Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not blonde enough to be Blunt lol,

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
    so basically every head rebuild place does a sorta crappy job.
    do you think valve lapping should be done or na?
    If the valve job is done properly and concentric, no lapping should be needed. If you are in a pinch to get a car running, it works fine.

Not all machine shops are bad, but if they are rebuilding cars to get back on the road, they aren't normally doing things to be top-performing. Go to a real race shop with proven results is all.

When doing my valve jobs, I put Dykum on the valves and turn them on the seat to ensure the contact patches are where they should be. Putting the gritty paste, and grinding them together is actually bad from a performance standpoint.

john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Got him from Blunttech, did you? I mean, look at his forehead.
      Lmao just seen that

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I had a very productive day as far as school work on weekends goes... but I spent probably a combined 2 hours trying to get Adobe Cloud to fuck off. Adobe Acrobat Pro is great for editing PDFs, sure, but Adobe is fucked up for making it upload everything to their cloud.
        No I don't want you to help yourself to my clearance application form with the details of the last 10 years of my life.
        No I don't want an extra dozen(or more?) programs running in the background.
        No I don't want a bunch of context menu options added to "combine files with Adobe"
        No I don't want your shitty sync folders added to my Explorer Quick access sidebar.

The fact that it doesn't even ask or give you a way to opt out/turn off this shit is mind blowing.

Still not having a great time. There's some batch file that is supposed to remove the sync folder and I have firewall rules set to block it. Would be nice if they were a little more on board the privacy bandwagon though.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post

Lmao just seen that
          Glad to help.

Originally posted by Northern View Post
          I had a very productive day as far as school work on weekends goes... but I spent probably a combined 2 hours trying to get Adobe Cloud to fuck off. Adobe Acrobat Pro is great for editing PDFs, sure, but Adobe is fucked up for making it upload everything to their cloud.
          No I don't want you to help yourself to my clearance application form with the details of the last 10 years of my life.
          No I don't want a bunch of context menu options added to "combine files with Adobe"
          No I don't want your shitty sync folders added to my Explorer Quick access sidebar.

The fact that it doesn't even ask or give you a way to opt out/turn off this shit is mind blowing.

Still not having a great time. There's some batch file that is supposed to remove the sync folder and I have firewall rules set to block it. Would be nice if they were a little more on board the privacy bandwagon though.
          Adobe needs to rebrand to an image of the join or die snake with all of their various "services."

Comment

Just noticed Adobe added their own tab in all the MS Office programs with this install as well.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

i hate what Adobe did, but you can still go the "other way" and it makes CC a lot less intrusive you just dont get access to the Stock materials they have.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetJams
                Just ignore everything.
                hi sonny
                91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

And we're back! Good, there's things I need to look up.
                  I do things.

Comment

Our daughter was born march 23rd. On march 24th, while we were in the hospital still, our house got hit by a hail storm. (Texas)
                    Today we are getting our roof replaced due to the damage caused.

Tomorrow we are going to the State Fair of Texas!
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Well, congrats, and that's quite a delay in timing, must have been a whopper of a hail storm to push your project back so far.

Comment

Well, congrats, and that's quite a delay in timing, must have been a whopper of a hail storm to push your project back so far.
                        Thank you! Didn't want to replace it and then have another hail storm so I wanted to wait till at least Aug. Aug came around and money is pretty tight, roofer made it so we can still meet the deductible so we went with it. Took some time to get the insurance out and then them approve the replacement.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

Ah, makes sense. Has TX mandated or incentivised the upgrade to impact resistant products?

Comment

lol @ that dog with the dong on his head

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Ah, makes sense. Has TX mandated or incentivised the upgrade to impact resistant products?
                              Not that i know of.

also just sold our wood burning smoker. Now to get an electric smoker!
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

been down an 02 rabbit hole lately. came thisclose to buying a 73 until i saw some swiss cheese in both fenders. e30 lives in the garage for another day.

also been doing a ton of house work. kitchen counters, backsplash, paint, floors, etc. house looks like a bomb hit it.

also tapatalk still doesn't work with this thread so i have to physically LOG IN ONLINE. /whine
                                Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                                The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                                The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                                The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Working...
                                X