• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually liked the movie Drive though

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      The Subaru community is the worst imo haha. Or the guys around me are at least.
      See, around here the Subie crowd is actually pretty legit. I had someone drive over 40 miles to come help me wrench when I was in a tight spot, and did it for the price of a Taco Bell #6 meal :)

They have their vapers, but mostly that's still just the Honda/VW crowd. I'm guessing it might be a little different here because people actually need the AWD to get through our winters sometimes, so it's not just a "fashion piece" or status type car.
      2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        Right now id love to be living in california. Cold as shit here and i just wanna drive my car now that its running great but looks like it might he put up for the winter
        Quoted because later you will say how much CA sucks. I think I will go drive my Roadster later... haha
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Quoted because later you will say how much CA sucks. I think I will go drive my Roadster later... haha

Only for emissions/cost of living other wise i wouldn’t.

Just rub it in why don’t ya..... making me jealous and shit.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
            See, around here the Subie crowd is actually pretty legit. I had someone drive over 40 miles to come help me wrench when I was in a tight spot, and did it for the price of a Taco Bell #6 meal :)

They have their vapers, but mostly that's still just the Honda/VW crowd. I'm guessing it might be a little different here because people actually need the AWD to get through our winters sometimes, so it's not just a "fashion piece" or status type car.
            You're right, here it's a fashion piece. You don't need awd out here in socal lol. Even when it rains, it's nothing compared to the Midwest. I was out in northern Michigan this summer and holy shit, I've never experienced a thunderstorm like that in my life lol.

Also, all the kids have new wrxs here. They don't know how to wrench and all their cars are stock, except for the straight pipes. It's hard to have a conversation about cars, when all they know is, "my car haz turbskies and boxer four." When I do see a modified wrx, its got a "static" decal on the back windshield and its got 25 degrees of negative camber. Even when I hit up some canyons, I rarely see any subies.
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              Only for emissions/cost of living other wise i wouldn’t.

Just rub it in why don’t ya..... making me jealous and shit.
              Everytime my e30 is on the dyno for a smog, my palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy, there's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Everytime my e30 is on the dyno for a smog, my palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy, there's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti

Yea none of my e30’s would pass smog out there. If i ever moved there i would keep the registered here in nebraska with my parents.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

You're right, here it's a fashion piece. You don't need awd out here in socal lol. Even when it rains, it's nothing compared to the Midwest. I was out in northern Michigan this summer and holy shit, I've never experienced a thunderstorm like that in my life lol.

Also, all the kids have new wrxs here. They don't know how to wrench and all their cars are stock, except for the straight pipes. It's hard to have a conversation about cars, when all they know is, "my car haz turbskies and boxer four." When I do see a modified wrx, its got a "static" decal on the back windshield and its got 25 degrees of negative camber. Even when I hit up some canyons, I rarely see any subies.
                  Yeah, that definitely sounds a lot different! I don't know much about the Honda crowd, but I'd say the Subaru guys and girls around here are probably the most wrench happy people we have, followed by BMW and Audi simply because we don't have nearly as many shops that are willing to work on them for a reasonable price.

Every time I think about driving through canyons I get an irrational burst of anger and jealousy for you guys that have access to that cool stuff lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
                  2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    In one group I'm in, we have posts that just disappear.

Could be that the group got flagged, could be a glitch in the matrix, try it with a PC(not a phone) and see if you get the same issue.
                    PC, sometimes the group comes back in search and then you get an error when you click it. Sometimes it just doesn't exist at all.

Can't see how BMWs are against FB ToS. Literally the most mild group ever.

We had 747 members, but I guess we were due for a reboot to remove the riffraff that have snuck in over time lol.
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

There's a lot more domestic down here in rural Kansas. There are quite a few that can be huge douchebags. I know the muscle guys and I'm cool with them though. The Scooby guys seem to be pretty cool. The worst are infiniti and hyundai guys. Every tiburon is riced as hell. AND 3g eclipses. Oh gawd... 30 minutes north is ricer city as well. Mostly just muscle douchebags around here. But, as long as you respect them, they'll respect you.
                      88 325i Cabrio
                      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                        There's a lot more domestic down here in rural Kansas. There are quite a few that can be huge douchebags. I know the muscle guys and I'm cool with them though. The Scooby guys seem to be pretty cool. The worst are infiniti and hyundai guys. Every tiburon is riced as hell. AND 3g eclipses. Oh gawd... 30 minutes north is ricer city as well. Mostly just muscle douchebags around here. But, as long as you respect them, they'll respect you.
                        Wait wait wait..............

There are Hyundai guys?
                        Originally posted by codyep3
                        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                        2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                        1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                        1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                        2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                        2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                        2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                        2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                        2010 F650gs twin
                        2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post

There are Hyundai guys?
                          I don't really know if I'd call them guys, but yeah. Every Hyundai Tiburon is riced to hell. I guess up in Salina, they have street races every weekend and it's like a ricerfest and always gets busted. I wanna go see that shit so bad lol.
                          88 325i Cabrio
                          04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                            There are Hyundai guys?
                            haha yeah.

When I had my coupe, I went to one Hyundai gathering. It was... lets say... fucking lame. It's actually pretty big out here in SoCal. A lot of guys rock gen coupes and velosters. They're more concerned about how their car looks than how it performs.

We're lucky to have a great community of people. R3v and it's members are for the most part, amazing.

I've tried to get involved in other groups and I just can't.

Comment

I had a Hyundai guy back in high school. Had a Kia guy too.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Texas, Can drive your car all year around with non of the crap of California
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X