X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did this:

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

We put a fuel pump in the D1…ZOOM, it runs!

This just in…

Poem is "A Tall Man" by Carl Sandburg. 1918.

Comment

The making of…

Comment

Is it bad that I really want to sell E30 now that defenders are cheap? 25 years old 80s defenders means lots of 10-12k D90s for sale.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Is it bad that I really want to sell E30 now that defenders are cheap? 25 years old 80s defenders means lots of 10-12k D90s for sale.
            Mmmmmhmmm.....

Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
              Just check with Homeland security to make sure its not an illegal imported one?
              willschnitz

Comment

Yeah customs is seizing and smashing them left and right, mostly it seems because they have been "too well restored". SO they look too good and too NEW becuase they have new frames and every nut and bolt is "new"
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  Yeah customs is seizing and smashing them left and right, mostly it seems because they have been "too well restored". SO they look too good and too NEW becuase they have new frames and every nut and bolt is "new"
                  DHS, saving us from cars that are probably safer than half the shit that "passes" inspection driving on the roads today....

....but not the terrorists.

Comment

Yeah maybe ill get a an 88 country and leave the 80s stripes on the outside and put a newer tdi motor inside it.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      There are a couple of shady companies scrounging up old ID / VIN plates in Europe, then building brand new 110s and selling them here as "1984" Land Rovers, or putting old VIN plates on new grey market 110s. That's part of the problem - why the feds can't sort those out from real ones I don't know.

Make the owner pay a fine, or ship them back, but don't smash them.

It is funny though - look in the Atlantic British or Rovers North catalogs. You could build an entirely new 110 with a galvanized frame, all new everything (maybe a used engine), but it would probably cost you $50,000 and you couldn't register it, so if you have that kind of money why not buy a restored, numbered, NAS Defender?

Pictures!
                      "I'm on a boat!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	119541_queen_elizabeth_prince_philip_hms_albion_zps4f3be89c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	7172694
                      Last edited by LateFan; 12-17-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

You are the one driving?

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                          You are the one driving?
                          Oh yes! "Drive me to the far end of the ship," says the Queen.

"Yes, Mum," says I.

Comment

The rarely witnesses birth of a Range Rover....

It has to get onto it's feet quickly after birth, otherwise it risks being trampled by the rest of the Mallcrawler herd....

Comment

[ATTACH]92330[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]92331[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]92332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]92333[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]92334[/ATTACH]

Comment

My friend recently picked up a nice series III, supposedly a complete frame off restoration but in the couple months that he has owned it has been down most days, recently the shift lever snapped off in his hand while driving down the road. Nonetheless still a great looking series LR[IMG][/IMG].
                                [IMG][/IMG]
                                [IMG][/IMG]
                                2004 BMW e60 525i - Daily
                                1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy
                                1994 Jeep Wrangler - Summer Toy
                                1993 Range Rover Classic - Handsome Looker that never gets driven

Comment

Working...
                                X