Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agent View Post
    I've seen articles about the Pixel 2 XL having some sort of screen issue, though I don't know if it applies to the regular Pixel 2.
    the normal pixal is having some audio problems recording and hissing sounds on the phone or something?
    look it up. seems like they royally screwed up. at leas it's a turn off to people that do alittle research.

the xl has screen burn issues.
    Last edited by LowR3V'in; 11-01-2017, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Yeah it's true. Her eyes started welling up when I was in her office. That's when I knew it was time to bail. After that she called her boss into her office so they could try and come up with a plan as we are the only two in the office who keep that department going.

I would have tried to be nicer about the situation, but she was borderline abusive and bullying when I started. I took a few days off for sick leave from the stress of working with her, just to return and find out that she was docking me holidays for the time away. I approached the owner and her bosses boss for assistance and they said that if I couldn't make it work with her, I'd have to leave....plain and simple.

Last month I got them to renew my yearly gym membership, then literally 2 days ago (Oct 30th) we were all issued yearly profit share.

I don't think this could have come at a better time.
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
        Yeah it's true. Her eyes started welling up when I was in her office. That's when I knew it was time to bail. After that she called her boss into her office so they could try and come up with a plan as we are the only two in the office who keep that department going.

I would have tried to be nicer about the situation, but she was borderline abusive and bullying when I started. I took a few days off for sick leave from the stress of working with her, just to return and find out that she was docking me holidays for the time away. I approached the owner and her bosses boss for assistance and they said that if I couldn't make it work with her, I'd have to leave....plain and simple.

Last month I got them to renew my yearly gym membership, then literally 2 days ago (Oct 30th) we were all issued yearly profit share.

I don't think this could have come at a better time.
        congrats stanley. good luck with the greener pastures.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Need a change. Been at the same job for 4.5 years. Was doing simple AR crap that gets old fast. Been taking my accounting designation and finished it up last spring. Finally found a decent paying job that pays far better and my boss isn't a witch.

Pretty stoked! Been considering a new dd....but given that I probably won't be driving to work anymore (I live in the core of Vancouver BC) makes a new car seem like a waste (which it is, given that I can simply rent something when I need it).

The best feeling today was walking into my bosses office and telling her (jokingly, of course) she can "take this job and STAFF it!"
          Then I felt kinda bad 'cause she started crying and then disclosed that she was planning on taking the month of December off.
          Oh well, not like I was willing to give up a job just so she can have time off
          Is she hot?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
          (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            congrats stanley. good luck with the greener pastures.
            Lol, thanks flyboy.
            I see what you mean by "greener pastures" but to be honest, there's NO chance of advancement or even a change of title in my current position. I'm literally calling and emailing people on a daily basis to get money out of them. Most despise when I call so you can imagine how overdue I am for a change.

Oh and the additional e30 funds also help ;D

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
            Is she hot?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
            no
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

no

For some reason I keep picturing Janice from "Wanted"
              1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
              1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
              E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Good for you Stanley! I can't believe she was attempting to make you feel guilty about it lol. She sounds pretty terrible to work under

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Yeah looks like she was a micro manager, and/or like to use guilt to persuade others.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

This lady just came into the shop and asked if I were the mechanic. I said, yes, I am the mechanic.

Then she says, yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou're the mechanic

Me- Yes, I am the mechanic

her- I need an oil change

me- okay, I can do that (gave her the price)

her- so you know what you're doing

me- yes, I am the mechanic

her- are you sure (she then starts peeking around inside)

me- Yeah, I build CNC machines too, that's what that stuff is for

Then she just didn't say anything for a minute and give me an up and down look.

I'm wearing my snap-on sweater, black pants and some converse.

Me- if you don't feel comfortable, you don't have to do it here.

her- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrm, someone recommended you, but idk....

I was actually slightly offended haha

Then I told her let me know if she wants to do it and I walked away.

This has never happened to me before in my life. I guess I look like a guy who doesn't know what he's doing, or a mechanic that's not capable of doing an oil change on a 2003 e46
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

tisk tisk burgie.

on my first fight in the captain's seat was from manchester, nh to newark. i am sitting there getting the aircraft ready and the fist person to board the airplane is an old lady with a walker. she sticks her head in the cockpit and says: "i don't know if you are old enough to fly this airplane". i said: "its my first day, welcome on board!" haha.

i was surprised, but she actually took a seat.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

This has never happened to me before in my life. I guess I look like a guy who doesn't know what he's doing, or a mechanic that's not capable of doing an oil change on a 2003 e46
                        I dont know how you didnt start messing with her haha
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I hate flying, so that would freak me out! Poor old lady....

idk why, but that made me think of the lotion story and now I can't stop laughing :rofl:

also,

The lady that doubted my abilities came back and asked for the oil change, but I got two more cars, so no available hoists for you, lady!

Better luck next time :p

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            I dont know how you didnt start messing with her haha
                            I should have grabbed my 3lb hammer and walked back and been like, "ready to go!"

I think I was so preoccupied with my feelings being hurt, I forgot to take advantage of the situation
                            Last edited by MrBurgundy; 11-02-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              I should have grabbed my 3lb hammer and walked back and been like, "ready to go!"

I think I was so preoccupied with my feeling being hurt, I forgot to take advantage of the situation
                              That happens all the time. You're dumbfounded in the moment. No time to be your true self. Haha Hate when that happens.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

She's going to be here in the morning so I'll convince her you have to crack the oil pan open to get the oil out. "the new filter comes with a new pan!" "the germans used the same concept of cracking an egg open when the engineered their oil pan and oil change procedure!"

Comment

Working...
                                X