X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same outfit and everything.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I watched that exact concert on television about a month or so ago. It was great... Freddie was a great fucking singer... and so incredibly gay and flamboyant.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
        So I have decided everytime I walk to my rover I will do it like this.

The flag will come in handy to keep warm when it refuses to start.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
          The flag will come in handy to keep warm when it refuses to start.
          So will Freddie.

Comment

I don't mean to interrupt this lovefest for queens, but...

I installed a ladder yesterday. It was powdercoated from factory, so I didn't have to repaint it.

Comment

So, got my hokey PS bracket kinda on. Put a little "L" on it to make sure the belt couldn't walk off the pump anymore. Also redid the welds and made it a bit stronger.

We'll see tomorrow how it holds up....

Comment

Got some time to kill?
                Love you some Landies in mud, rivers, and jungles?

Enjoy.

Don't think you'll ever see the equivalent for a Jeep. :)
                Below the radar...

Comment

So Front DS back into rover, come to find out the rear u-joint is absolutely shot.

Fantastic.
                  1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
                    So Front DS back into rover, come to find out the rear u-joint is absolutely shot.

Fantastic.
                    At least your belts stay on.

Redid the power steering bracket on mine, including a nice little L to hold the belt on, kinda like on a lawn mower belt. Problem, it didn't fix it. The pulley, I put on straight and reinforced, still pulls upward, and walks the belt off. The L holds the belt on, but doesn't re-seat it on the pulley, so the belt just kinda rubs on it.

No jive.

Going to have to go forward with moving the PS pump to the other side, in place of the AC compressor.

It held enough to move the Rover to the back of the driveway with the e46 that needs new suspension, etc.

Anyone have good engine bay pics of a South African Defender with an M52? I wanna see how they did it from the factory.

Comment

Holy lot of tack welds batman!!!
                      www.truegearhead.com
                      - bad decisions & questionable cars

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                        At least your belts stay on.

Redid the power steering bracket on mine, including a nice little L to hold the belt on, kinda like on a lawn mower belt. Problem, it didn't fix it. The pulley, I put on straight and reinforced, still pulls upward, and walks the belt off. The L holds the belt on, but doesn't re-seat it on the pulley, so the belt just kinda rubs on it.

No jive.

Going to have to go forward with moving the PS pump to the other side, in place of the AC compressor.

It held enough to move the Rover to the back of the driveway with the e46 that needs new suspension, etc.

Anyone have good engine bay pics of a South African Defender with an M52? I wanna see how they did it from the factory.

Slammin, have you replaced that tensioner pulley yet? About the only thing the that pushes belts off is pulley misalignment. That tensioner pulley looks crooked and would do just that if it is.

Also, those welds.
                        Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Slammin, have you replaced that tensioner pulley yet? About the only thing the that pushes belts off is pulley misalignment. That tensioner pulley looks crooked and would do just that if it is.

Also, those welds.
                          That idler pulley is the one doing it. The tension on the belt pulls the pulley up, and walks the belt off.

Dem welds. I didn't make the bracket, I just repaired it. I really do want to ditch this setup.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                            That idler pulley is the one doing it. The tension on the belt pulls the pulley up, and walks the belt off.

Dem welds. I didn't make the bracket, I just repaired it. I really do want to ditch this setup.

If the idler stayed straight, i don't think it would walk. It looks in the pic like the idler is at a different angle (not parallel) to the other pulleys, maybe the tensioning spring is shot as well.
                            Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

If the idler stayed straight, i don't think it would walk. It looks in the pic like the idler is at a different angle (not parallel) to the other pulleys, maybe the tensioning spring is shot as well.
                              That idler is mounted to the bracket. It just bends up after tension is applied on the belt. I tried to reinforce it, knowing this was the problem, but it didn't work.

Comment

Power Steering Delete and then cancel your gym membership.

2 Birds. 1 Stone.
                                1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Working...
                                X