No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing as exciting as Desert Narcos, but I had my site visit with my garage contractor this morning and he didn't seem phased by anything I want to do, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

Power might be an issue since there's no line of sight to any poles on my street, but my backup plan is to just run power from a 60A sub panel in my basement workshop, and overspec the new stuff so I can bump it to 100A later if needed.

Excited to finally have somewhere to work on all my automotive junk - hopefully finished by end of summer.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

How does having a car hoist on your 110v power work, do people make motors to suit the low voltage (but higher current) or is it mandatory to go 3 phase or 240v?
      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
        How does having a car hoist on your 110v power work, do people make motors to suit the low voltage (but higher current) or is it mandatory to go 3 phase or 240v?
        You can run a hydraulic pump off 110.

It's just going to take a lot longer to lift the car.
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Damn drift tax is making the search for an unmolested e36 impossible
          My Feedback

Comment

They've been impossible to find for a while.

E36 M3s are easy to find if you have the money. Mine will be for sale relatively shortly, completely unmolested, low miles, with a ton of recent work... but will not be cheap. I need the money to finish the E30 build.

Edit: Mine will not be for sale. Drove it again. Remembered why I've owned it eight years.
            Last edited by SOneThreeCoupe; 03-18-2023, 10:38 AM.
            1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by SOneThreeCoupe View Post
              They've been impossible to find for a while.

E36 M3s are easy to find if you have the money. Mine will be for sale relatively shortly, completely unmolested, low miles, with a ton of recent work... but will not be cheap. I need the money to finish the E30 build.

Edit: Mine will not be for sale. Drove it again. Remembered why I've owned it eight years.
              e36s are so awesome. I support not selling it. It's gonna be one of those situations where you'd sell it, want one again, then realize that you're not willing to spend what it costs to get back into it. Similar to what happened to e30s.

I regret selling my 328is for almost nothing. It had 100k on it and I bought it from the original owner. Great daily.
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

e36s are so awesome. I support not selling it. It's gonna be one of those situations where you'd sell it, want one again, then realize that you're not willing to spend what it costs to get back into it. Similar to what happened to e30s.

I regret selling my 328is for almost nothing. It had 100k on it and I bought it from the original owner. Great daily.
                Amen.
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Sup
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Sup
                    doing an a/c service on my e30 cuz its hot and the e39 is broken :c

The rear shock mount took a shit.. I replaced it with an oem one when I lowered it, so it was pretty much new.. replaced it last week and I didn't even make it home before the rubber shot out again lol..

It has struts in the rear so, its not as simple as the e30 to change..

How's the alfa/z3/secret car going?

Comment

How's the alfa/z3/secret car going?
                      Kevan is making great progress on the Alfa, Z3 has arrived in OC ... and yea lol

Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Secret car? Does it have an engine in an unconventional location?
                        1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by SOneThreeCoupe View Post
                          Secret car? Does it have an engine in an unconventional location?
                          Maybe it doesn't even have an engine :o

Comment

Maybe it doesn't even have an engine :o
                            Maybe it doesn't even have four wheels.

Comment

It’s not even a car! It’s a pile of random parts and a dream

edit: y’all want to donate to the cause
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                It’s not even a car! It’s a pile of random parts and a dream

edit: y’all want to donate to the cause
                                I would argue that it should be an E30 now that prices are returning to somewhat more sane levels. In which case I would happily contribute parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X