Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dude that's so sick..

Best looking gen, in the best color.

Congrats, that's a rad daily and car in general.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

So with gas going nuts, I'm reconsidering keeping my outback, might sell it for a Tesla or something.

Big question I have is: why are there so many of them for sale (even here, in the anti-electric car boonies)?
      Are they that bad? Are people buying them for the incentive and flipping them after a few months or a year?
      I know build quality is bad, but is it that bad?
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
        So with gas going nuts, I'm reconsidering keeping my outback, might sell it for a Tesla or something.

Big question I have is: why are there so many of them for sale (even here, in the anti-electric car boonies)?
        Are they that bad? Are people buying them for the incentive and flipping them after a few months or a year?
        Quality control is sh!t.

Buy an i3. we'll start the r3volution
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
          New daily:
          You're not worried about DD-ing such a clean car that's would be so difficult to replace?

I hope you have full coverage on it!
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

You're not worried about DD-ing such a clean car that's would be so difficult to replace?

I hope you have full coverage on it!
            I mean not terribly so, I'm not going to ever leave it alone overnight or somewhere sketch. I have a really short commute <5 miles. Yep, full coverage now, and probably going to get Hagerty replacement for much much more, already got some quotes from them. I can put the value more than 3x what I paid for it. ALL of the security measures, etc are active. It's safe and sound and hidden at home, and in a reserved spot under a cover at work that I can see from my window.

I figure being somewhat smart and with an agreed upon price via Hagerty although a higher insurance premium, if something happens to it, then I'll be able to replace it with something boring but much newer/safer as a daily - probably a hybrid. A hybrid is actually which is what I was going to get, but a friend told me he was gonna sell this, and he knew I wanted it. Timing wise, too perfect to pass up since I just sold the Type R. Next up is getting into another E30, so between the Si and my Luxobarge - daily and other means of travel is covered - plus my wife's newer civic. If I can get the E30 to exactly what I want, I may sell this back to my friend (agreement was he'd buy it back if I ever sold it.) I'm fortunate enough to be able to have multiple cars right now. I don't think this is a forever car (LX is, and next E30 is) but I'm glad I can enjoy it for now. So much nostalgia.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Quality control is sh!t.

Last edited by DEV0 E30; 03-05-2022, 01:35 PM.
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I'll bet if you ran the numbers the finances of that just don't work out with the absurd market, so it probably isn't a sound justification for that move. "I want something less slow than an outback" is probably better

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

New daily:

[pics snipped]
                Too busy shitposting about model 3s to notice your post, whoops.
                That looks really nice, congrats!

Comment

Quality control is sh!t.

I thought about this because there's a used i3 with range extender but I don't think it fits my use case. Also it's still $36k before fees/taxes lol
                  I basically want to replace my outback because the 3.6 is thirsty. Needs to be similar size and be good for a ~530km drive to the wife's parents.
                  Basically I'm asking a hell of a lot for my theoretical budget.

I think the replacement for my outback will be electric, but probably not for a few years when there's more selection. Otherwise I'm probably going to end up with something purely utilitarian like a Kona

Comment

I do want an I3, and I try and sell people on it. But the surviverness inside of me wont let me do it to myself. Even with R3X

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      I came to the rescue. I hate FB r3v retards and FB r3v in general.
                      Thanks for back up, but were just doomed in general.. Have to check out some of your EDM stuff.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Too busy shitposting about model 3s to notice your post, whoops.
                        That looks really nice, congrats!
                        Thank you! It fills the space for now, cheap, gives the fizz.

For a daily I was really considering a Lexus ct200h (better interior'd fancy Prius) or something similar before this fell into my lap. I started thinking though with the used market insanity, the 9k ct200hs were now 15-18k. You can find them cheaper but it's harder. Then I started considering electric again, but entry level like an eGolf. But I could hit the max if I used it for really anything more than my commute. That means I'd have an expensive (IMO) vehicle that isn't used but for a very small percentage of my actual driving. So similar to you, an expensive vehicle that I don't enjoy driving doesn't makes a lot of sense.

With having my gas guzzler SUV, and my absolute need to get into another E30, I figured it was time to also have a super cheap daily that gives the fizz still. If I can work from home in the next house (two offices) then I probably could have just the E30 and the SUV for my vehicles. Family vehicle/wife will likely be getting a hybrid crossover (Rav4 or similar) when it's necessary. I'm not opposed to electric but the cost to benefit ratio isn't there for me yet. With Tesla used prices surging, the idea once upon a time of a used Tesla Model S isn't really worth it either to me. Daily after the EM1 will probably be boring, but not yet, not yet - I'm also not trying to acquire an entire shitbox fleet but it appears to have happened. When Ford Maverick prices level out after they've been on the market for a few years that may also be an idea, I know someone with one on order so I'll definitely be checking that out. 40mpg hybrid small truck would be pretty great.
                        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I mean not terribly so, I'm not going to ever leave it alone overnight or somewhere sketch. I have a really short commute <5 miles. Yep, full coverage now, and probably going to get Hagerty replacement for much much more, already got some quotes from them. I can put the value more than 3x what I paid for it. ALL of the security measures, etc are active. It's safe and sound and hidden at home, and in a reserved spot under a cover at work that I can see from my window.

I figure being somewhat smart and with an agreed upon price via Hagerty although a higher insurance premium, if something happens to it, then I'll be able to replace it with something boring but much newer/safer as a daily - probably a hybrid. A hybrid is actually which is what I was going to get, but a friend told me he was gonna sell this, and he knew I wanted it. Timing wise, too perfect to pass up since I just sold the Type R. Next up is getting into another E30, so between the Si and my Luxobarge - daily and other means of travel is covered - plus my wife's newer civic. If I can get the E30 to exactly what I want, I may sell this back to my friend (agreement was he'd buy it back if I ever sold it.) I'm fortunate enough to be able to have multiple cars right now. I don't think this is a forever car (LX is, and next E30 is) but I'm glad I can enjoy it for now. So much nostalgia.
                          That's pretty smart. I've been meaning to look into Hagerty for the e30. I currently have comprehensive for it, and will probably get collector's insurance once I move and get a new garage.

sigpic
                          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Sup
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Sup
                              nm sup

When are you going for some alpha/i3 drives? I wanna go for some drivess
                              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Sup
                                first week back fully in-person. It sure felt a lot longer than a week though...

Comment

Working...
                                X