Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    if you notice
    check out all the 03 06 ish corollas
    they are 100% every single one of them have rusted out roofs.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Melon View Post
      In the late 80's and into the 90's we had a lot of issues with that due to acid rain.
      A lot of the plants cleaned up themselves, a lot, and now that's much less of an issue.

      Most of it is just caused by sun exposure.
      The EPA has had a strong hand in this as well.

      Comment


        Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
        if you notice
        check out all the 03 06 ish corollas
        they are 100% every single one of them have rusted out roofs.
        I had a 2006 that was my girlfriends daily. I did a paint correction on the clear and kept it waxed and well taken care of.
        That being said, it did hold up longer than many others, and I sold it right as I could see the clear delaminating.

        That car was a tank though, she had two fender benders and it was in my garage when the house flooded. It sat in 18" of water, and had no issues.
        I did strip the interior out, clean all connectors, steam cleaned all the carpets too, so it never had a smell.

        I sold it to a couple of Mexicans who loaded it up on a trailer and shipped it south.
        I do things.

        Comment


          Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

          The EPA has had a strong hand in this as well.
          100% EPA regulated.
          Plants don't spend money for the betterment of the community.

          Source: Works for plants.
          I do things.

          Comment


            So Re: Subaru people:

            Reading the forums, they're fucking weird about ringland issues.
            99% of posts about it claim that the stock pistons are defective and the engines knock like crazy from the factory, and the only fix is to run forged pistons. Yet when you see any picture of a disassembled EJ25, there is zero traditional sign of knock.
            Look at the stock ring gap specs, and I see that the top ring is spec'd for .0079" - .0098" gap? That's tighter than an S52, on an engine with more power, a bigger bore, and a turbo?

            Is this some kind of bandaid to pass emissions on an engine from the early '90s at the expense of longevity?
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

            Comment


              Also I guess Toyota started a program for peeling Blizzard Pearl and Super White paint on 2008-2022 model cars where they will repaint the affected panel(s), and then warranty that paint for 10 years. This might be Canada specific, but that's an awfully large window.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

              Comment


                Originally posted by Northern View Post
                So Re: Subaru people:

                Reading the forums, they're fucking weird about ringland issues.
                99% of posts about it claim that the stock pistons are defective and the engines knock like crazy from the factory, and the only fix is to run forged pistons. Yet when you see any picture of a disassembled EJ25, there is zero traditional sign of knock.
                Look at the stock ring gap specs, and I see that the top ring is spec'd for .0079" - .0098" gap? That's tighter than an S52, on an engine with more power, a bigger bore, and a turbo?

                Is this some kind of bandaid to pass emissions on an engine from the early '90s at the expense of longevity?
                Well... I'm sure you've heard of LS's making 4 digit power with bottom ends that are basically stock EXCEPT the ring gaps get filed out.
                Tight ring gaps are a big risk on a boosted engine.

                Comment


                  i cracked all the pistons on an m30 because the stock gap it was 17 i think.

                  Comment


                    Spent Saturday cleaning up and organizing the garage, got a call from someone wanting to look at the KTM, fortunately I had it out and had ran it already. Boom, sold the bike, he asked for $50 lower than what I was advertising it for, Nice.
                    I do things.

                    Comment


                      https://4kpornindex.com/
                      Last edited by albrechtmyers; 02-25-2020, 04:37 AM.

                      Comment


                        ^ Welcome to r3v!

                        Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

                        Well... I'm sure you've heard of LS's making 4 digit power with bottom ends that are basically stock EXCEPT the ring gaps get filed out.
                        Tight ring gaps are a big risk on a boosted engine.
                        Yeah it seems pretty fucked. They eventually backed the gap off to something like 0.015" minimum in 2012 iirc, but even that seems a little on the small side. Not sure what they were trying to do that made them go with a gap so tight in the first place.

                        After I left my subaru buddy's house last night, he got the heads off and sent me pics. One cam bearing journal had a lot of localized black carbon residue in the oil, and I'm wondering what the chance is that the head is cracked vs it just being a head gasket problem.
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

                        Comment


                          ^ also some hilarious other tidbits:

                          Turbo oil return hose was cracked all the way around in two places and was the source of the oil pissing out the back of the engine.
                          The leaking uppipe flange was leaking because it was double gasketed...
                          Flywheel looks like it was resurfaced with an axe
                          Has an "Exedy Stage 1 Racing Clutch" just like the sticker we made fun of on my parts car e36
                          Ebay TD04 turbo, has a little thrust play but no radial, may use that as an excuse for something slightly larger
                          First valve cover bolt that he removed took a piece of the valve cover with it
                          Has some aftermarket oil pickup and pan baffle from "Killer Bee" which apparently exists because the stock pickup likes to snap off.
                          Last edited by Northern; 02-17-2020, 07:01 AM.
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

                          Comment


                            the thought crossed my mind that we should have a "gearhead nonsense" thread because that is unfortunately pretty much all that gets posted here anymore. then it occurred to me to me that since this is the only content here anymore, there would be nothing to read in the regular nonsense thread.


                            i think i am going to go paint my ceiling beige.......yawn.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

                            88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by albrechtmyers View Post
                              hi everybody,
                              decided to join your community
                              I'm a little excited because everything here is very well organized
                              Willkommen
                              I do things.

                              Comment


                                we all are gear heads though anyway?

                                also, the intake valves on my m30 has this nasty gunk on them idk what it could be except #2

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X