Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People can suck.

My 13yr old daughter was riding her bike home from tennis practice and someone pulled out of an apartment complex and hit her. Well, the bike anyways, and bent the front rim. Guy asks if she is OK, she says yes, but her ankle hurts. She attempted to push it and the tire was rubbing the fork, so the guy offered her a ride home (she got reamed for saying yes!). So, the guy puts the bike in the back of the SUV, goes and climbs in the car and as she reached for the door handle, he took off! So, now instead of getting a ticket for failure to yield to a pedestrian - if the cops can track him down - he will get leaving the scene of an accident with injury and stolen property.

Fortunately she only suffered a sprained ankle, but seriously WTF?!?!?
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      People can suck.

My 13yr old daughter was riding her bike home from tennis practice and someone pulled out of an apartment complex and hit her. Well, the bike anyways, and bent the front rim. Guy asks if she is OK, she says yes, but her ankle hurts. She attempted to push it and the tire was rubbing the fork, so the guy offered her a ride home (she got reamed for saying yes!). So, the guy puts the bike in the back of the SUV, goes and climbs in the car and as she reached for the door handle, he took off! So, now instead of getting a ticket for failure to yield to a pedestrian - if the cops can track him down - he will get leaving the scene of an accident with injury and stolen property.

Fortunately she only suffered a sprained ankle, but seriously WTF?!?!?
      Fuck. That.

Absolutely make sure you reinforce the "never get into anyone's vehicle" thing with her. We've seen a lot of attempted abductions here recently, and a couple successful ones unfortunately :(
      2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

she should of shanked him

Comment

Thats crazy. Thank God shes ok... the bike can be replaced... Florida Man strikes again
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Anyone i colorado wanna do a guy a favor? My sister was out there during the summer and brought home some 5280 salsa and its the best damn salsa I’ve ever had and I needs more. A lot more.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Damn that's a weird incident.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Florida Man strikes again
              Pretty much.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Is Florida Man more of a temporary demonic possession type of thing or more of a nascent, everyone has it, Walking Dead type of zombie plague?

Comment

Do you think these are streetable?

E36 non-M / Z3 non-M / E36 M3 / Z3M. E36 M3 3.2 / Z3M. E30 non-M / E30 M3 . The kit can be combined with most of the E30 / E36 / E46 chassis, knuckles/spindles and tie rods. Rerouting of original fuel lines might be required on E30 chassis .

Comment

If your street car is immune to metal fatigue those will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                      she should of shanked him
                      She should have shanked him.

/obligatory
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

2005 Mercedes E350 with 190k for 2500. Pretty damn clean. Yay or nay?
                        88 325i Cabrio
                        04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

My default answer on a Mercedes is 'nay', having seen how much parts cost and what a pain they are to work on.

Some exceptions... old ones mostly.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                            2005 Mercedes E350 with 190k for 2500. Pretty damn clean. Yay or nay?
                            Why bother when you can have a nice E39 for that price?

Comment

Yeah, it was a nay from the beginning for me, but I figured I'd get a second opinion. It's a repo at work that they got a few months ago. He's selling it for half the low end value and they just did like 3k of work on it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                              88 325i Cabrio
                              04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

I'm going to dissagree with the 'Nay'

I love working on those cars, and their engines are so low maintenance, and they are not a pain to work on.

Way less of a money pit than e39s

and that opinion comes form 7 years experience working on both e39s and w211s

The merc is a more comfortable luxury car, while the e39 feels more like a sports car.
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X