Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Maybe they used the PVC to encapsulate the actual (maybe soft) air line for safety reasons?

No straight pvc you could tell

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
      What is wrong with a challenger?
      It weighs over 4,000lbs, that's a start.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
        The owners or the car?
        Steve • Toronto
        1991 318is • Brillantrot
        Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          I drove test drove a 6 speed v8 challenger same era as this one. At a used car dealership for someone who didn't know how. They drive like shit and you can see anything.
          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Still trying to get mine to run right...thoughts of selling it are bouncing around my brain...
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
              I drove test drove a 6 speed v8 challenger same era as this one. At a used car dealership for someone who didn't know how. They drive like shit and you can see anything.
              Its just like ANY new car from ANY manufacture, you CANT SEE OUT OF THEM thanks to federal govt decree. They drive fine for a what they are built to be. A pony car with a hint of G/T car, they are not meant to handle like an M car or even a M sport 335i thats not what they are even close to being about. Not to mention you were driving a Manual used one from a used lot.... Ummmm kinda par for the course I would say. They are about 1320 feet (or would you be more comfortable with 402.34m) in a straight line. I like brand new Chrysler products and would own anything with a 392 in it, for about 2 years and 25k miles and dump just before they start to fall apart and you still have enough warranty left to be able to sell it off before all the magic smoke is released from the instrument cluster and suspension starts to sound broken.

They are a fucking a Chrysler errr a Fiat product, you cant have high hopes and higher end lux/sport expectations out of it. When you adjust your target to what they are aimed at being they hit their intended mark rather well, they have their issues due to...... because Chrysler product . They are a 400-700HP shopping cart with a decent radio and a place to sit. At the end of the day it still goes like a scalded dog from light to light in town and will bring a smile to your face while doing it for way less money than it would take from most other manufactures.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

It is a fantastic product that has just the right curb weight.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  Its just like ANY new car from ANY manufacture, you CANT SEE OUT OF THEM thanks to federal govt decree. They drive fine for a what they are built to be. A pony car with a hint of G/T car, they are not meant to handle like an M car or even a M sport 335i thats not what they are even close to being about. Not to mention you were driving a Manual used one from a used lot.... Ummmm kinda par for the course I would say. They are about 1320 feet (or would you be more comfortable with 402.34m) in a straight line. I like brand new Chrysler products and would own anything with a 392 in it, for about 2 years and 25k miles and dump just before they start to fall apart and you still have enough warranty left to be able to sell it off before all the magic smoke is released from the instrument cluster and suspension starts to sound broken.

They are a fucking a Chrysler errr a Fiat product, you cant have high hopes and higher end lux/sport expectations out of it. When you adjust your target to what they are aimed at being they hit their intended mark rather well, they have their issues due to...... because Chrysler product . They are a 400-700HP shopping cart with a decent radio and a place to sit. At the end of the day it still goes like a scalded dog from light to light in town and will bring a smile to your face while doing it for way less money than it would take from most other manufactures.
                  The high mileage used car definitely affected the driveability. Test driving these mid 2000's pony cars really gave me a appreciation for my E30'S handling and feel. The chargers and GT mustangs I drove had a really over boosted feeling to the clutch pedels, brake and even accelerator. And the steering was somehow slopper than a 200k mile E30.

Definitely a lot faster in a straight line, and that put a smile on my face for sure.
                  91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Yes I will agree with the light clutch, all domestic "cars" I have driven in the last 20 years with a clutch have this supper light clutch, even my FIL's current RS/SS Camaro is hard to modulate until you get used to it. Come to think of it most newer German and Japanese cars I have been in with a standard have been pretty light as well, like the one in my BIL 330xi, a couple of scoobies I have been in with a 5sp were pretty light too compared to a stock E30 clutch feel.

When I was teaching the wife (nearly 20 years ago) how to drive a standard I put her in 2.2L base model beater caviler I was using to to schlep 150 miles a day in for 33 mpg and used it like a work truck, because the clutch was so light, I thought it would be easier to learn on ( I grew up on a farm where everything but moms Olds had a clutch) . Nope she loved and learned in an E30 and 7.3 power stroke 1 ton that would make your leg numb in 10 mins worth of traffic.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                      It is a fantastic product that has just the right curb weight.
                      I beg to differ but I'm also very opinionated.
                      Steve • Toronto
                      1991 318is • Brillantrot
                      Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        they are about 1320 feet
                        They aren't even good at that. Look at the Hellcat and Demon, laughably slow for 700/800hp cars because they're just so damn heavy, at 15psi I have walked SRT8 challengers. No, it's definitely not the 'right' curb weight because that weight has left the challenger an 'also ran' in the pony/muscle car trio, it doesn't even compete when you compare it to the Mustangs and Camaros. Between the performance and the letterbox/gun slit visibility it's a sad that needs to be replaced or at the very least majorly updated. There was a brief period of time when the Challenger came out that it was faster than the Mustangs and the look made it stand out, but once the mustang got updated that was it, all the challenger had was its looks.
                        Last edited by varg; 03-10-2019, 01:56 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

Unrelated to Challengers being shit:

One upside came out of windows bricking itself:
                          I lost all my settings for Cura (the slicing software that turns a 3d model into gcode for 3d printers), so I needed to re-do my settings to print with PETG, and now with whatever is different, I'm printing 33% faster and the quality is way nicer.

Also, I finally found a co-op job for the summer, so I can stop spending time checking postings/interviewing/writing cover letters and just try to pass shit.
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                            Unrelated to Challengers being shit:

One upside came out of windows bricking itself:
                            I lost all my settings for Cura (the slicing software that turns a 3d model into gcode for 3d printers), so I needed to re-do my settings to print with PETG, and now with whatever is different, I'm printing 33% faster and the quality is way nicer.

Also, I finally found a co-op job for the summer, so I can stop spending time checking postings/interviewing/writing cover letters and just try to pass shit.
                            What printer are you using?
                            91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Creality CR-10s. No real mods besides the basics that people say to do online
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Just got back from LA Saturday and tonight I’m in chicago. God I hate traveling. Especially flying. I must say I thought LA was dirty but Chiraq takes the cake i think. Didn’t get decent until i go toward Schaumburg which was like the part of Omaha I live.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                                X