This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
    But my car was already black! The new color still has "black" in the name of it. ;)
    Technicalities.

I'm thinking along the lines of a full re spray in a 1967 color, I like the beige when it's pristine but it's still not as fun as a red, orange or even green. We'll see I'm currently re doing wiring, it's got a ways to go
    sigpic

Comment

Do green, and do amazon or tundra or whatever the hell that green is called.

This green:

world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

You know what needs to be done. Green on green.

Comment

Oh wow, I hadn't seen tundra green, the Laguna e30 would love a cousin
          sigpic

Comment

Spent more money than I thought today, all car parts, new water pump,head gasket, valve cover gasket, timing belt, timing belt pin, timing belt spring,and some other parts a I can't remember. Who wants to be a good r3ver and give a helping hand
            Originally posted by dvck
            I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
              simon, you want that lower part of the crimp to catch on to the insulation
              +1. This is correct; one crimp is for the insulation to relieve any stress on the wire.

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
              Do green, and do amazon or tundra or whatever the hell that green is called. This green:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/7109...ead/?p=1004871
              That green does look excellent on an 02!

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
              Spent more money than I thought today, all car parts, new water pump,head gasket, valve cover gasket, timing belt, timing belt pin, timing belt spring,and some other parts a I can't remember. Who wants to be a good r3ver and give a helping hand
              I never understood why the pin also should be replaced. It's not a wear item, it's just a pin. Oh well. Hope you also got the water pump gasket too. And those rubber boots for the rocker shafts. Hell, you should also do the cam seal too!

Currently building a badass coffee table
              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

When are you working on your car steelo? I may have time this weekend
                sigpic

Comment

SUP SCGC.

I've waited long enough to replace my rear wheel bearing.

Who has the magical tool and would let me borrow it so I can get 'er done more quickly. Please?
                  Any tips and or help would be greatly appreciated.

On another note, is there a writeup on how to change out your e-brake/hand-brake/parking-brake shoes?

I hope you liked my visual display of photos.

:coolphoto:
                  Last edited by thebutcher37; 02-26-2015, 01:05 PM.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                    simon, you want that lower part of the crimp to catch on to the insulation
                    Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                    +1. This is correct; one crimp is for the insulation to relieve any stress on the wire.

That green does look excellent on an 02!

I never understood why the pin also should be replaced. It's not a wear item, it's just a pin. Oh well. Hope you also got the water pump gasket too. And those rubber boots for the rocker shafts. Hell, you should also do the cam seal too!
                    Thanks guys. I am probably going to tackle it tomorrow. Thought I'd have time today but between getting under one dirty E30, having the best fish burrito of my life, and spending time with some beautiful people I didn't get around to it... Rough life
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post
                      Who has the magical tool and would let me borrow it so I can get 'er done more quickly. Please?
                      Any tips and or help would be greatly appreciated.

On another note, is there a writeup on how to change out your e-brake/hand-brake/parking-brake shoes
                      I tackled replacing my e-brake cable last month; my first experience with "drum brakes," minus the fluid. I did have a Haynes manual nearby but hardly glanced at it. Pretty straightforward, just reloading the springs took a few tries and leverage. Replacing the cable required removal of the entire brake assembly, so, yeah. When you take things off, make sure they return in their correct orientation.

What is the magical tool you need for the wheel bearing?

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      ...getting under one dirty E30, having the best fish burrito of my life, and spending time with some beautiful people... Rough life
                      dat SoCal lifestyle

Currently building a badass coffee table
                      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Morning people of SoCal. :yawn:
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
                          When are you working on your car steelo? I may have time this weekend
                          I want to get it done this weekend I have sat and Sunday off. The earlier the better.
                          Originally posted by dvck
                          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

anyone have a pair of 4x100 16-17" wheels i can borrow for a few months?
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                              What is the magical tool you need for the wheel bearing?
                              Thanks for the info. Hopefully its not much of a hassle since Im just changing out the brake shoes.

The magical wheel bearing tool is the bearing puller/pusher from Harbor freight, i believe.

Anybody loaning tools?

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post
                                Thanks for the info. Hopefully its not much of a hassle since Im just changing out the brake shoes.

The magical wheel bearing tool is the bearing puller/pusher from Harbor freight, i believe.

Anybody loaning tools?
                                this tool works good. I'd recommend using a air gun to loosen and tighten/loosen the nut. Much faster that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X