No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My E30 needs tires. So I go to buy new tires on TireRack, which is now officially the biggest pain in the ass to order from on the entire internet.

I put in a BoA CC. They want to send a text message to my phone number to verify. They say I can opt out, but if I do, I can't make the purchase. Well, the phone number I have listed is a land line, and obviously doesn't accept text messages. Can't opt out, can't change the number. So I switch the CC number to a Wells Fargo card. Now they want some sort of Visa safe password that I've probably made before and forgotten (last time I bought tires I bet), it has to have one number, one letter, and a special character, but you can't use 90% of special characters on the keyboard. What a fucking pain the ass. All I want is some goddamn tires.

Anyway, after years of needing new tires, I've finally got some 14" Falkens coming from Discount Tire :) Practically the only decent tire for a 14" wheel.

Comment

fuck me....

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

That's sooooooooooooo cool. Is that the same calypso paint that came on late e30s?
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

oh my christ thats nutto
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I cant get over how heavy the damn car is though...
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

I think the steeze of an e31 far outWEIGHS the actual weight of the car
              they're autobahn cruisers, not little canyon rippers

edit: they are really fuckin heavy tho
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Considering it's a cruiser and not a carver, it's a harder sell.

Most full size V6 cars with DI being built these days put out at least 300 hp from the factory (ie. Impala V6). Add to that they are more reliable and under manufacturer's warranty. Also there's performance and replacement parts that are available everywhere for a fraction of the price of what you'd pay to mod or repair the e31.
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Im on one today with these... What the hell happened to the day. I got no work done today
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                    Considering it's a cruiser and not a carver, it's a harder sell.

Most full size V6 cars with DI being built these days put out at least 300 hp from the factory (ie. Impala V6). Add to that they are more reliable and under manufacturer's warranty. Also there's performance and replacement parts that are available everywhere for a fraction of the price of what you'd pay to mod or repair the e31.

You’re preaching to the wrong crowd.

R3v is a place that glorifies, ancient hoopties that are unreliable and suck you drier than lot lizard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                      TireRack
                      +1 for fuck tire rack. How is it more expensive to ship the tires than it is to buy them? How the hell did they get to your warehouse in the first place?
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Actually, I think shipping was only going to be $30, but Discount Tire had free shipping :)

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          This is actually what I would prefer to do, but its not as easy as it sounds
                          yer right, but I bet its easier than throwing that lump in an e30. the biggest problem is finding one at a reasonable price.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                            +1 for fuck tire rack. How is it more expensive to ship the tires than it is to buy them?
                            Advertising, P&O, and maybe those sick road tests. Too bad for them that they work within a free market and we can just use their less expensive competitors while reading their test results.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              You’re preaching to the wrong crowd.

R3v is a place that glorifies, ancient hoopties that are unreliable and suck you drier than lot lizard.

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

I dont dabble with lot lizards anymore...

back to the M70... I got cash in my pocket and passion in my heart... and Im frothin and foamin

Found a nice looking E34 535i for the price of "pay for it to get out of the tow yard" and I found a M73B54! .... shoot me now and save me from myself
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X