This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Thats probably what Im going to do with the camber plates, but combine that with the coilover springs/ adjusters from them and it closing in on $1000! Probably going to get new camber plates for peace of mind, and hoping to find the springs elsewhere since its just a basic spring that can be bought anywhere. Im looking at Summit right now.

Thinking 6" length, 2.5" ID with a 500# rate up front, not sure on the length for the rear though, but thinking 6-650# in the back.

Thoughts?
    are you looking for front or rear?
    i was thinking about just buying the coilover kit from GC and have someone do all the welding work.
    Originally posted by dvck
    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Ground control are rebranded *eibach springs*, you can also look at hyperco springs, they come in a lot of sizes and diameters.
      I have a set of camber plates from I.E., that I haven't used in a long time. You could have them for $50 as you will need to purchase new spherical bearings and the small washers from I.E.
      Let me know if you want to cop'em, I'll meet up with you.
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Sina I checked storage and I only have racing dynamics (5x120) for an E36, sorry man.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in buying an E36 M3 let me know ;)

1991 325i
        flickr
        @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
          are you looking for front or rear?
          i was thinking about just buying the coilover kit from GC and have someone do all the welding work.
          I actually hit up Nigel (you guys remember him!?!?! ) and hes going to get me the hypercoils, best deal out there.

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
          I have a set of camber plates from I.E., that I haven't used in a long time. You could have them for $50 as you will need to purchase new spherical bearings and the small washers from I.E.
          Let me know if you want to cop'em, I'll meet up with you.
          which ones?

#1 Street Adjustable

#2 Street & Track

OR
          #3 Spec E30

I will let you know, I think this is something I might have to just cough up the dough and send it to GC because I think they have the best quality camber plates, but I will text you tomorrow and let you know either way.

The only thing left for me now is that I need rear adjusters, might just buy those from IE also since they seem to have the a good (overpriced) set
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I've heard a couple people say the IE camber plates squeak after a while, something about the bearings going bad? I dunno. I like my GC setup. I opted for the softest springs they offer, I wouldn't want to go any stiffer.

Currently building a badass coffee table
            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
              I've heard a couple people say the IE camber plates squeak after a while, something about the bearings going bad? I dunno. I like my GC setup. I opted for the softest springs they offer, I wouldn't want to go any stiffer.
              You're definitely right about your comment in regards to I.E., which is why I removed mine and went GC as well. I just offered them cheap, as a temporary fix to see if that's what he's looking for.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I'm going with GC also, just doesn't make sense to do this now and save a few bucks when I'll probably want to upgrade it later and spend the same money again on installation and alignment
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

For sure

Comment

Hey guys i really need some help with This terrible misfire my car is having

Problem: Horrible misfire from 2-3k rpm, if you can get the engine to rev past that it will pull hard to redline. But from 2-3k the engine will buck and misfire terribly. Engine idles fine both hot and cold. Will not maintain speed on highway.
                    Things I've checked:
                    Fuel pump ( 36-39 PSI) replaced fuel pump and got same number)
                    Fuel pressure regulator ( when vac hose is pulled off pressure rises 5-7PSI)
                    CPS ( 540ohm and very clean on the end)
                    Coil ( resistance was a tad high but i replaced it and got almost the same number with a different coil)
                    Plug leads all are in good condition
                    Cap and rotor were done less then 5k ago and when i pulled the engine they looked brand new.
                    Intake boot is brand new
                    Fuel lines are good condition
                    TPS is new and responds perfectly to stomp test
                    Spark plugs are pretty new
                    O2 sensor is new
                    Grounds are good (tested with multimeter from intake manifold to shock tower)
                    All upper gaskets new ( head gasket is good, no mixing)
                    Fresh oil and filter
                    New fuel pump relay
                    new gates racing timing belt and tensioner
                    no overheating issues
                    Engine starts quickly every time.
                    I'm really running out of ideas here, my friend is bringing over a different ECU later to try and see if its that.
                    I will post a video in the morning but i really really need to get this fixed tomorrow.
                    Thanks guys im kinda desperate at this point
                    88 325is Five Speed
                    Lachssilber

Comment

maybe the ecu is taking a dump
                      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                      Q
                      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                        maybe the ecu is taking a dump
                        swapped the ECU with a good one and it didn't make a difference
                        88 325is Five Speed
                        Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                          swapped the ECU with a good one and it didn't make a difference
                          maybe the throttle body is fucked up, take the boot off and see whats up

I had a car come through once, and that was the problem

Edit, reply to me in your thread
                          Last edited by MrBurgundy; 01-28-2017, 02:06 PM.
                          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                          Q
                          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

What about afm?

Comment

Hey, so........ I think this is gonna happen and I'd like know if I can get any of y'all, interested in purchasing any locally?

If not? it's cool, thanks for looking regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                                Hey, so........ I think this is gonna happen and I'd like know if I can get any of y'all, interested in purchasing any locally?

If not? it's cool, thanks for looking regardless.
                                Oooh that looks clean. Are you thinking of just making them in black? Or are you thinking of other color schemes?
                                Originally posted by dvck
                                I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X