Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    i was like....hmmm....2 days without dingleberry and his posts full of wisdom. then i looked back a couple pages and i was like...right on.
    I keep reporting his posts lol

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post

I keep reporting his posts lol
      Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.
      I do things.

Comment

So I sold all my e30s a few months ago, but then last night I'm having this dream where I somehow wind up owning one again. It was a m20 car with a ton of miles and in terrible shape, and I remember parking it in my garage and thinking to myself "Gotta get that timing belt changed asap." Then I was abruptly woken up by my alarm, but the dream was still so fresh that for a moment I actually believed I had this e30 in my garage and I gotta order a timing belt kit for it and hoping they're not $400 or nla by now. Then reality set in and I was both happy and sad that I didn't have work on an e30 this weekend.
        My Feedback

Comment

My job sucks. Boss is a jerk and made me drive this thing all day at Palm Beach Raceway. This junk only had 600hp and paddle shifters, doesn't even have a clutch pedal, stupid automatic. Oh, and it's only good for about 2hr on fuel pacing a max speed of 145mph. Just a shiny POS

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191023_225608_838.jpg
Views:	788
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	9880896
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I hate you
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

What a turd, only as fast as an M42 track car, pathetic.

Comment

So, firebird, how did you like the new Corvette?
                I do things.

Comment

Buddy of mine is at VIR today for a trackday in his C5.
                  Apparently there's an E30 event, he's been sending me pictures.

I told him to beware of oil leaks.
                  I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                    So, firebird, how did you like the new Corvette?
                    660bhp twin turbo, not 450bhp NA. ;)
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      I hate you
                      Can I rub it in and say it was a paying job? Had jobs at the shop to do, but for $75/hr, was so hard not to say yes lol. That job ticked all the boxes.

Also had to use it to coach new drivers, they had an over ride brake pedal on the passenger side. Only had to use it twice in the 5hr tho.
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

Friend of mine works for XtremeXperience
                        ​​​​​​He hooked me up with a drive in a GT3.

​​​​​​I passed the Ferrari. All they had was the 458, not the 488.
                        I do things.

Comment

There was also a hand full of gt3's there, I coached in 2 of them, but didn't drive em (but have in other occasions when coaching). Also coached in an older 458. I didn't get to coach the guys in the Lambos tho. It's an exotic rental company, Miami Exotic Racing, and that day a bunch of the renters brought their personal exotics. The 458 being a daily street car could only do a few laps since it didn't have high temp brake fluid.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

I still hate you ;)

While I have transitioned away from the go fast stuff into go slow but go anywhere kinda things due to a whole host of reasons...... I am still very likely to get bitten by the go fast bug again at anytime, and posts like this put lots nicks and dings in my better judgment..... Mellon having a decent C5 in my fav C5 color for up for sale is testing my long running streak of fiduciary responsibility in this realm to a level I haven't been at in a while LOL. SO I bought a new Heliarc machine to keep my head buried behind a hood at my bench learning something useful rather than go fast car shopping while I am down recovering from knee surgery and cant do anything at but sit around.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

lol. aren't you already a professional tig guy? i was thinking that welding was your jam before you took on a supervisory role.

what machine did you buy?
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Using helium over argon is a whole different gig. Argon sinks, helium floats, so I can only imagine welding heliarc, would like to try it sometime. Bet it works great when welding up side down.

Sleeve, if I didn't do the work I do, wouldn't be going around and doing this stuff either. It just a perk of the job. To be able to drive in the track when I was going for the race license, I would volunteer at all the events I could get to locally. Took a couple years doing it to get enough experience to get a license. Thinking about it now, it's already been 8 yrs since I did my first laps at HMS as a driver.

Raising 4 kids, no way I could afford to do it otherwise. I even barter the race entries for our endurance seasons.
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X