Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
    How is you guys tap water, or do you guys drink bottled water?
    Bottled water is tap water.

Where I live tap water is of decent quality. I use a 10 stage filter, teed into the fridge feed line, with a spout at my sink for all of my drinking water.

Edit: You're in South Africa. I am unsure of tap water quality in your area. Bottled water may be a better source for you.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Here in N. Texas, tap water tastes nasty and the taste can change. Not that it changes to a good flavor, just changes due to the level of the lake.
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I drink tap/filtered fridge but we have pretty good water in my area
        89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
        I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Type two diabetes is a thing in my family, so I've been on a ketogenic diet for a while now. I feel awesome all the time and I get to eat awesome food.

30g of carbs a day max, so I'm eating a lot of greens and protein. When I drink, don't laugh, but I drink vodka sodas, like a 20 year old white chick. I do cycle in carbs, which I do with beer once a week :p

This diet gets your body off using sugars and carbs as energy. Instead, you're using fats for energy.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            Speaking of this, I’ve really cleaned up my diet over the last year or so.
            Check out Fitmencook . com for some better tasting recipes. Some are a little too crazy of ingredients but overall you should find some ideas to make your chicken taste different and better each week.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
              Haha at the red meat hate.

Flyboy, while Forks Over Knives was a great documentary, the plant-based diet they recommend is incomplete. There was a slue of plant-based documentaries that came out, most of them basing their attack off of the meat produced in CAFO's.

CAFO meat (concentrated animal feeding operations, think cows standing knee deep in shit 24/7, eating nothing but corn) is atrocious for the human body. I do not recommend it for anyone. The bullshit that goes into getting meat onto your plate for less than 5 dollars has implications far beyond the damage that the meat does to your gut bacteria, and subsequently, the rest of your body.

Beef is an incredible food, full of myriad good things for the human body, if the meat came from an animal that lived the kind of life it was meant to live. Also, the symbiotic relationship between animal and land has tremendous rewards for nature.

Also beware of fruits. "Healthy" people touting fruits as a go-to for health are misguided. Fruit needs to be treated as a dessert.

Also keep in mind that PUF's (Poly unsaturated fats) will stay in your body for a very very long time (up to three years) and they also cause massive free radical cascades throughout your body everytime you eat them and everytime they are released from their prison in your fat cells. This is part of the reason that people feel so terrible when they initially begin losing weight/exercising.

Sugar is your true enemy. Have a soda, paired with the fact that it has virtually nothing else in it apart from the sugar, and you're setting yourself up for failure. I haven't begun to touch on the inflammation that occurs from drinking soda.

Also keep in mind that extreme cardio based exercise is also damaging to your body. More free radical cascades damaging your insides in a variety of ways, and many more we do not understand yet.

Also, the simplified form of cholesterol is also incomplete and inaccurate. We all have Ancel Keys and his activities in the 50's and 60's to thank for loads of people jumping on cholesterol reducing drugs, further damaging their health and lifestyle.

I don't have time to fully explain any of these concepts, but here are some places to turn to if you want to know the full story:

Cholesterol - Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes
              Exercise - Body by Science by Doug McGuff
              Beef - The Bulletproof Diet by Dave Asprey
              Symbiotic Animal/Plant/Earth/Mankind relationship - Anything by Joel Salatin
              CAFO's - The Omnivores Dilemma by Michael Pollan

I could go on, but knowledge of this value tends to make people severely uncomfortable. I mean we have been so incredibly misled that people think vegetable oil comes from vegetables!
              i really don't hate red meat. i love it in fact. you make a lot of good points above. i agree with most of them. especially the argument about feeding animals corn and letting them stand around in their own shit all day. hormones...gmo's....its all shit and we are so deep in it as a society, there is no way to get away from it unless you raise your own grass fed cows and chickens or you only eat the meat from animals you hunt in the wild. even then, deer and elk will eat a lot of farm raised genetically modified corn.....

fuck you Monsanto and companies like you. corporate greed is i believe the cause of most of the obesity here.

when i was a kid growing up in the 70's and 80's we had two "fat" kids in my school class of about 100 students. when i say fat, i mean that they were kinda big by today's standards but nothing like the fat kids i see everywhere today. the only thing i can think of to place blame on is that over the last 30 years, our diets have become so much worse than they were in those days. food that is readily available is so much worse i believe.

pretty much every book/documentary about nutrition is skewed in some way. i have read a couple of the books you listed above. they are good, but i believe they are also skewed. i think the only answer is to do some reading and research and make your own conclusions.

somewhat related and not very scientific:

i have two buddies that are in their mid to late 40's. one guy has been a road bike racer for years. he would enter races with say 2-3000 other riders. for years the best he could do in his class was finish about 200 or so. about a year ago he went vegetarian and since has been finishing consistently in the top 10 or 15.

my other friend got a divorce and decided to take up marathon running. he would always finish in the back third or so of his age class. he went vegetarian and is now finishing in the top third.

neither of these guys changed their training regimen in any way. all they did was change their diet.

i am not saying that this is any sort of scientific evidence for eschewing meat. i just think that with the evidence(perhaps skewed) around me that eating less meat and more vegetables is a healthier lifestyle. don't get me wrong. i love meat. i have just chosen to eat less of it.

with that said, i'm in philidelphia today. i think my crew and i are going to eat at Khyber pass pub for bbq. gah!
              Last edited by flyboyx; 12-13-2017, 12:37 PM.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

you are what you eat. period.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                '90 325i sedan daily driven
                '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

I love meat, but it is 100% not necessary for humans to consume, if they so chose.

Meat is more expensive per unit mass than most other foods.
                  Meat is more wasteful to produce than most other foods.
                  Humans have practically the most pathetic canines ever, and have a gut way closer to that of a herbivore anyway.

I always used to bitch about "muh proteinz" but for fucking real, some of the largest animals on this planet are herbivores, so fuck. Look at that swol-ass Gorilla or Rhino, getting pure gainz from shoots and plants and shit.

Only time I drink pop or "soda" is Rum&coke, Rum&ginger, or when there's ginger ale left over. Tap water here is great, but I honestly don't drink enough of it. I know some places are brutal with how much chlorine they put in the water - Ontario always kills me with that.

Completely unrelated:
                  I really want to build an M20.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                    I really want to build an M20.
                    I really want to turbo one.
                    88 325i Cabrio
                    04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Eating meat is linked to our evolution, so I eat it. ;p

Our digestive tract is not obligatory to an herbivorous diet.
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                        I really want to turbo one.
                        Nah, I want to pull a "digger" :)

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                          Nah, I want to pull a "digger" :)
                          Excuse me for my noobishness, but a what?
                          88 325i Cabrio
                          04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Certain species of animals can live off plants exclusively, because they have a long digestive tract. It takes so much time to break down greens. That's why gorillaz eat their own shit, because even they cannot process an entire bush in one pass through their digestive tract. Ours is much shorter and theories suggest that our bodies prefer a diet with meat.

Comment

Digger is the Jesus Christ of N/A m20 builders

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X