This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
    Does anyone have a MIG/TIG welder locally that would be willing to run about a 3" bead on an exhaust manifold for me for like a 6 pack of beer? I only have my flux core and don't wanna yuck it up.
    I have a MIG welder, I can take a look at what you need done, Should be able to help you out. What do you need it welded for?
    Last edited by TheRob; 03-12-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Does anyone have a MIG/TIG welder locally that would be willing to run about a 3" bead on an exhaust manifold for me for like a 6 pack of beer? I only have my flux core and don't wanna yuck it up.
      I can, PM me, I have been pretty quite on here but I can do it if you are still looking, I am located in Burbank

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
      Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Originally posted by sileighty View Post
        So my transmission blew up and now I have to get a replacement installed + new clutch kit since mine seems to be the original. I got everything taken apart during the weekend and now I'm trying to get the flywheel lightened to 12lb because I read that it makes the car a lot more fun to rev, and I pretty much bought the car just to do rallycross/autocross etc with.

I called a couple machine shops, one didn't answer, the other asked me for specifications on where he could take material off and of course I had no answer to this question, I'm doing this all for the first time. Does anyone know where I can get my flywheel lightened/resurfaced/balanced? I don't really know what to tell the machinist if they have questions about machining it so I'm looking for someone who already knows what to do for our flywheels. Looking for some place in the IE but if it's farther I'll make the trip. My roommate is going on vacation soon so I'm trying to get my car back together quick, but if it comes down to it I'll just get it resurfaced without any extra lightening.

I just did this recently at Vellios Machine Shop in the South Bay.

Before

After

Look closely and you’ll see where to take the weight off
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thanks I'll give that a try :up:

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
            I can, PM me, I have been pretty quite on here but I can do it if you are still looking, I am located in Burbank
            Sent you a PM. Thank you!

-NICK

Comment

anyone have a front bumper for sale? still trying to fix my cracked bumper from some asshole that backed into it. preferably alpine 2. PM me.

Comment

Ok, really dumb question but can you guys school me on the difference between the half shaft on an e30 and a 02. Could one seemingly re-drill the differential flanges on an e30 diff to bolt to a 02 half shaft?

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                  Ok, really dumb question but can you guys school me on the difference between the half shaft on an e30 and a 02. Could one seemingly re-drill the differential flanges on an e30 diff to bolt to a 02 half shaft?
                  I'm assuming you're using an e30 diff in your 2002, if so, if you scroll down a few comments in that link someone has made it work using a combination of different BMW half shafts. I think the shafts are just shorter on the E10.

Surprisingly not too much information out there. I know that a kit is (or was) available that included a modified subframe and axles.... but the price is crazy. So i'm considering doing the work myself. What's different? Are all flanges (including the one that attaches to the driveshaft) differen...

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Before

After

Kinda hard to tell at first but its noticeable, looks like it makes a whole lot of difference.
                    Originally posted by dvck
                    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                      Fuck facebook.
                      fuck facebook
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      '90 325i sedan daily driven
                      '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
                        I'm assuming you're using an e30 diff in your 2002, if so, if you scroll down a few comments in that link someone has made it work using a combination of different BMW half shafts. I think the shafts are just shorter on the E10.

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/to...erential-swap/

Thanks ill check it out

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Before

After

Neat! Ingenious.

I'm driving up to Big Bear this weekend. Any car-care tips for the snow/freezing weather? Any special precautions to take?

I once heard something about spraying something in the door locks to preserve them; what spray?
                          Last edited by Chilezen; 03-16-2018, 01:03 PM. Reason: Words

Currently building a badass coffee table
                          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

No tubular manifold. It’s not a repair/patch job.
                            My mig is actually currently setup for stainless. I'm in lake balboa 91406 pm me

edit: lol looks like I was a bit late on this. Oh well, if you still need help hmu
                            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                              My mig is actually currently setup for stainless. I'm in lake balboa 91406 pm me

edit: lol looks like I was a bit late on this. Oh well, if you still need help hmu
                              Thanks Charlie, but Chris helped me out this week!

-NICK

Comment

Anyone have clear lamin x headlight film? Trade you for my smoked set, gonna smoke my headlights & rock the clear film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X