No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crater lake is the most beautiful place I've seen in America, it's not like I haven't seen much:
    • Yellowstone
    • the Tetons
    • Badlands
    • the Black Hills
    • the Smokies
    • the Rockies
    • Grand Canyon
    • The canyon lands of Utah and AZ (horseshoe canyon, glen canyon and antelope canyon)
    • Lassen
    • Mt Shasta
    • Redwoods
    • Plenty of coastlines, beaches and lakes
    I can't even think of a place outside of the US which rivaled Crater Lake either. Not mt Fuji, the alps or the various countrysides and forests of Europe that I've seen. It is a really majestic place. Mountains are beautiful, I love mountains, but a deep blue lake in the middle of a huge Caldera dotted with remnants of snow is really something unique.

Trinidad seems to be an extremely expensive area. I'm satisfied with visiting the west coast to see the nature and not living there.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      Crater lake is the most beautiful place I've seen
      How would recommend somebody goes about visiting? Any specific places to stay or locations to check out?

Currently building a badass coffee table
      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
        How would recommend somebody goes about visiting? Any specific places to stay or locations to check out?
        I flew into Medford and stayed close to Crater Lake in Fort Klamath, about a 35min drive. The little cabins at the Aspen Inn are where I stayed, they are clean but small and it was the closest and most reasonably priced place I could find. Perfect for a place to shower and sleep while after being out all day. There is not much out there in Klamath, I'd recommend it for the thrift and ease of access though. Plenty of campgrounds around. You can also stay north of Crater Lake but everything is a lot further away. You're really limited by the time you want to spend, half of the trails and road around the lake were closed when I was there and we still used two whole days hiking and sightseeing. There are plenty of places nearby too, I went to the rogue river gorge and barr creek falls while I was there. In the park I wanted to hike Mount Scott or Garfield Peak but both were closed, they afford the most complete view of the lake. Snow persists all the way into July and some trails were closed because of it. I hiked discovery point to watchman's peak and that was a moderate length hike with a good view on the peak as payoff, you can see the lake for most of that 5ish hour hike which is great but you have to either hike back or get a ride back to your starting point if you do that. The altitude did get to me on that hike, I was winded climbing the peak trail at the end. Drawbacks of living at 10-15ft above sea level for your whole life

You have to see a sunset or sunrise while you're there, we couldn't watch the sun set over the lake because of the closed roads on the east side but it was still beautiful looking at the mountains west of the lake and the shadows falling across it from the rim.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        - updated 3-17

Comment

I've been slacking on r3v, damn. Summer has been busy as shit.

Lots of vacancies/vacation/injuries at work so I'm covering off something like 4 jobs while running the section.

Garage progress has been slow. It rained the entire month of June, and at least twice a week since.
          We had something like 10" of rain in less than 24h, destroyed a lot of shit around here, but I made out like a bandit because they put the roof on the garage a few hours before it started.
          Can't get a dedicated electrical service to the garage, so the electricians are here trenching to the house. Everything new is built for 200A, but running on a 60A breaker off the house's 200A Panel until I can go back and upgrade.

Kitchen reno going full blast to be done in time for:

My pregnant-as-fuck wife to pop sometime early Oct (It's a girl!)
          Lots of money/time going toward preps on this front.
          Should be taking off work Oct-New Years.

Zero car stuff on the go, everything in some state of broken lol

Originally posted by varg View Post
          This past week I was out of town and had the displeasure of renting a Hyundai Venue. What a hunk of shit, why do cars like this even exist?
          ​
          I had the misfortune of renting one of these piles of shit 2 years ago and it really is a shockingly bad car.
          I tend to think the newer hyundais are pretty decent cars - I've been in a few and was impressed - but that really set me back.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Congrats on a girl! Its a great start
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thank you! As long as she's healthy and I have a kitchen sink and a dishwasher again *before* she arrives, I think I can live with or without just about anything else on my list haha
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Congrats on the girl!

Don't worry, you're not missing much here
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  Congrats on the girl!

Don't worry, you're not missing much here
                  You need to go back to the grow op for our amusement.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

You need to go back to the grow op for our amusement.
                    okay

*dies*

We went a few weeks back to see what was up, since there was no response from the Sheriffs department since March I believe..

It's MASSIVE now... I'm guessing its around a 5-7 acre grow at this point.... Law enforcement seems to not give a fuck, obviously.. Shame our land has been taken from us and we can't do shit for a number of reasons..

It's frustrating to say the least.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

okay

*dies*

We went a few weeks back to see what was up, since there was no response from the Sheriffs department since March I believe..

It's MASSIVE now... I'm guessing its around a 5-7 acre grow at this point.... Law enforcement seems to not give a fuck, obviously.. Shame our land has been taken from us and we can't do shit for a number of reasons..

Two words, drone strike.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Two words, drone strike.
                        Sounding like me after a couple beers

Comment

Any of you stuck at Burning Man? MrBurgundy that seems like your vibe
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

wtf. 5-7 acres? Again, for our amusement, I'd contact some other agencies and give each one some dates and details. Start keeping track of a timeline.

Tell them each that you've contacted others, and if you don't see something done, you're going to the press, THE PRESS *and slam your fist down on a mahogany desk, don't have one? Get one.

But seriously, that is absolutely nuts.
                            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

My local machine shop, which had specialty crank grinding and welding services, has closed. The owner retired, 51 years as a machinist then owner. Sad day, the shop equipment is sold off. One less machine shop in my county, and the only one nearby I had good experiences with.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

We had a catastrophic failure about a year ago with a locomotive. During a failed unit replacement, Dipshit told an employee to remove a hose from an air compressor (that's driven by a driveshaft off the 3600hp, 20,000ft lb. Main engine.) Well, said hose was the oil feed to bearings and crank on the air compressor. It seized in glorious fashion, and spun the drive hub off the main engine crank stub. The stub was replaceable, that's where I come in.

So me and another trusted guy rebuilt the entire gear train of this monster, then installed a new air compressor. Now, it is a 3300hp engine, vs a 3600hp engine. I was trying to narrow down a bad injector today when I got a water pump failure alarm. Checked rhe waterpump, and the impeller is intact and not freewheeling. Odd, so I replaced the pressure sensor.

Started it back up, and I'm still getting the water pump alarm, then the thing bogs down on me at just above idle. I shut it down, and now it won't start again. Cranks, but no fuel.

I really dislike the guy who has a LOT of experience, yet few fucks to give, and the kind of guy who wont educate himself... he'd rather take a guess, who then told someone else to remove that oil line right now, because gremlins are running wild and I'm the one holding the mop.

Anywho, welcome to my absolutely random nonsense Ted talk! Had to vent to someone!
                                Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 09-21-2023, 05:33 PM.
                                No E30 Club
                                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X