No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't stand Neil, even as much as I like science. Not sure why, but just annoying to me.

As far as the discussion being silly, not sure about that one. Doubt anyone participating believe the Sun will go SN, but thought experiments are fun. I heard there once was a famous physicist in Germany that used thought experiments to come up with some kind of theory, ultimately resulting in a fission bomb - many people believed he was just a silly daydreamer.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

The Moon is 240k miles from earth and it took the Apollo 3 days to get there traveling 24k mph
      If they LS swapped that thing, they would have been to the space rock in a much short time of course.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        I can't stand Neil, even as much as I like science. Not sure why, but just annoying to me.

As far as the discussion being silly, not sure about that one. Doubt anyone participating believe the Sun will go SN, but thought experiments are fun. I heard there once was a famous physicist in Germany that used thought experiments to come up with some kind of theory, ultimately resulting in a fission bomb - many people believed he was just a silly daydreamer.
        Well, it seemed that we might be veering far to far in to nonsense, but that's okay. Undoubtedly there is some combination of orbits, solar density, and solar phase that would allow for a nova within a habitable system for some sort of life. The next part is really the question, what would that species do to survive?

I suspect that with the maybe million or so years worth of notice they would either leave, or come up with some way to live beneath the surface. However, with solar change on that scale it's hard to predict what would actually happen to the planet within 100 years of a surviveable nova, so I wouldn't pick option two if I had any choice. But if you could survive for a few M/B years there is a chance that the planet might be habitable once again.

Of course science fiction has covered this what if in a bunch of neat ways, so, for surviving a nova as a thought experiment, sure, as a reality, I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

... for surviving a nova as a thought experiment, sure, as a reality, I don't think so.

A majority of the younger populous can't find their way home without a smart phone, imagine if even a large enough EMP hit to wipe out the infrastructure. Some young adults have trouble even shopping for groceries for themselves, could you see them growing/hunting food? lol
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
            If something was large enough to blow apart the sun I'd imagine the radiation it emitted would blast all of our DNA to smithereens.
            StarKiller Base

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

If they LS swapped that thing, they would have been to the space rock in a much short time of course.
            And made the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs

Comment

i think the LORD would decide when and how the sun would explode not "science"

Comment

also imo when the lord calls us to his kingdom by then the devils left behind will figure out of way to turn rocks into fuel and put these engines
                all around this disc we call earth and make it into a ship.

Comment

Damn, someone managed to break in my house through the front door and stole all my camera equipment and a bunch of other electronics and items from my housemates. I guess luckily, it became very easy to convince the homeowner to buy security cameras and get a better front door.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    also imo when the lord calls us to his kingdom by then the devils left behind will figure out of way to turn rocks into fuel and put these engines
                    all around this disc we call earth and make it into a ship.
                    If its a sin to LS swap the earth I dont wanna go to heaven
                    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                      Damn, someone managed to break in my house through the front door and stole all my camera equipment and a bunch of other electronics and items from my housemates. I guess luckily, it became very easy to convince the homeowner to buy security cameras and get a better front door.
                      Bummer, but no matter what security measures are implemented you simply cannot stop anyone determined to break in. It's even more of a security nightmare when it's a multi person rental. Hope you had renters insurance or something to cover your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalashnikov47

I wish blowing dudes was a general practice and I could forget about my assignments. What a curse to have such many tools and be afraid of using them openly!
                        well, what do you learn if you pay someone to write your paper for you? in a way its kind of like just buying your degree. it sucks but you will be the better person for it.

we have a pretty fast internet connection at the house. however, every time i try to navigate a page on r3v, there is always an 8 to 10 second delay. super annoying. anyone else have this problem?
                        Last edited by 2mAn; 03-02-2020, 09:11 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

It takes like zero time to pump out a halfassed paper.
                          Last summer, I decided to see how shitty I could push my co-op work term reports as they're pass/fail (with chance to resubmit) and have an unrealistically strict rubric.
                          By pumping out a paper that was 1/5 of the minimum allowed word count, I learned that it truly does not matter what kind of hot trash you submit, as long as they can check the box.
                          Electives were pretty much the same story.

In conclusion, fuck paying someone to write a paper for me.
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            we have a pretty fast internet connection at the house. however, every time i try to navigate a page on r3v, there is always an 8 to 10 second delay. super annoying. anyone else have this problem?
                            Yeah I get that sometimes. Also it will occasionally refuse to change pages.

Comment

sup
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Appropriate edit, thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X