No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone watching the goodwood festival of speed this weekend? Seeing this live is on my bucket list
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

No but so far today, Ive watched the majority of two soccer games and now working on the Yankees games.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Anyone watching the goodwood festival of speed this weekend? Seeing this live is on my bucket list
        I've got my own good wood festival going on at the house this weekend, you're welcome to stop by.

--Mike
        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by SubDad View Post
          Rant mode On.
          It's a car, the less things you have to carry in it, the better. I have a studio for listening to vinyl and CD's and I can fit a large collection of that music on one small usb drive. Convenience is king.
          Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 09-12-2015, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
            I can fit a large collection of that music on one small usb drive. Convenience is king.
            Yeah, true enough. If it was on CDs,to carry all the music that my children have on their iThings we'd have to have a trailer.

I'd like to announce that I have found a fast way to fix the 'once" and "normal' wiper speeds of an E30. Changing relays and checking grounds didn't help, but driving in heavy rain this morning I hit a large pothole and the wipers started behaving. I think the impact surprised some connection somewhere into connecting.

Comment

So my dad took me to a parking lot to practice driving today.

I only stalled once when I was in reverse because it's very different to reversing an automatic, and I have to get used to it. Otherwise, I was told that I need to get used to first gear a bit more and work on my shifting, but I'm good enough to practice alone in my neighborhood. Sucks that the tach isn't working, though. I even drove us home without fucking up.

And I've only driven for like three hours. I'm pretty proud of myself.
              "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
              The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
                So my dad took me to a parking lot to practice driving today.

I only stalled once when I was in reverse because it's very different to reversing an automatic, and I have to get used to it. Otherwise, I was told that I need to get used to first gear a bit more and work on my shifting, but I'm good enough to practice alone in my neighborhood. Sucks that the tach isn't working, though. I even drove us home without fucking up.

And I've only driven for like three hours. I'm pretty proud of myself.
                Hey thats not too bad. When I was learning, I remember going with my mom to the same parking lot like 3 different days, for about 20 minutes each time.... Each day I got better and better. The first day, you literally can't move the car. Stall stall stall. Second day you play with the engagement point of the clutch, then third day you do a little more with the throttle and hopefully start feeling it out. Once I figured out how to get the car moving I would go and practice on my own (because my mom was on edge with me destroying the clutch.... Well, not really ;)) It took me a while, but once you get it, you got it. It's like riding a 2 wheel bike. Once you figure it out, you'll never fall or have trouble again.

Keep it up, keep practicing.

Then once you get used to it and its like second nature, you'll never look at an automatic the same again. I was picking up a clients car for a detailing, and it was an automatic... It was freaky, slamming my left foot into the carpet looking for a pedal that wasn't there hahahaha

Oh, and you can sit with us at the cool table now BTW

--Mike
                (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

know what I fucking hate? When some irresponsible kid has a nice car, especially some clean "vintage" car, and then they go and drive like a fucking idiot. They inevitably crash the car, but miraculously walk away unhurt, but then they're like, "My -such and such car- sacrificed its life to save mine..."

No, a car does not "sacrifice" itself for you. You were driving like a fucking idiot and you just totaled a nice car and you should feel nothing but shame. If you were at a standstill and somebody T-bones you, but you walk away unscathed, then you're allowed to thank the engineers that built the car.
                  My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                    know what I fucking hate? When some irresponsible kid has a nice car, especially some clean "vintage" car, and then they go and drive like a fucking idiot. They inevitably crash the car, but miraculously walk away unhurt, but then they're like, "My -such and such car- sacrificed its life to save mine..."

No, a car does not "sacrifice" itself for you. You were driving like a fucking idiot and you just totaled a nice car and you should feel nothing but shame. If you were at a standstill and somebody T-bones you, but you walk away unscathed, then you're allowed to thank the engineers that built the car.
                    @nate

--Mike
                    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

I just hate people who drive like assholes, especially around other people.. I see it all the time at my high school (rich white kids with brand new mustangs/camaros/newer Bimmers).

I've almost been in multiple accidents because these assholes are making rights from left lane just because they don't want to wait to make a right, or something of that sort.

There was one last year that was great. Was on my way back from lunch in my E30 with a car buddy. We turn onto this country road that has a 30mph speed limit. Everyone speeds on this road, including myself. I do 40-45 on this road, which is an acceptable speed really. Well these 5 Indian kids in a Honda Accord go flying past me (2 way undivided road) doing probably 60-65. I just kinda blow them off as being retarded. Well the other end of the road is a stop sign, where you make a left. And as you come up to the sign, it drops down to the intersection. We crest the hill and this accord is parked up on the curb, having run into the sign. All the 5 Indian kids are standing around the car looking at it.. I pointed and laughed.
                      Originally posted by flyboyx
                      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                      Originally posted by Northern
                      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Preach!
                        No E30 Club
                        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Just got back from driving from LA to San Fran on the PCH #1

Nice drive with the GF. We had a 2015 c300 4matic. decent little 4 cyl engine with turbo that really livens things up. Tried it with regular and prem gas and noticed no noticeable difference in performance. Put 1100 miles on it in 7 days.

Overall it was a nice car, with nifty features. GF and I both agreed that an s60/Avalon would probably been preferable if not on the PCH (handling, suspension and tunable transmission shift points with a flick of a switch...very different performing characteristics which made corner carving entertaining).

Next time Im doing that drive, it'll be on a bike :D
                          Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 09-13-2015, 07:07 PM.
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

jesus jimminey christmas! depression?
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

sometimes life plays cruel little jokes on you.

i have been looking for a 3.46 lsd for about 2-3 years now. i actually found one in a junk yard about 2 years ago in a 635csi. when i pulled off the rear cover, i realized that a bolt had come loose inside and damaged the ring and pinion. about a year and a half ago, i found another one. also in a 635csi. i got to looking closely at it and it was a 3.46 but it wasn't an lsd.

today i was looking on line at lkq inventories where i work out of state. low and behold, they have an '88 535 and 2 other e30's.

so....i figure: what the fuck! i am not doing anything today, i guess i will go check it out.

turns out the '88 535 has a 3.25 lsd which is really awesome but since i am out of town, its not like i can just throw it in the back of my pickup and take it home to hoard with all my other bmw parts. i look around some more and i come across a '90 535 with an m30b35 and MANUAL TRANS!!!!! fuck! if i were in houston, i would have harvested that for sure.

i don't know why, but for the hell of it, i decided to check the rear end of this e34 and it turns out its an lsd too!!!!! holy shit! thats really rare for an e34. so....i crawl underneath and scrape off the tag to see the ratio for shits and giggles. (for those of you reading this that don't know, an e34's case is different than an e30) well...won't you just guess the ratio? yup....a mutha fucking s3.46!!!!
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Why was the car in the yard?

I'd've grabbed it and thrown the internals in an E30 case. Pretty sure the gears and clutches are same size.
                                Originally posted by flyboyx
                                how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                                Originally posted by Northern
                                beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                                Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                                Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                                '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                                Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Working...
                                X