X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Yes, it’s just awkward to do when you live with a bunch of dudes lol

Picture Al Bundy on the couch, that’s me after a day of work

Al Bundy, patron saint of working stiffs everywhere.

Half the kids on R3v be like, who’s he?

Ezekiel 25:17
    Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
    The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
    The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
    The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by majdomo View Post

Half the kids on R3v be like, who’s he?

For my bachelor party I bought all the guys No Ma’am shirts and we went out with them on. Some young girl who had no idea what it was about was so butthurt and almost got her man friend destroyed by 8 drunks lol
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I just threw some Amazon oil and a oem toyota filter in the taco so I'll let you guys know if anything not normal happens or any funny business when I drain it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
          I just threw some Amazon oil and a oem toyota filter in the taco so I'll let you guys know if anything not normal happens or any funny business when I drain it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I’ve already used Amazon oil on my 15 Avalon 2GRE V6 same as your motor.
          Oil is absolutely unit, no issues, I just can’t get it through my head if I should use in my bmw.

Same motor for new tacos, older tacos had much more durable V6’s not from a Camry.
          Last edited by Sonny; 06-02-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            For my bachelor party I bought all the guys No Ma’am shirts and we went out with them on. Some young girl who had no idea what it was about was so butthurt and almost got her man friend destroyed by 8 drunks lol
            SO AWESOME.................. Your now my hero of the week

As to Amazon oil, rumors are its made for them by a well known Super Major oil company and actually flows a bit better on on cold start up than many of the major competitors there are a few YT vids on it. I might run it in the wifey truck when I stop letting the dealer do all the service work...... Other wise if they had something competitive with M1 Delvac 1 5w40 I would not be worried about it in anything old or new, other than Diesels that require a bit different additive packages.

Proper Steak
            Anyone that cooks their own Steak WELL DONE ON PURPOSE................. Should have 1) their grilling privileges revoked, and 2) be beaten with a bar of soap in knee sock until their bruises are about the same color as the well done steaks hot steamy chewy center.......
            3 mins on 1 side 2 min on the other on a hot grill to get the browning an sear marks, let it rest for 5 min, SERVE it should BE FUCKING COOL/COLD IN THE MIDDLE

A good tuna steak should also be done in a similar manner but closer to 90 sec per side if not less depending on how hot he grill is and how thick your tuna is, If its not COLD COLD in the middle then you fail at cooking
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I wanted help but I messed up my reputation severely I’m sorry but Please if I may ask one question and I promise I’ll leave R3V and never come back, just a farewell , I’ve learned a lot and love you all!

Is diesel oil safe to use forever on every oil change on our E30s with M10/M20?

Whats the oil that will keep it running forever GTX Or Shell Rotella?

Thank you all

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                  I wanted help but I messed up my reputation severely I’m sorry but Please if I may ask one question and I promise I’ll leave R3V and never come back, just a farewell , I’ve learned a lot and love you all!

Thank you all
                  I would run Rotella over castrol, but either are fine for an M10, Yes CJ-4 rated oils for diesels are just fine for gas burners. The additive packages are good for older gas engines that like the added Zinc and detergents to keep the combustion residue washed out of early EGR engines. I run M1 Delvac 1 which is group IV syn designed for over the road tractors and extended change intervals in my 1fz-fe Toyota in the 5-40 flavor and it loves it. In an M10 oil is oil it will be fine you could likely use olive oil in an M10 and it would be fine
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                    While this video doesn't really address zinc additives. I think he does a really good job comparing liqui moly and Amazon oil. He has alot oil shootout videos.

https://youtu.be/oc5i6Vevox4
                    I like that youtube channel and he's a good guy, doing good stuff given the limitations of his instrumentation, but that's pretty lackluster as a comparison of two oils. Especially a cheap one with an expensive one that is likely so expensive partially because of qualities and additives you can't measure without a lab. Bob is the Oil Guy is where you want to go if you want to compare some oils and read about them, there are industry guys and engineers there who really know what's going on.

I was fortunate to learn while I was still an ignorant teenager that the more you learn the more you realize you don't know. I've gotten far enough in engineering school now to be able to parse just about everything I read in some of the more detailed testing of oils and there is a lot there you can't test with a hot plate, a cold run test and a crude wear test.

I recently switched from Rotella conventional, which I have used in turbo cars for a long time, to Mobile 1 15W50 synthetic in my M20 over concerns about heat. I'll be doing used oil analysis on my next oil change to assess the health of my engine.
                    Last edited by varg; 06-02-2019, 04:07 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 3-17

Comment

This is the most reasonable oil discussion I've ever participated in on any automotive forum I've ever been on.

It's like seeing a mermaid, you only thought such things existed as a myth.
                      I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post

Thank you all
                        Dude just post. Just post less.... nonsense (I am aware of the irony).

Now what you need to stop doing is apologizing for yourself and saying you'll never post again.

End of the day, you know what you need? Confidence. Grow a fucking pair of balls and be confident in yourself. You won't go around apologizing for every fucking thing, and you won't feel such a need to communicate (post) shit every 5 minutes.

Step away from the computer, go outside. And stop looking down when you walk.
                        No E30 Club
                        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                          Dude just post. Just post less.... nonsense (I am aware of the irony).

Now what you need to stop doing is apologizing for yourself and saying you'll never post again.

End of the day, you know what you need? Confidence. Grow a fucking pair of balls and be confident in yourself. You won't go around apologizing for every fucking thing, and you won't feel such a need to communicate (post) shit every 5 minutes.

Step away from the computer, go outside. And stop looking down when you walk.

Thanks man

Comment

It always makes me giggle cause I know this will never end. Last post jk. Ok I’m done. Seriously after this one I’m done. Really guys I’m done. This cycle is completely comical and guaranteed almost daily. I’ve cut back on posting a lot mainly because not too much has been happening. Turns out Orkin taking over the pest company I work for now was I good thing. I got Health, Dental. 401K and a pay raise. Signed up for Planet Fitness I’m on my day off but I went 4 days in a row! It’s kind of early to list any progress but I’m already feeling a lot better! As far as my e30 goes I completely forgot to include a throwout bearing so yeah once that comes in I’ll have a fun healthy wrench ahead of me. I can’t wait till it at least drives now this will be my hugest mechanic achievement. I almost wanted to give up but I will not!

Comment

Speaking of oil analysis i sent one off for my vq nissan at 4,800mi
                              using pennzoil platinum
                              super good shit.

they said the oil can do allot more but there is some bearing wear higher then normal
                              but nothing to be scared about because it was the same as last time i sent it
                              and should be changed at the same mileage next time.
                              think it's because i like to cruise at 90 for like 30minutes.

Therefore i'm going to try cheap ass walmart dino and see what comes up next time at the same mileage.
                              might be the same wear and the good synthetic shit isn't do me any good.
                              13$ vs 25$.

Comment

also, check out the price on this "supercar" oil.

Comment

Working...
                                X