• Show
Clear All

Let James know when you see him at the Picnic
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Heard some rumbles about the CCA taking over organization of the Picnic this year. Not really sure what changes with that, maybe people were upset with higher registration prices? Thought I would make it this year, but the oil leaks think different.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
        Thought I would make it this year, but the oil leaks think different.
        Well, you'll just have to buy a touring and road trip it across country.

Comment

The big bike gave birth to a little bike.

Looking into an F800/850/900 next.

#gottacatchemallpokemon

BMW G310GS by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Heard some rumbles about the CCA taking over organization of the Picnic this year. Not really sure what changes with that, maybe people were upset with higher registration prices?
            The E30 Chapter of BMW CCA has been slowly positioning to take over, but its James and a few other R3V members anyways, so it shouldn't be too different other than having some more official support.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Yes. This!​
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Alternatively, you cross country trip it so the east coaster can attend a west coast event. I'll take over and you fly back.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Alternatively, you cross country trip it so the east coaster can attend a west coast event. I'll take over and you fly back.
                It would be incredibly irresponsible of me to do that from a work perspective, so of course I'd be interested!

Comment

Is it all going to sh!t or is it just me getting grumpier in my old age? Been one issue after another lately...
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Is it all going to sh!t or is it just me getting grumpier in my old age? Been one issue after another lately...
                    Get off your own lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      I literally cannot buy a single thing without encountering multiple issues.
                      I can't use a phone or computer these days without some dumb shit happening.

I vote it's all going to shit.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Seems like it’s been this way for a while..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0751.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	10123807

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                          I vote it's all going to shit.
                          Why would you vote for it all to go to shit?!?!
                          sigpic
                          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

Why would you vote for it all to go to shit?!?!
                            I think I'm a realist for the most part, just a reluctant one.

Like since my last post, I've been clearing out a lot of junk from my back yard, basement, garage, etc. Enough to fill about half a dumpster.
                            Local company has 3500lb rated 'dumpster bags' for like 1/2 the cost of a dumpster rental/disposal. We used them before when I demoed the old kitchen and it basically held an entire kitchen and some car junk.

I filled this bag last weekend, and my wife had been in contact with the company leading up to this, no issues.
                            As soon as we call for pickup, it's radio silence. Bag has been sitting there all week, blocking my driveway.

I also made the tragic mistake of ordering something from ECS... I tried to cancel the order the next morning, but received an automated reply about long customer service backlogs...

10 days later, still no response. They did manage to generate a shipping label and ship it during that time.
                            Now I'm in a dance with FedEx, who robo-called me to demand a $35 brokerage fee payment, and has been repeatedly attempting to deliver it while I'm having my wife refuse the package over and over. There's apparently no support available - their online/phone customer service line is just a robot that gives canned answers and eventually hangs up.

I know there's a metric fuckton of ECS hate out there, and I try to stay neutral, but man it is definitely deserved.
                            There's like one dude on NorthAmericanMotoring that manages ECS's official account there, and while his main purpose seems to be to push people toward ECS, he is generally quite helpful, and is genuinely the only good part of the entire company.

Comment

Not sure why people keep going to ECS when you can date their evil twin that is slightly hotter, Turner.

Turner has high priority at ECS's warehouse how I understand, and get the same product if you call them it its not listed.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Last time I needed something from them I did do that, not sure why I didn't this time. I guess I forgot. Got a turner beanie with that order also lol.

This time I realized I realized rockauto does the same thing with the R56 as the e30 - some stuff is only listed under '88 for the e30 (or '13 for the R56). Anyway the same part was less than half the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X