Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

I'm with Roguetoaster, more or less. Yes, I'd be skeptical especially of the NYPost and FoxNews crap you post, and surely, if you walk through that area, give us an unbiased report, firsthand. Looking forward to it.
    yes, well guess what. I visit Seattle all the time, My son and daughter in law live in Ballard, he works at a high end restaurant, we spend time in Seattle. I can tell you from first hand experience the democrats have ruined a beautiful city.
    What does it say when the mayor and our dumb as a stone governor (who said he didn't know about CHAZ) allow rampant in your face drug usage, people shitting in public, drunks aggressively panhandling in the downtown core, allowing rioters to completely wreck the city without recourse.
    Why the fuck would any business locate in Seattle when they now know the mayor and governor do NOT have their back on basic safety from lunatics like BLM and Antifa.
    You think this is all in the name of compassion. Bullshit.
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post

yes, well guess what. I visit Seattle all the time, My son and daughter in law live in Ballard, he works at a high end restaurant, we spend time in Seattle. I can tell you from first hand experience the democrats have ruined a beautiful city.
      What does it say when the mayor and our dumb as a stone governor (who said he didn't know about CHAZ) allow rampant in your face drug usage, people shitting in public, drunks aggressively panhandling in the downtown core, allowing rioters to completely wreck the city without recourse.
      Why the fuck would any business locate in Seattle when they now know the mayor and governor do NOT have their back on basic safety from lunatics like BLM and Antifa.
      You think this is all in the name of compassion. Bullshit.
      What should local government's response be? Seriously, have "rioters completely wrecked the city?" Is BLM and "Antifa" really to blame for these problems? Maybe other people who live right there can chime in.

Let's acknowledge there's a whole lot of other people in that large city pooping in the streets, using drugs, making a mess, as well as opportunists exploiting disorder. And Seattle definitely often looks like a Kindergarten in comparison to hellish parts of LA near me. How can things be kept orderly and clean and safe? Is it even possible when so many people are triggered and upset or un/underemployed or homeless and desperate or lost? What are the real core problems here?

I've lived & worked in too many places in the US and overseas, and certainly no major city is perfect. In my opinion, though, Seattle's on the upper end of the bracket, all things considered.
      Last edited by phillipj; 06-26-2020, 05:58 PM.
      1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

it continues to boggle my mind how far-right conservatives insist activists are "destroying the country" while the president is attempting to dismantle what shitty health care options we have *in the middle of a fucking pandemic*

show me one person that antifa or BLM have killed. drumpf's response to covid-19 has killed many thousands, and he's still working on it

https://abcnews.go.com/US/amid-pande...overturn/story
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

what does a shitty health car plan cover though?
          is it basically free for welfare ppl?

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
            it continues to boggle my mind how far-right conservatives insist activists are "destroying the country" while the president is attempting to dismantle what shitty health care options we have *in the middle of a fucking pandemic*

show me one person that antifa or BLM have killed. drumpf's response to covid-19 has killed many thousands, and he's still working on it

https://abcnews.go.com/US/amid-pande...overturn/story
            It'd be difficult to write a fictional book this sad and awful. Yeah, what a fantastic time to further knee-cap or disrupt health care. A year ago exactly Trump promised to unveil a "phenomenal new health care plan" that he said would "be less expensive than Obamacare by a lot." He said his proposal would be out “in about two months, maybe less."

Nothing ever happened.

The Trump administration is asking the Supreme Court to completely strike down Obamacare.
            Last edited by phillipj; 06-26-2020, 05:59 PM.

Comment

It'd be difficult to write a fictional book this sad and awful. Yeah, what a fantastic time to further knee-cap or disrupt health care. A year ago exactly Trump promised to unveil a "phenomenal new health care plan" that he said would "be less expensive than Obamacare by a lot." He said his proposal would be out “in about two months, maybe less."

Nothing ever happened.

not that you'd enjoy it right now if you haven't already read it, but the challenge of "a book this bad" reminded me of john brunner's "the sheep look up"
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

not that you'd enjoy it right now if you haven't already read it, but the challenge of "a book this bad" reminded me of john brunner's "the sheep look up"
                Thanks for the suggestion, reading the synopsis it sounds like that author fifty years ago predicted Presidential leadership now. I normally love dystopian future books or movies, but the last months make it hit almost too close to home. I think the best protest sign I've seen in recent times was something like "Please wake me up from this episode of Black Mirror." And, yeah you laugh... but then you realize it's no joke.

I see today's dire events and propaganda response and sometimes it makes me think of "1984" ie. "war is peace" / "ignorance is strength" etc. and I also think of "They Live" with the "consume" / "conform" / "obey" subtext all around us. It's terrible and unfortunate, but it makes perfect sense we have a person like Trump at the helm of the United States in times like these: a reality show con-man with no plan except to enrich & glorify himself.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ak5ejwle2li01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	9935200
                Click image for larger version  Name:	1984-Story-pic-900x675.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.7 KB ID:	9935205
                Last edited by phillipj; 06-27-2020, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Pretty sure the current situation is more accurately represented by "Idiocracy."

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    Pretty sure the current situation is more accurately represented by "Idiocracy."
                    +1234

Who knew "Idiocracy 2" would be a documentary

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, reading the synopsis it sounds like that author fifty years ago predicted Presidential leadership now
                      there's also a viral plague and environmental disaster and civil unrest and well... *looks around and gestures at everything*
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

fifty years ago predicted Presidential leadership now.
                        ALMOST 50. Don't remind me..... :p

john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, reading the synopsis it sounds like that author fifty years ago predicted Presidential leadership now. I normally love dystopian future books or movies, but the last months make it hit almost too close to home. I think the best protest sign I've seen in recent times was something like "Please wake me up from this episode of Black Mirror." And, yeah you laugh... but then you realize it's no joke.

I see today's dire events and propaganda response and sometimes it makes me think of "1984" ie. "war is peace" / "ignorance is strength" etc. and I also think of "They Live" with the "consume" / "conform" / "obey" subtext all around us. It's terrible and unfortunate, but it makes perfect sense we have a person like Trump at the helm of the United States in times like these: a reality show con-man with no plan except to enrich & glorify himself.

Click image for larger version Name:	ak5ejwle2li01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	9935200
                          Click image for larger version Name:	1984-Story-pic-900x675.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.7 KB ID:	9935205
                          If you are going to watch They Live, add Robocop and Lawnmower man to the list - - -

Comment

Originally posted by packratbimmer View Post

If you are going to watch They Live, add Robocop and Lawnmower man to the list - - -
                            Maybe it's because I saw them when they debuted, but Robocop is rather silly - Lawnmower Man was better, but if you want good Dystopian classics, check out "1984", "Clockwork Orange" or "Loan's Run".
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

you mean Logan's Run?

What a weird movie. I watched it as a kid on TV - they must have edited out all of the orgy scenes, because I definitely don't remember anything about that. lol. But yeah that movie was definitely memorable and still pretty watchable today. I think it was filmed in Austin Texas?
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

seriously, if BLM really meant BLM, where is the outrage of the shooting death of a 16 yr old black teenager last night? if the teen had been shot by police, would antifa and BLM be rioting in downtown Seattle again?
                                BLM is not about black lives, and antifa is not about facism.
                                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X