Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Or be like my cousin who would chug those things and ended up in the hospital with diabetes
    Yeah I have a friend that was like that and at some points my friend group was actually concerned about him. His liquid intake was literally monster and Dr Pepper...and he always complained that he was feeling like shit.
    89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
    I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Fuck that. My intake is water, 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day, and occasionally beer, or whiskey. Maybe I have half a soda once every month or two. It’s just so bad for you.

I’ve heard of so many people winding up in the hospital by drinking Red Bull and monster. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had them before....they kind of taste like you are drinking a sweet tart. They just scare the crap out of me.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Ever since my older bro was a teen, he was addicted to sugary drinks. He'd down huge glasses of "Good host" sweetened iced tea consecutively. By his early 20's he was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

He's now in his mid 40's and just last week was admitted into the hospital with a pancreatic attack. His diet is still horrible and with two teenage daughters, I doubt he'll be around long enough to see them get married, let alone graduate high school.
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
          Ever since my older bro was a teen, he was addicted to sugary drinks. He'd down huge glasses of "Good host" sweetened iced tea consecutively. By his early 20's he was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

He's now in his mid 40's and just last week was admitted into the hospital with a pancreatic attack. His diet is still horrible and with two teenage daughters, I doubt he'll be around long enough to see them get married, let alone graduate high school.
          Speaking of this, I’ve really cleaned up my diet over the last year or so. I have my wife to thank for this. I eat red meat about 2 or 3 times a month now. I’ve switched over to mostly chicken when I do eat meat( which I don’t love). I do love the fuck out of fried chicken but I’ve almost totally cut out fried foods. Maybe down to once or twice a month. I make it a point to eat more fruit and vegetables. Probably eating about 4x more healthy foods than before. She has me going to the gym 2x a week when I’m not out on a trip. We started doing a program called orange theory. You spend half the hour running your ass off. The second half is floor exercises that are always different. The idea I guess is that it confuses your muscles and your body gets more out of it.

I’ve taken off 15+lbs mostly from my belly. I don’t have a 6 pack yet, but I’m getting there. Getting started on the gym regimen was really really hard. It about killed me when I started. I actually had the attitude where I loathed going but my wife was persistent fortunately. I’m to the point now where my stamina has improved enough to where the running is the easiest part.

I really do feel a ton better and I sleep better too. I’ve never really had problems with shooting dooks through the hoop, so I can’t say that has changed too much.

Also in regard to your post above Stanley, my older brother is really heavy. I would guess he weighs around 350 or so. He eats a lot and just loves food. To my knowledge diabetes isn’t an issue for him, but we do have it in our family. I worry about him and hope that one day he will change as I have.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

^^^

That’s honestly what I need to do, or at least cut soda and junk like that (besides red meat). Luckily I have the metabolism and go to the gym enough where I can intake most anything and not gain weight. I know my diet isn’t healthy at all, but honestly the hardest part is dropping the stuff I’ve been eating for a long time...I like me some Tobasco cheez-its.

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

What makes red meat so bad? I come from cattle farms so we live off of steak and burgers. I don’t drink any soda just water and low sugar/calorie fruit juices and eat tons of fruit but i do have a good amount of junk food too haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                looks like i'm pregnant for real.
                lol same
                1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                  ^^^

That’s honestly what I need to do, or at least cut soda and junk like that (besides red meat). Luckily I have the metabolism and go to the gym enough where I can intake most anything and not gain weight. I know my diet isn’t healthy at all, but honestly the hardest part is dropping the stuff I’ve been eating for a long time...I like me some Tobasco cheez-its.
                  Yup, I love those too. At least you are going to the gym and working up a good sweat. I suggest improvements a little at a time. Maybe try cutting out the soda and switching to water. Reward yourself with a coke once a week or a couple times a month. Eventually at least for me, I reached a point where I didn’t miss it anymore. Whatever you do, Don’t switch to diet soda. That shit is so bad!

It would be cool to have a fund where every time you go to a restaurant and order ice water, you put the money you save into a car fund. I wonder how much money would be in there by the end of the year?
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

What makes red meat so bad? I come from cattle farms so we live off of steak and burgers. I don’t drink any soda just water and low sugar/calorie fruit juices and eat tons of fruit but i do have a good amount of junk food too haha
                    Cholesterol for one.

