No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No new hobbies per se, just lots and lots of house projects that have been put on the back burner due to lack of free time are getting completed.
    Also, with having sold the Corvette, and extreme tightening of the budget, I've been able to save some extra cash each check even though I'm on 20% reduced hours, and I upped my 401k contribution 2%.

My girlfriend is getting unemployment, with the $600 extra her checks are almost the same, and she's been buying all the food.
    My pay is covering the bills.
    I do things.

Comment

I'm in the market for some new seats. I've never sat in a Corbeau seat before, but those GTS lls look good, but i've been reading that they sit high and the bolsters are soft.

Anyone have personal experience with those? or just corbeau in general?

Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Why do you want aftermarket seats?
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Why do you want aftermarket seats?
          People are asking for insane prices for seats, even ones that aren't in good condition, which is what i'm looking for... I got quoted 900 to redo a pair of sport seats, but mine are mechanically and structurally fucked, so i figured I'd rather pay that money for a brand new set of seats than paying to redo 30yo seats
          Q

Comment

How bad are your seats? You can probably get a few hundred bucks for yours
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

My seats are vinyl, ripped to shit, mechanically fucked and the drivers seat had a broken part of the frame that allows the seat to flex all kinds of weird. ;/

NGL The new RRX corbeaus are pretty nice
              Q

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                I'm in the market for some new seats. I've never sat in a Corbeau seat before, but those GTS lls look good, but i've been reading that they sit high and the bolsters are soft.

Anyone have personal experience with those? or just corbeau in general?
                The seat bolsters have a steel frame support in them, the back bolsters are softer. They're not the most supportive, but pretty decent for Recaro knock-offs.

I'm a big fella, and it digs into my thigh, but they're super comfy otherwise. I get a lot of compliments on them from people who ride in my car.
                I do things.

Comment

I love my Recaro SEs, shouldve never gotten rid of them...

Hows everyone physical "shelter-at-home" been going? I was doing ok at first with doing some exercising and the last week was lazy lazy lazy... yesterday I finally did something, just need to do it more routinely. At least Im not eating everything in the fridge now!
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Yeah, those are super nice. I think i'm going to pull the trigger on these

Click image for larger version

Name:	corbeau-sportline-rrx-reclining-seat-black-w-gray-insert-55090_9cfaef80.jpg
Views:	1068
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	9921935
                    Q

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      I love my Recaro SEs, shouldve never gotten rid of them...

Hows everyone physical "shelter-at-home" been going? I was doing ok at first with doing some exercising and the last week was lazy lazy lazy... yesterday I finally did something, just need to do it more routinely. At least Im not eating everything in the fridge now!
                      no shelter in place here. aside from not being able to go to restaurants or bars this whole thing hasn't really affected me. they reduced hour at work for the month of april but kept giving us full time pay. It was nice working 24 hours getting paid for 40. May 4th they are going to begin reopening our economy but I feel like once they see a spike in cases they will close us back down. I've honestly grown to enjoy this lol. No people on the roads no cops looking for speeding working part time getting paid for full time. What dreams are made of right here.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

it's basically shelter in place here because everything is closed.
                        closed parking. closed shops. i can only stay at home and work on the e30 or drive really far to enjoy remote places.

freeways are nice but roads to the beach are packed. those retards are enjoying the beach and giving each other the covid.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                          closed parking. closed shops. i can only stay at home and work on the e30 or drive really far to enjoy remote places.

freeways are nice but roads to the beach are packed. those retards are enjoying the beach and giving each other the covid.
                          our case count is relatively low compared to the rest of the nation so I think that's why we are opening sooner and didn't close as much down. Pretty much closed down the petri dishes like schools, restaurants and then your big events. Does suck we wont have a College world series this year though. Not a huge baseball fan Id just go to the beer gardens.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post

Come on now, it's highly unlikely you'd get covid at the beach if you aren't right next to someone who is infected and coughing. Far more likely you'll get it grocery shopping, like everyone is and has to do. The virus is transmitted primarily through respiratory droplets, just being outside in a breezy area like the beach is vastly reducing the concentration of droplets in the air if someone is spewing them as well as the lifespan of the droplet and virus. I don't know where you are but around here people don't tend to be lounging within 6' of people they didn't go to the beach with even when things are normal. There is nothing wrong with people going to the beach, as a matter of fact it many of them should have been closed, just limited in capacity to avoid the spring breaker issue and distance, kind of like they're doing with the stores now. People are suffering enough sitting around the house losing their jobs and watching their hard earned savings and plans disappear into thin air, they need to be able to get out for the good of their mental and physical well being.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

Come on now, it's highly unlikely you'd get covid at the beach if you aren't right next to someone who is infected and coughing.
                              I want to say "NO FUCKING SHIT" but that would be rude.
                              sounds like you are going around assuming nobody is infected.
                              at the stores everyone has to wear masks i use a n95 it's safer for sure than a packed beach.
                              Last edited by LowR3V'in; 04-30-2020, 11:40 PM.

Comment

What's rude is calling people retards for going to the beach. You're making big assumption of being close to people, let alone close to someone who is infected. When are you close to people you don't know at a beach, ever? Where do you live that that's normal? That's a messed up beach who would go to a place like that? I live in Florida I've been going to beaches for 30 years and it's not the norm for groups of people to be close to each other in normal times let alone now. Families, who live and travel together, are going to be next to each other, or people who meet each other there, but strangers don't make a habit of being close at beaches in my experience. The 'plume' from someone speaking will dilute immediately in a breezy outdoor setting like a beach, and higher temperatures are documented to reduce its lifespan outside the body on surfaces. I haven't been to the beach since the pandemic began, I don't even know if my local beaches are open again yet, but as long as people weren't engaging in seriously abnormal behavior like forming crowds at the beach I would not have any issue with going there other than touching a parking meter machine.

I'll put money on the fact that a majority of the masks you see walking around a store have no ratings at all let alone N95. N95 masks have been practically unobtanium for a month, so the people at the stores who are infected are still spreading through their bandanas, dust masks and beautician's masks if they cough or talk (which they probably aren't anyway) and leaving droplets behind on everything you buy. Plus, if you aren't using that N95 mask properly; following proper removal procedure, and disposing of it or disinfecting it after every use, you could catch it from your own mask. Improper removal procedure can render virus contaminated particles on your mask airborne, right in front of your face...

Just follow the separation guidelines at a park or the beach and you'll be fine, good grief.

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                [CoTM: 4-18]
                                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                                - updated 1-26

Comment

Working...
                                X