No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did anybody else watch top shot tonight? I'm actually glad the 22 year old won. Being 21 myself maybe I feel a little inclined to hope he had won.
    <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
    unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Originally posted by CreamE30 View Post
      did anybody else watch top shot tonight? I'm actually glad the 22 year old won. Being 21 myself maybe I feel a little inclined to hope he had won.

Ill give it 1 more week. It look like a bad case of road rules and real world with guns. The drama makes this show ghey! Needs more lead down range!
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

haha yeah I did get that feel of "real world" which turned me off of it a little. But hell if you want to see more lead downrange just watch that mike guy spend 30 shots trying to hit a target at 100 yards. I'll be honest, I've never looked down the sights of a 1903 springfield, but from what I understand its a notch rear and front blade type. For a professional shooter that he's supposed to be, 30 rounds and only 100 yards is unacceptable. I can hit better with my M44 Mosin that has two ring sights. Thats right, the sights are two rings, they offer no real clarity but for some reason I'm fairly accurate with it.
        <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
        unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

I have a 1903 and was laughing so hard. That gun is really accurate, thats why it has served in our military for so long. I told my roommates Ill be taking that one back out next time to the range.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
            The family collection: Two HK 91's, FAL clone, Colt AR-15, Colt Kodiak .44 mag, S&W .38S, Springfield 1911, HK USP Tactical, HK 45, Benelli M1 Practical

My Hi-Power

My MP5 build in slow progress. Using my dad's HK91 components to verify my receiver's tolerances after bending

uber sexy!!!!!! very similar to my tree
            bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
            sigpic

Comment

back many pages ago, we touched on the topic of reloading. I do some hand reloading on the cheap and was working on some rounds today that I had dialed in the week before. I do not have pictures of the brass prep because this time I sent my brass out to a processor. Being that processing brass is the worst part of the reloading process.

Anyway these are the last few steps of the process. Thought I would share.

I was reloading the following.

LC brass
              H335
              CCI 400
              Nosler custom competition 69 grain

here, I have sorted out the brass, placed primer in the cartridge and measuring out the powder. This was 23.5 grains of H335.

once I got 50 of them measured and poured into the case I go to my make shift bench and ready for the single stage press. LEE die is set to 2.255 for OAL.

placing the Nosler bullet on top of the casing and a quick pull of the handle

the finished product of 50 rounds. Its a bit slow doing it this simple but you get about as perfect as one can get. Much better QC this way over a progressive press.

the Results: 5 rounds at 100 yards. With out the one flier, the grouping would have been a .473 MOA well into the sub MOA range.

Ending.... Awesome day at the range!

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I really need to get into this as a hobby, would keep me off the interwebz a little bit
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Its about $700 to go as cheap as I did for everything needed from processing brass to the end product. Not including powder, brass, bullets, and primers.

Components prices are around their all time highs, picking up range brass can save tons. But nothing better than shooting point on with something you hand rolled. Very rewarding to say the least.

Comment

Any one know what a Smith & Weston model 36/38 Snub Chief Classic is worth? Gun was never shot, new in the box. I bought it for my daughter 10 years ago and she refused to carry it..
                    Thanks
                    Barry
                    Last edited by barry; 06-17-2010, 04:13 PM.

Comment

The sight on the 1903 as they were using the notch is a 547yd battle sight setting. If they would have used the ladder sight the day before and zero'd using that, it would have taken 2 shots at the most.

Actually I was amazed at the Mosin Nagant and the SVT40, they must have had really good bores.

And yep the drama I thought on "Top Shot" was so Highschool.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadrajet View Post

Actually I was amazed at the Mosin Nagant and the SVT40, they must have had really good bores.
                        Moisin's are bad ass, if you have even a decent one you can drop rounds on target at 500+ yards on a man sized target with little to no expertise. Once the bore starts to get hot though they start to track up and left quite a bit. (at least the ones I have shot)
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

sorry guys.. I had to post this.

lmao

Comment

back out to the range today to shoot quarters.

today was a good day!

Comment

Looks like the holes are kinda small :) I love the 308 as you know over 223. Either way thats some good shooting

I think I am gonna go burn up some 45 tomarrow in the back yard. I feel way outta practice. Have shot maybe 125 rounds since feb 2009.

William Pitt-

Comment

I also enjoy the 308 flavor but with prices the way they are Im shooting 223. Ive gotten where I will find time 2 times a week to shoot. I load up 50 rounds of something new and off to go test.

These were the SMK and out of my rifle they are sub par to the Nosler of the same weight. I shoot at a county range with a lot of newbs so I can go shoot 50 rounds and pick up 500 rounds of brass. It keeps me out of trouble :)

1 thing though, summer is here in south Florida! Its freaking HOT!

with that quarter I tired 3 shots, but the second up top pushed the quarter back in the paper and was not visible. Always next time. Nickles and Dimes to come!

Comment

Working...
                                X