No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it as simple as finding the pigtail off a D2 and splicing it into a D1?
    1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Possibly. My D1 only has 8 wires on the top connector, so I won't be close to using all the pins. Problem is there aren't any D2s in the local scrap yard.

Edit: Keep in mind I haven't the slightest clue at this point if the right wires go to the right pins, but the bottom two connectors plug right in.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

oh god the high pressure PS line is a pain in the ass. Took over an hour to switch that damn hose last night.

Need to throw the belt back on and bleed out the PS system, I should have taken a picture because jesus the underside was COATED in ATF. I should probably wash all that shit off in a car wash.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
          I should have taken a picture because jesus the underside was COATED in ATF. I should probably wash all that shit off in a car wash.

No no no, consider it rust protection.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            No no no, consider it rust protection.
            Besides, you have days and days of labour just getting a rover road worthy right? no time for "cleaning" or such menial tasks...

I'm off to drive my Jeep around without requiring any major repair first...

jk, just thought we could use another salvo in the Jeep Vs. Rover battle.
            Originally Posted by ACMF74
            i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

I would much rather wrench than have to carry around a case of natty lite with me at all times.

Comment

So update 2 on the D2 radio.

It's in and working! All I had to do was re -pin the pink connector, to the brown connector. To my knowledge the wires on the brown connector have no function on the D2 radio.

Bad news: I have a shit ton of feedback :(
                1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I would much rather wrench a Rover than have to carry around a case of tampons with me at all times.
                  fixed

Comment

I wonder if there are more resistors inside that D2 HU.

Comment

I wonder if there are more resistors inside that D2 HU.
                      Honestly I don't know. I'm also going to check to see if I'm running any unnecessary wires.

Comment

Success story: crossed standing water that came up to the bottom of the doors on my commute this morning. Nothing shorted out, nothing faltered. It almost seemed to enjoy it.

Comment

Went last night to weld up my broken ass PS bracket. It was dark, and windy. Got everything out and began to weld and a fucking hurricane hit. Within 3 minutes the barnyard was flooded with a river flowing down to the driveway.

Got my bracket welded up though. One step closer to driving this thing again.
                          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I need to find motivation to do anything.

Comment

the op's video is awesome

e24 e9 e30
                              IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

this is an e30 forum, not a honda thread. ooops, i thought the title was the official bend over thread. frikin honda homos
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X