Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melon View Post
    Yeah the ZHP is becoming a great #2 car behind the E46 M3.
    I don't blame people the ZHP is a great car, plenty of power, great fun to drive.
    Remember when E46 M3's where 7k for a driver now there 15k, story of my life.
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

I just picked up an 05 Avalanche!

Double extra credit lol

I did a head job on it and a laundry list of other things over the past few years for my client and his wife made him sell it -ha!

Works out perfectly, since I was looking into getting a SUV and this is basically a confused truck/suv thing
      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
        I just picked up an 05 Avalanche!

Double extra credit lol

I did a head job on it and a laundry list of other things over the past few years for my client and his wife made him sell it -ha!

Works out perfectly, since I was looking into getting a SUV and this is basically a confused truck/suv thing
        Very nice, great generation of chevy trucks. I have over 300k on a 04 suburban z71. I remember riding in the bed of one when i was a kid and it has that weird bed liner for a atv or something.
        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post

Very nice, great generation of chevy trucks. I have over 300k on a 04 suburban z71. I remember riding in the bed of one when i was a kid and it has that weird bed liner for a atv or something.
          Agree, great gen of trucks, just not so much in cheap feeling Avalanche form, but I suspect that's why it was presumably a cheap purchase. Maybe if it has the 8.1 it's existence could be forgiven, but in 5.3 the meh is strong.

Now, strangely, if it were a GMC version of the GMT800 with a regular cab/8ft/4.3/MT combo I'd be excited since that is just about a perfect everyday truck.

Comment

It's got four doors, leather interior, comfy seats, a/c and a v8

good enough to take the dogs to the beach and haul a tow-behind generator out to the desert
            Q

Comment

It's got four doors, leather interior, comfy seats, a/c and a v8

good enough to take the dogs to the beach and haul a tow-behind generator out to the desert
              Fair, sounds like it will replace your Ranger, and probably gets similar MPG.

I did that shifter rebuild/seal kit you suggested for the F150, and it was quite worthwhile since the lower bushing was eaten by the trans long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Fair, sounds like it will replace your Ranger, and probably gets similar MPG.

I did that shifter rebuild/seal kit you suggested for the F150, and it was quite worthwhile since the lower bushing was eaten by the trans long ago.
                Yeah, probably will end up around the same MPG

As for the Ranger, I'll be keeping it for the foreseeable future, that's going off to paint once I get the avalanche registered sometime this week.

The Avalanche will be good, because I have literally no desire to do anything to it outside of maintenance and it give me something to drive while the E30, Ranger and 500SL get wrapped up. Its got clean paint, a nice interior and for 2k I can drive that around for a year and probably sell that for around 7k. I'll probably sell when the Merc is finished

The shifter bushing is def a must. It's cheap and easy.

I actually got the ranger on the rack right now. Finally got around to replacing those leaky rubber plugs that shit right behind the shifter.

Finally leak free..

Id be surprised if yours weren't. Dorman makes the cylinder head plug that replaced the NLA rubber plug that came from the factory
                Q

Comment

Hi Guys, Im "back to work" ... of course that only really means Im sitting at my work-from-home desk typing nonsense on a keyboard instead of sitting on the couch typing nonsense on an ipad. Still trying to adjust waking up to an alarm instead of a baby.

I have to say Im tempted to get a truck also, but Im also tempted to just lift the Wagon and satisfy those feels... I mean, come on... that would be dope.
                  Last edited by 2mAn; 04-06-2021, 08:27 AM.
                  Simon
                  Current Car:
                  -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
                  -2002 MR2 Spyder, the solo-mobile

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

That would be cool, BUT I think you would thoroughly enjoy a small truck from the 80s or 90s

Q

Comment

That would be cool, BUT I think you would thoroughly enjoy a small truck from the 80s or 90s
                      You mean he would LUV a "truck," right?

Comment

Im really trying to avoid any smog headaches going forward... after these last two post 2000 car nightmares I had, the thought of dealing with an 80s/90s car is just downright terrifying. Unless it started life as a Diesel and is smog exempt its not happening. There are some things that might happen soon with my pairing of cars and then, who knows what I will do... part of me wants to take the mid-engine madness to the next level with a completed car and see how long I can fly under the radar. Another part of me wants to just stay pre75 and get something cool. Theres a project that I was helping with that has been really stalling and I would love to finish that one off

Two cars on the hamster wheel right now are....

https://offerup.com/item/detail/993237503/

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-mg-mgb-gt-18/
                        Last edited by 2mAn; 04-06-2021, 12:46 PM.
                        Simon
                        Current Car:

Comment

Despite this being an e30 forum, I think the MGB would be more fun to get. It seems like there would be a lot of directions you could still take that one as opposed to the off road e30.

Actually, why not both???

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Why not take up golf and enjoy the services of a Caddy?

Or even deliver your work paperwork via Courier?

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                              Despite this being an e30 forum, I think the MGB would be more fun to get. It seems like there would be a lot of directions you could still take that one as opposed to the off road e30.

Actually, why not both???
                              They both present many challenges that I dont want to deal with actually. I drove an MGB a little while ago and was totally underwhelmed with the powerplant. Ive always wanted to build a V8 for the MG, but that would put the racecar into an uncompetitive group and being a racecar I cant really drive it on the street, so thats out...

The E30 would have the typical smog nightmares I was referencing earlier...

Theres a few others on the list, but Im not doing anything right now... besides dreaming
                              Simon
                              Current Car:

Comment

I feel that. Who knew dreaming on Bring a Trailer would get me depressed about my lack of money. That place is a blessing and a curse.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                                X