No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No rebuild, its a "low-mileage" JDM motor. Wont quote mileage but every nook and cranny Ive peaked into shows that it really is. Not much crudge anywhere. Shame the idiots at BAR wont allow a JDM motor to be BAR legal otherwise I would've really pursued that path.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

To those who are still working from home, what are some random things you have added to your daily routine?
      Wife has been working from home since her job change in march, and I've been doing it since mid march with the exception of may-mid june when I wasn't working.
      I'll bring my work laptop downstairs in the mornings and have coffee next to her and we'll make a late breakfast together. Afternoons I go upstairs to my office.
      Work is slow as hell, it's really impossible to do this/be productive from home. Wouldn't want to do it long term.

We were talking the dog for more regular walks morning/evening, and there's a paved trail that follows an old rail line that we were walking or biking in the evenings, but we've kind of fallen out of that and we're starting to realize we need to start again.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

If any of you guys need -an type fittings, got an awesome tier acct at Finishline Factory, and can give solid discounts to my friends :)

john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          If any of you guys need -an type fittings, got an awesome tier acct at Finishline Factory, and can give solid discounts to my friends :)

Kershaw so he doesn't burn down another red E30.

Comment

Finally got the e30 done, but I gotta redo the pan gasket... sigh.... cork is so temperamental. I knew I should have got the paper one lol.

good thing I ordered two when I got mine... ...anticipating the noob mistake.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
              Finally got the e30 done, but I gotta redo the pan gasket... sigh.... cork is so temperamental. I knew I should have got the paper one lol.

How about that Ranger swap?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

How about that Ranger swap?
                The motor is coming together nicely.

got the heads back a few weeks ago and now I'm just waiting for the new cam intake and carb

Went with dual valve springs and solid lifters, so I should be able to r3v this thing out way past 6.5k

Now that the e30 is pretty much done I can get rolling on this swap.

I'm more excited for the ranger than the e30 at this point.

The ranger is going to be the fastest vehicle I've ever owned lol
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Woo! Picked up a 300 powered MT short bed, RWD, regular cab 95 F150 a few weeks ago, it's surprisingly decent, has changed my preconceptions about the 300 and now I think it may be the better choice over the 302 for a stock truck.

0-60 in 12.3 though, so it's a cruiser, and it can't do a burnout for the axle hop with new tires all around, but I can live with that for now. At least I'm relearning how to threshold brake since some kind soul completely bypassed the ABS system.

Comment

Instead of using my savings for a down payment on a home, I’m going to purchase an e30 M3 this week. Probably a dumb idea, but I’d like to own my dream car while I’m young (29).
                    sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                    1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                    1991 318is - Sold
                    1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by ButtJuice View Post
                      Instead of using my savings for a down payment on a home, I’m going to purchase an e30 M3 this week. Probably a dumb idea, but I’d like to own my dream car while I’m young (29).
                      You know what they say, you can live in your car, but you can't drive your house.

Comment

I dunno. The way the economy is looking due to this corona crap things may be headed for a fairly severe recession. The housing market will be a buyer's market in such a scenario, and M3 prices will go down sharply. That would leave you having paid bubble price when the market correction may be just around the corner.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

I refuse to use gaskets on the oil pans, never fails they leak. Elestomeric sealer is the best for it - I even was changing e46 pan gaskets when they were fresh out of warranty, don't trust those rubber ones, either. Hondabond or The Right Stuff is what I use.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

Ugh. 8mmx13mm fuel pressure hose is sold out all over the place, WorldPac has been out for a while now. Must be some kind of shortage, even online vendors are showing out of stock. Sucks, I use it by the roll, and am stuck buying 1m pieces for a huge mark up. :(
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

I just used some Hondabond type stuff on the MR2 oil pan. Seems like I did it right lol ... we'll see
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                I just used some Hondabond type stuff on the MR2 oil pan. Seems like I did it right lol ... we'll see
                                I built a forged Hyundai Gen Coupe 4cyl motor a while back - want to say it was 2011 and the owner totally blew the warranty with mods. Hyundai had some kind of similar product, almost ZERO gaskets of any sort on the entire engine. Who knows how many miles are on that thing by this point, but it never leaked using The Right Stuff. The elastomeric type sealants are superior to silicone of any kind. Instructions right on the back of TRS says "assemble and put back in service immediately", unlike silicone that will seep if not completely set/dry before being touched with oil.
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X