Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    101 degrees here today and my AC on the house took a shit. I got 4 cats 2 dogs and family with two little ones staying with me. Its gonna be a long night...

That’s why I’m glad we spent the money remodeling the basement 6 years ago. It stays so nice and cool down here.

We’ve talked about doing a mini split upstairs, but for the handful of days that it does break 100, we can just sleep on the pull out in the basement..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      That’s why I’m glad we spent the money remodeling the basement 6 years ago. It stays so nice and cool down here.

We’ve talked about doing a mini split upstairs, but for the handful of days that it does break 100, we can just sleep on the pull out in the basement..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea i got a nice finished basement with a big comfy couch and tv. However I came up with the great idea that since we hardly go down there id just store my car parts down there for over flow. So now the couch is cover and every square inch is covered. Id have to move them all upstairs haha. I legit have a turbo’d m20 next to the fire place....

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

101 degrees here today and my AC on the house took a shit. I got 4 cats 2 dogs and family with two little ones staying with me. Its gonna be a long night...
        Oh man, no fun!
        Hope you can get it fixed soon!
        I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
          Oh man, no fun!

Hope you can get it fixed soon!

Got fixed today. Was a bad capacitor.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Thank you for being on topic unlike the last few posts in the thread formerly known as Nonsense. Now get back to working on your inside out, driving cantaloupe.
            I shit post with the best of them.
            I do things.

Comment

Got fixed today. Was a bad capacitor.
              Nice!
              That's always the first thing to look for.

I have to get mine charged annually, I had a new system installed after the flood, and they never did it right. After 5 call backs, and shouting at the owner, I'll deal with an annual $200 service (performed by a different company) call until we can move.

Going to 410a and double pane windows did reduce my elec bills by 1/2.
              I do things.

Comment

sounds like my damn propane boiler in the winter... always something wrong with it.

Summer isn't bad here, maybe a month in the summer where I want AC. The house will almost always stay cool all day usually if I keep the windows closed and the shades drawn, but there are a few where a cheapo window mounted unit does the trick.

Also, Happy Canada Day to the other Canucks here... although it's rained solid since Wednesday and continues to do so.
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

great week at work - practically no one here and it gets thinner and thinner as the week goes on.

plenty of time to shop for parts, clean up my desk, and hit up r3v.
                  Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                  The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                  The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                  The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

With the new position I got back in Feb I lost my shift differential from working tues-sat. So I was working mon-fri. Yay! back to having my saturdays back...however the 10% differential was a noticeable loss.

So then I started to work noon-9pm. I get the differential and during my lunch at 4pm, I go home and spend the rest of the day at home.

I'm doing it now and just got done playing some video games...
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

So I had spent about 20 minutes typing what happened to us last week...then my dog that was under my desk flipped the switch to the power strip and there went that...

Cliff notes. Dulles(D.C. area) to Dallas
                      we were supposed to have left Sunday, mind you I have my wife and my 3 month old with us.

After 3 cancellations on Sunday, getting back about 1:30am on Monday morning(we actually made it over Georgia and then the plane turned back around), being told the flight will leave at 7am, staying overnight in the airport with a 3 month old.

Then 45 minutes before the 7am flight, we hear that they cancel that flight...

Get on the phone, as I and hundred more other people are in line. Get another flight for TUESDAY AT 5:45PM...It is about 8am Monday morning now.

Argue with the guy at the counter cause at first he said they wouldn't comp us a hotel. Then another passenger told me, whispering, that another person did get a comp'd hotel.

So I started to ask why others are getting comp'd hotels, pretty loudly. My voice can carry pretty far.

After this, the guy says he got us a motel and money to use in the airport.

So we get some breakfast cause has been almost 12 hrs since we ate. Then went to the hotel. Luckily they have a shuttle to and from the hotel.

We get to the hotel at about 8:45 or so. The lady there is saying they are booked solid and not sure why the airline booked a room at their motel.

She then said that we would need to wait for someone to leave and then they would have to clean the room. Now I've been up over 24 hrs by this point.

We needed to get some water and snacks and most importantly, some diapers for the baby.

So we uber it over to the nearest store, Target. Come back at about 10:30am.

Lady at the Motel is saying now that we will have to wait till 3pm for when check-in starts.

Then I started to loose it again, and then all of a sudden they found a room and we got into the room at about 11am.

We crash on the bed after my wife fed the baby.

My wife then wakes me up at about 4pm saying it's hot. Then we both realise the POWER IS OUT.

Serious?!!!

Thankfully during this time it started to rain so it wasn't as hot as it could have been and it was only off for like 3 hours.

Oh during this time I went to the front desk, phones didn't work, and ask what the issue was and looking for an eta of it being fixed.

They said that construction across the street hit a line...

I'm tired and didn't compute that that makes no sense.

Then I see some guys out front of our motel, we were in the back of the whole complex, and they were messing with the power distribution box for the whole complex.

This makes me realize that the power issue is with this complex not with across the highway with construction.

Anyways the power comes on and we go back to sleep.

So the next day we get up and have to be out by noon. We get a good breakfast, free at the motel, and then head to the airport for another 5 hours of sitting.

We get on the flight and make it home.

So remember that 7am flight they said they would have? Well, during the time of everyone trying to get another flight after they said that one was cancelled, more people were saying that the airline, when called on the phone, didn't have that flight in their system. So this started everyone to start thinking that flight never existed and they were telling us that so that we wouldn't get hotel vouchers that night.

I dont know for certain because I did hear that some did get hotel vouchers for that Sunday night.

Oh well, the rest of the trip was GREAT! My first time in the DC area.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

hahaha I called that the cliff notes...
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

were you flying southwest or American both of which I avoid like the plague
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Glad you had fun in DC atleast. One of my favorite places to visit.
                            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

when you have the clutch slave off the tranny and you KNOW you're not supposed to
                              hit the clutch but you do? and the rod on the slave rips out. yup.
                              rockauto time.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                I sent you an email under the assumption that your inbox is full lol

HA!

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                                when you have the clutch slave off the tranny and you KNOW you're not supposed to
                                hit the clutch but you do? and the rod on the slave rips out. yup.
                                rockauto time.

Just put it back in. Just a few years ago you could get a new pistons/seal/retainer and just refill the guts in them. Now you have to buy the whole thing.
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:
                                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                                X