My wife and I watched a nutrition documentary that I believe was called something like “forks over knives”?

One of the points I took away was that they did a study of 7th day adventists. Apparently, their religion promotes a plant based diet that allows them to eat fish once a week. This study found that they live an average of 7 years longer than everyone else! Assuming this to be true, that is an absolutely incredible statistic.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

here soda prices at restuarants is anywhere from $1.5-$3.00+

I eat fairly well during the week. On the weekends is where we eat out and i eat like crap. At work we have sodas, chips, nuts, bananas, apples, more snack foods, and a water machine.

I do fairly well and drink the water. They also have Gebani(sp) yogurt that I eat as well.

For some reason, I don't loose weight. I also don't exercise...and I need to do something. I was walking outside for like 30mins 3Xs a week. Now that it's cold outside I dont do that anymore...
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Haha at the red meat hate.

Flyboy, while Forks Over Knives was a great documentary, the plant-based diet they recommend is incomplete. There was a slue of plant-based documentaries that came out, most of them basing their attack off of the meat produced in CAFO's.

CAFO meat (concentrated animal feeding operations, think cows standing knee deep in shit 24/7, eating nothing but corn) is atrocious for the human body. I do not recommend it for anyone. The bullshit that goes into getting meat onto your plate for less than 5 dollars has implications far beyond the damage that the meat does to your gut bacteria, and subsequently, the rest of your body.

Beef is an incredible food, full of myriad good things for the human body, if the meat came from an animal that lived the kind of life it was meant to live. Also, the symbiotic relationship between animal and land has tremendous rewards for nature.

Also beware of fruits. "Healthy" people touting fruits as a go-to for health are misguided. Fruit needs to be treated as a dessert.

Also keep in mind that PUF's (Poly unsaturated fats) will stay in your body for a very very long time (up to three years) and they also cause massive free radical cascades throughout your body everytime you eat them and everytime they are released from their prison in your fat cells. This is part of the reason that people feel so terrible when they initially begin losing weight/exercising.

Sugar is your true enemy. Have a soda, paired with the fact that it has virtually nothing else in it apart from the sugar, and you're setting yourself up for failure. I haven't begun to touch on the inflammation that occurs from drinking soda.

Also keep in mind that extreme cardio based exercise is also damaging to your body. More free radical cascades damaging your insides in a variety of ways, and many more we do not understand yet.

Also, the simplified form of cholesterol is also incomplete and inaccurate. We all have Ancel Keys and his activities in the 50's and 60's to thank for loads of people jumping on cholesterol reducing drugs, further damaging their health and lifestyle.

I don't have time to fully explain any of these concepts, but here are some places to turn to if you want to know the full story:

Cholesterol - Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes
                        Exercise - Body by Science by Doug McGuff
                        Beef - The Bulletproof Diet by Dave Asprey
                        Symbiotic Animal/Plant/Earth/Mankind relationship - Anything by Joel Salatin
                        CAFO's - The Omnivores Dilemma by Michael Pollan

I could go on, but knowledge of this value tends to make people severely uncomfortable. I mean we have been so incredibly misled that people think vegetable oil comes from vegetables!
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

This is the answer I got from me mum who’s a doctor:

It’s not considered a lean protein. The majority of red meat in the USA is raised by feeding the animals corn and other crap that leads to high concentrations of omega 6 fatty acids, which are pro-inflammatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            Yup, I love those too. At least you are going to the gym and working up a good sweat. I suggest improvements a little at a time. Maybe try cutting out the soda and switching to water. Reward yourself with a coke once a week or a couple times a month. Eventually at least for me, I reached a point where I didn’t miss it anymore. Whatever you do, Don’t switch to diet soda. That shit is so bad!

Yeah that’s what I’m trying to do. Probably drinking 5x as much water as I do soda...but with the amount I drink that’s still a lot of soda. I’m slowly leaning off it so I’ll get there eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In this past year so far, I have cut down on soda intake. I exclusively have water with all meals. Coke/soda intake, I would say is about 2 litres a month.
                              1990 325i
                              2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                              sigpic

Comment

How is you guys tap water, or do you guys drink bottled water?
                                1990 325i
                                2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X