Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much have you spent on your BMW?

Hello Members,

I was just wondering how much you have spent on your BMW. I'm up to $13,000.

Patrick

why would you ever want to know, is the real question. the thought of that makes me sick. lol
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I just want to see if people paid much more than I. I just totaled up my receipts and it just blew my mind.

Comment

I've had the same car for 20 years... ~36k sent from hell using Tapatalk
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        '90 325i sedan daily driven
        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

The E30 is right around $12k since late 2015, almost triple what has been spent on my E39 since early 2012. E30 work includes an M30 swap w/ 5 speed though so that is a big chunk of that money.

I used to track everything I spent, but after the engine swap I realized that I don't want any other car so any cost to maintain/modify is justified as long as I have the money.
          1986 325e Pearl White on Grey Houndstooth 24x,xxx miles M30b35 Swapped
          2002 525i Jet Black on Sand Beige 13x,xxx miles
          "This 2.5 liter inline six cylinder is smoother than my silk Versace underwear." -Vehicle Virgins

Comment

I always keep track of the money spent but try not to look at that total haha
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I am at like 7-8k in parts w/ a full suspension refresh, Apex Arc 8s, M30 swap, Megasquirt and redoing my interior over two years with probably 1k miles on it lol.
              I am never looking at costs again.
              85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

my hard top, probably around 5k.

suspension, m20 refresh, fresh interior and a few replacement parts along the line of 4 years of ownership.

spent 5k on the car, so it's pretty awesome for a 10k car.
                Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                Q
                :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  I always keep track of the money spent but try not to look at that total haha
                  I had some time today and I totaled my receipts. It's a slow process but it's amazing how the total gets so high. And I'm still not done yet.

Comment

personally... i will never buy another car. so the point is mute. like I said... 20 years in the seat... 5 timing belts and every hose, many belts and every piece of rubber and more... rims many sets of tires, barrel of oil and gallons of coolant... filters galore... the list goes on... and on as does the odometer currently at 301.8k... it's a daily BTW. sent from hell using Tapatalk
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                      personally... i will never buy another car. so the point is mute. like I said... 20 years in the seat... 5 timing belts and every hose, many belts and every piece of rubber and more... rims many sets of tires, barrel of oil and gallons of coolant... filters galore... the list goes on... and on as does the odometer currently at 301.8k... it's a daily BTW. sent from hell using Tapatalk
                      Timing belts every 4 years? You maniac, you're really living on the edge!

Comment

I had my totals in a spreadsheet and let it get lost on the interwebz without any intention of ever returning to the data to avoid sadness and fire sale
                        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                          Timing belts every 4 years? You maniac, you're really living on the edge!
                          bought it with 117k changed the belt...that's 1 + 60 +60 +60 is 297 for 4 just changed it at 298 is 5 belts... I drive my coffin. sent from hell using Tapatalk
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Way too much.
                            Screw it I am having fun.

But I'm convincing myself that all the $$$ in replacing 30 year old parts is an investment for the next 30 years.
                            E30 320i vert
                            But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

Had my last E30 for 9 years. Kept track of all of the receipts through ownership, but never added them up. I did tally them up when I went to sell it. I stopped counting after I surpassed $30,000.

It was ugly, but it would decimate 911's, Ferrari's, and anything else on the 5 and 15 freeways near San Diego.

Oh how I miss it.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                              X