco 1's have really caught my eye as they look great, perform well on and offroad, and seem relatively simple to work on. Am I completely out of my mind? What should I look for in a D1?
    Rust, rust and more rust

    Leave a comment:


  • yngtmr
    replied
    I've recently been interested in building an offroad vehicle to have some fun in. Disco 1's have really caught my eye as they look great, perform well on and offroad, and seem relatively simple to work on. Am I completely out of my mind? What should I look for in a D1?

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackSpeed66
    replied
    The guys at RR.net are an invaluable wealth of knowledge over there. Still loving mine!

    Edit: I still stand by this statement despite the fact that my passenger’s HVAC blower has become possessed and is currently living by its own rules. ;)
    Last edited by BlackSpeed66; 03-07-2018, 11:05 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5ickride
    replied
    Giving up on the classics, going to test my patience on the p38. Wish me luck

    Leave a comment:


  • bostonvert
    replied


    Bought my first RRC! Picked it up in the most Northern part of Holland 2 weeks ago. It's a 1985 RHD car that was imported to Holland back in the early 2000's and has sat in a barn ever since. Haven't found anything online about the two tone paint job, the color is pretty much the main reason why I bought it!

    Plans are to do the mechanical stuff this spring, get the sills welded up, register it and have some fun in the spring/summer and do a complete teardown next winter.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Original Camel Trophy '92 Discovery for sale on Hemmings. Dents still on it, race equipment, and original tires...

    http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...over-for-sale/

    Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-shot-2018-02-08-at-2-14-37-pm-1518117337.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	7194125

    Click image for larger version

Name:	camelfront-1518117380.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	7194126

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackSpeed66
    Wow! A P38 just sold for over $14k on BaT yesterday! :mrgreen:
    Ugh.

    Ugh.....

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackSpeed66
    replied
    Wow! A P38 just sold for over $14k on BaT yesterday! :mrgreen:

    Leave a comment:


  • UNHCLL
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    Check this guy out - restoring RRC's to perfect condition in Vermont...

    Taylor Congleton grew up on the water, in South Hero, Vermont—an island in the midst of Lake Champlain, tucked quietly away between upstate New York and the Quebec border. Nowadays he raises three majestic hound dogs who occasionally inspect his work. On the weekends he sails a hydrofoil catamaran painted with Flying Tigers livery, a tribute to his World War II veteran grandfather. He has the tasteful trappings of Range Rover life. And within the cramped blue walls of a 1,600 square-foot shop in


    He does a beautiful job. But to campare it to Singer is just silly - he's restoring them to perfect new condition, sure, but all OEM / stock. If it were me, for that amount of work and money, I'd say why not take that opportunity to get rid of all the Lucas smoke parts and sensors and wiring harness, and design a new harness and engine management system from scratch. It can look stock but function way better than originally designed.
    It's Jalopnik...
    They wouldn't know how to write a factual or reality based automotive article if it was handed to them by a real writer.

    Leave a comment:

Working...