Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I went ahead and got a silver tag e36 from them . I didn’t go e46 because of something about vented tie rods or something . Oh well I just needed a new rack period not a racecar so I don’t think I needed the z3 rack . Still an upgrade over the stock e30 . He said about two weeks to receive it so I’m guessing they have to rebuild one that they don’t have one ready to go . I’ll see how it goes

Comment

What up???
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Chillin
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Will you be attending the Midtown X-ings Meet this month? I want to see your "new project"

Comment

I'm almost done piecing together parts for my swap. Good lord it's more than I expected, and I knew it would be a lot for trying to BAR an M52. Currently I am finalizing decisions on how to build the exhaust, so I can buy the materials for it.

Ooooo yes, the meet could use a little Italian bird in the picture <3

Currently building a badass coffee table
            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
              I'm almost done piecing together parts for my swap. Good lord it's more than I expected, and I knew it would be a lot for trying to BAR an M52. Currently I am finalizing decisions on how to build the exhaust, so I can buy the materials for it.

Ooooo yes, the meet could use a little Italian bird in the picture <3
              If you could share your setup I would appreciate it . Almost getting ready to do an s50 obd1 and am trying to bar it . I have the stock e36 down pipe and cats but I think the downpipe needs to be modified and then I’m doing a custom catback not sure on the setup there yet also maybe a 2-1 single 2.5 and a muffler not sure which

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                Will you be attending the Midtown X-ings Meet this month? I want to see your "new project"
                Unfortunately this month i doubt the Alfa will be there. I just parked it to put it up on the jack stands for the Alfaholics suspension upgrade. I doubt I can get it done in ~10 days, but you never know...
                Last edited by 2mAn; 07-20-2021, 09:34 AM.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by prisonerofdoom83 View Post
                  If you could share your setup I would appreciate it . Almost getting ready to do an s50 obd1 and am trying to bar it . I have the stock e36 down pipe and cats but I think the downpipe needs to be modified and then I’m doing a custom catback not sure on the setup there yet also maybe a 2-1 single 2.5 and a muffler not sure which
                  I can help with some things, like the exhaust, but honestly there's more information for legal OBDI setups out there than I am able to provide.
                  From what I understand, most people take the car to an exhaust shop to have them build one on the car. Or they find a way to incorporate their existing E30 setup. I have chosen to build mine from scratch, from stainless steel, because I can; I work at a fabrication shop. However, I don't have the opportunity to make copies or work on other cars here.
                  The downpipes are 1.75" stock, then they appear to become 2.25" but that's a double-walled system to maintain heat inside the pipes. I'm just going to build the 1.75" downpipes to fit over the subframe & CAB and into my own Y pipe, and maybe cover it with heat wrap. Then it sizes up to a single 2.25" pipe to meet the cat. I'm BARring this as a Z3, which only uses one cat. After that, it gets sized up to 2.5", to a V band, then piping to a resonator and a single-in dual-out muffler, with custom tips. I haven't actually built any of it yet, but that's the plan.

Anyway if you haven't already, check out the 24V swap section in this forum, that's a great place to start for the rest of the emissions stuff pertaining to your S50.

Comment

Bump for Midtown X-ings meet!!!

Comment

any input from anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

I can help with some things, like the exhaust, but honestly there's more information for legal OBDI setups out there than I am able to provide.
                        From what I understand, most people take the car to an exhaust shop to have them build one on the car. Or they find a way to incorporate their existing E30 setup. I have chosen to build mine from scratch, from stainless steel, because I can; I work at a fabrication shop. However, I don't have the opportunity to make copies or work on other cars here.
                        The downpipes are 1.75" stock, then they appear to become 2.25" but that's a double-walled system to maintain heat inside the pipes. I'm just going to build the 1.75" downpipes to fit over the subframe & CAB and into my own Y pipe, and maybe cover it with heat wrap. Then it sizes up to a single 2.25" pipe to meet the cat. I'm BARring this as a Z3, which only uses one cat. After that, it gets sized up to 2.5", to a V band, then piping to a resonator and a single-in dual-out muffler, with custom tips. I haven't actually built any of it yet, but that's the plan.

Anyway if you haven't already, check out the 24V swap section in this forum, that's a great place to start for the rest of the emissions stuff pertaining to your S50.
                        That sounds like a amazing setup up
                        I was hoping to use the stock downpipe and cats then do a custom catback to a strömung muffler . I am hoping to BAR it and I don’t necessarily want it to be loud .

do you know anything about the treehouse style control arm bushings to create more clearance for the stock headers/downpipe

Comment

That sounds like a amazing setup up
                          I was hoping to use the stock downpipe and cats then do a custom catback to a strömung muffler . I am hoping to BAR it and I don’t necessarily want it to be loud .

do you know anything about the treehouse style control arm bushings to create more clearance for the stock headers/downpipe
                          Check out this thread. Shows the eyeball arms with a stock obd1 e36 midsection in post #112.

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post

Check out this thread. Shows the eyeball arms with a stock obd1 e36 midsection in post #112.

whoa that is the exact type of info I was looking for . Thanks man

Comment

My goal is to build my downpipes around the stock CAB; I want to keep the rubber bushings for a decent ride quality.

Yeah he knocked down the subframe to get the pipes to fit as well. I hope to not do that, but I'll see when the times comes.

Comment

Do you know anything about the treehouse style control arm bushings to create more clearance for the stock headers/downpipe
                                if you're interested in the treehouse lollipops I have a set for $70 picked up in L.A, just let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X