Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

too bad its pole smoker yellow. the hardtop is a huge bonus though

i never realized these things were this cheap.
    You could do way worse for 3k, and showing up to a Porsche show in it would be worth the money alone.

drivers gloves, shirt, and a faded yellow Boxster
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I had never heard of this and had never considered it.... but now Im ruined. Someone give me a shovel, I have a new rabbit hole to go down.

edit: seriously if this motor BOLTs up to the Cayman transmission Im in trouble.
      https://engineswapdepot.com/?p=11960

Comment

I've seen some cheap 1st gen Boxsters around too. Makes sense that they're cheap imo because they're basically a shitty German S2000. Similar weight, similar power, both great handling cars, but one of them beyond terrible to work on and oh will it need to be worked on...

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          I've seen some cheap 1st gen Boxsters around too. Makes sense that they're cheap imo because they're basically a shitty German S2000. Similar weight, similar power, both great handling cars, but one of them beyond terrible to work on and oh will it need to be worked on...
          A friend of mine has a 2014 Cayman 2.7 with PDK & Sport Chrono... Surprisingly well optioned 2.7 car. He's already had to have a couple of coil packs replaced. On the Cayman engines Porsche omitted coil pack heat shields that they installed on Carrera engines. The Cayman exhaust runs closer to those coil packs than the Carrera exhaust does. Consequently, the Cayman burns out those coil packs much faster than Carreras do. The heat shields are cheap and he bought them and had them installed with the new coil packs... but that's just a sample of the madness.

Comment

So....

boxter....convertible....= really cheap?

cayman......hardtop....= much more expensive?

i guess there were less caymans made?

ive never driven either, but I do have a couple friends with 911’s of various years. I love the look of the air cooled versions, but I really despise the way they handle. Engine in the keester is just a stupid design in my opinion. The thought of a mid engine car with a 400hp Audi engine rustles my jimmies however...

sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Early Boxters, 986s, seem unloved by the P car crowd, are quite ugly with limited power output, and are cheap as a result. The gen when the Cayman arrived, 987, is considerably better, but fairly dated as of now, with the revised 987 Cayman/Boxster being the best bet for ownership as these are all 7-10 years old now and have a few more options/power relative to the early 987s.

Comment

So while Im at work, all I can think about is how great a Porsche would be. Then after work I get in my E30 and proceed to drive like a madman (my normal) and when I get home I think, would I be able to drive a Porsche like this without breaking stuff?...
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

okay... boxsters are not terrible to work on...

with the cover behind the seats open as well at the top, plus what you have access to underneath makes it decent to work on...

yeah simon, you drive like a madman.. I remember when we were going to supercar sunday, I had my foot mashed the entire time trying to keep up with the aluminum monster... albeit I had shit all seasons and a stock m20 at the time
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Yea the M20s are tough and I dont like to baby my cars... this worries me about owning a Porsche.

The Aluminum Monster had power so it wasnt hard to fulfill my madman driving. Imagine the abuse the ETA and automatic have to deal with to satisfy my need for speed

Also fun fact, the Aluminum Monster may be up for sale soon according to the current owner...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

I thought you already swapped your car to a 5spd

Maybe I'm thinking of the last car? It's hard to keep up

Why is he selling?
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

So while Im at work, all I can think about is how great a Porsche would be. Then after work I get in my E30 and proceed to drive like a madman (my normal) and when I get home I think, would I be able to drive a Porsche like this without breaking stuff?...
                        I need to take a ride! You sound like me when I drive lol
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          I thought you already swapped your car to a 5spd

Maybe I'm thinking of the last car? It's hard to keep up

Why is he selling?
                          The Cirrusly sedan got the 5 speed, but the Cosmos is still auto... however I have the G260, driveshaft, lightened single mass and a few other parts, but I wont be installing any of it until I have the 2.8L M20 ready to go with it... Should be a hoot If I actually get to that point and not buy a Porsche lol

The Aluminum Monster moved from LA to Vegas, registered there but then has been sitting. Guy has gotten into flying and I think hes selling to try and buy a plane. True story.

Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

I need to take a ride! You sound like me when I drive lol
                            Bring the car to LA and lets go drive in the Canyons. I know the 24v was taking a while to get up and running so its time to get miles on it...
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Found this one, https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/d/dallas-2006-porsche-cayman/7015741543.html
                              2006 PORSCHE CAYMAN S - $9599 (Dallas) manual, clean title, does have CEL on though

1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

Bring the car to LA and lets go drive in the Canyons. I know the 24v was taking a while to get up and running so its time to get miles on it...
                                It's still got issues, slow to start and the purge valve CEL, I don't have a purge valve lol. I'm electronically retarded, so the guy is supposed to come up from Houston next weekend to look at it again.
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X