No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to say. Probably just junk tires, since I looked them up and no one had anything good to say about them other than they (supposedly) last a long time. That said, this is the second set of GoodYear tires that car has had, and the second set that has had a problem like that. IIRC the first set went in a similar way but not that severely, so I don't think I'll be buying anything from GoodYear in future. I was surprised to see that they were only five years old since they looked older.

Comment

Any chance of a rub on that tire or they just simply split like that?

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I hope the comments on this are as good as they SHOULD be ... lol

Bid for the chance to own a Ferrari F106B Engine and 5-Speed Transaxle for 308 GTBi at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #42,838.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
          Any chance of a rub on that tire or they just simply split like that?
          No rubbing, stock wheels, and nearly stock sized tires.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I hope the comments on this are as good as they SHOULD be ... lol

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/fe...eed-transaxle/
            BaT purists are going to come through on this one lol
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

BaT purists are going to come through on this one lol
              I hope they ALL go there with their pitchforks .... so I can win that M3 lol
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I hope they ALL go there with their pitchforks .... so I can win that M3 lol
                This is the right car to K swap and that engine will make really nice cell phone chassis when recycled.

Comment

Told myself only one bid, not going to fight for it. My one and only bid has already been overbid by someone else haha
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Ugh, I got to be that guy and say that's a stupid swap but...

the flip side- the motor and transaxle will probably go to keep another 308 on the road..

Anyways, this is a good ol' youtube clickbait swap
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Ugh, I got to be that guy and say that's a stupid swap but...

the flip side- the motor and transaxle will probably go to keep another 308 on the road..

Anyways, this is a good ol' youtube clickbait swap
                      Eh, the best Ks make something like 270hp, are probably sickeningly reliable, and the whole swap probably comes to less than a typical overhaul on the Ferrari engine. All while making people angry, it's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

eh, the best ks make something like 270hp, are probably sickeningly reliable, and the whole swap probably comes to less than a typical overhaul on the ferrari engine. All while making people angry, it's perfect.
                        i am angry

get off meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lawn

Comment

i am angry

get off meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lawn
                          But are you arrabbiato, rabbioso or irrato? Be careful in choosing since one of them also means rusty for some reason.

Comment

I was kinda pissed at first when I saw he was getting a perfect 308 just to cut it up, but for what he's doing, the K really makes sense. It's a light, efficient, powerful motor with good parts availability, both OEM and aftermarket, its available in transverse layout, and it'll cost a literal fraction of the original 308 V8 while saving weight at the same time, not to mention being easier to work on - the factory engine bay is pretty tight. The only arguments I can think of for keeping the V8 is originality, and maintaining the character of the car, neither of which appear to be a consideration here. I still would prefer if he did this to some basket case 308, but getting the nicest example you can find is generally the cheapest and easiest way to go, and although I don't like it, I can't blame him for doing just that. Lastly, of the 308s available, his example is pretty much the worst - a late model US car. If he were doing this to a vetroresina 308, I'd be super pissed.
                            Last edited by rturbo 930; 02-01-2021, 08:16 PM.

Comment

The real question is, once you have a K swapped 70s/80s Ferrari can you still listen to synthwave, or do you need to switch over to the subtly different Eurobeat to pay respects to the JDM heritage?

Comment

Why buy a POS 308 knowing your going to Kswap it other than #forthehaters ... let’s not forget all the fun that his previous projects brought

If his goal was truly to build a badass time attack car then starting with a 308 had one purpose. Internet clickbait
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X