Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one is the father!?

Funny, I was talking to my buddies yesterday about out house plants and then saw this lol.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

No father, it's a clone.

Same kinda happened to me. The wife and I were wondering how to clone orchids, went out to the patio and saw we already had one. We have about 15 orchids. One hangs on the side of the house and is about 5' tall from flower to root tips, and generally has 4 stems.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Hope the Dads had a nice Fathers Day. I saw a dilapidated Lotus Elise and got to turn around and check it out without complaints from the wife. Lets see how she feels if they actually contact me and we find some agreement on what that Elise is worth
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I've always been a big fan of the Elise/Exige, but I'm told I wouldn't fit.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
            I've always been a big fan of the Elise/Exige, but I'm told I wouldn't fit.
            I think getting in and out is the challenge, but once you're in ... I dunno. I know I can fit
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Meta
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Someone actually had that made, right?
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

They absolutely did and ran it for years. Owner is in that FB thread, says it's proudly displayed in his garage now.

Comment

Blunt paid him to run it haha.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

back in the good ol days...

I hope everyone going to the picnic goes up to Mr Criv and thanks him for all his hard work but then tell him R3V is dying...

is anyone on here actually going to the picnic?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        Blunt paid him to run it haha.
                        Indeed he did.

And Simon - I'd like to, but this isn't the year.

End Goal - I'd like to get the touring where I want it then take a week long trip or more up the Pacific Coast Highway, arriving just before the picnic. With actual stops and not 15-18 hour stints of non-stop driving aside from food/gas.

I've done so many Bimmerfest and other trips in the past when I was much younger that were Cannonball-run-esque that I wouldn't find as enjoyable now. I'd like to have a bit more time and planning, maybe even a Caravan of a few cars to enjoy the sights along the trip, more about the journey instead of getting to destinations in record time.

Comment

Either way you do it, it’ll probably will have you looking for more.
                          Last edited by moatilliatta; 06-25-2022, 04:32 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Was in Seattle the week before the picnic and couldn't extend the trip long enough to stick around for it. And I was in r3v's new preferred vehicle to attend... my truck!

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I just got back from a two-week trip to the Picnic. 3 days to go up (from Los Angeles), then stay with my dad for 4 days in Washington, and then take it slower back down. Plus we took the 101/1 for most of the way. It was a pretty good trip, aside from my gf wanting to take her sweet time getting up every morning.

Most of the places we visited were for the first time. Portland, which is advertised as being weird, wasn't all that weird to me. We did a haunted tour (like 9 stops of a tour guide telling us stories) which was enjoyable. Learned about the Shanghai Tunnels, and I wish we could have gone down into one of them.

The E30 Picnic was.. a little smaller than I expected. Good spread of cars though! I wish I talked to more people but I feel like I wasted too much time taking pictures. I did at least talk to the dude who runs it... forgot his name. Man I'm bad at names. Was it James?

My car with its new engine did fairly well. Needs some more work- needs a lower ratio diff, a quieter muffler, and functional AC. The engine had a misfire (on the morning of the picnic, great timing) so I made a detour to the nearest hardware store, Lowes, to buy a ratchet and sockets... because I left my tools at my dad's house... only to find nothing obviously wrong with the car. I swapped the coils once I learned the engine gave me a code for P0302. Once I swapped them, the car ran fine. Lol. A few days and a few hundred miles later, I'm getting a studdering feeling from the engine again, and then a P0304 code-- I moved the coil from 2 to 4, and now cylinder 4 is misfiring. Nice! Went to the auto store and got a new coil.

The engine still has the issue of "running hot", but it was manageable.

I think the best part of the trip was staying on a boat. We found this listing on AirBnb in Eureka CA and the owner offered to give the tenets a sailing lesson. I had never been sailing, so yeah, that was a cool experience. And then spent the night on the boat! The funniest part was how much the guy stressed, "only pee goes in the toilet. Nothing else!" If you had to poo, you had to go ashore in the marina to use the facilities there.

Long story short, that's a drive that is worth taking the long way. I was so tired of driving that much, that all the stops were welcome. Two weeks wasn't enough.
                              Last edited by Chilezen; 07-06-2022, 01:18 PM.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                                Long story short, that's a drive that is worth taking the long way. I was so tired of driving that much, that all the stops were welcome. Two weeks wasn't enough.
                                Nice trip. Did something similar but in a much shorter fashion last year. Going from Bozeman Montana to Seattle then down to Multnomah Falls east of Portland and then back to the coast to hit a handful of towns to end in Eureka. Maybe over five or six days of traveling. Never having done anything in Oregon a lot of it was new for me too.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                                X