This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    just use one of these - https://www.amazon.com/Shankly-Capac...omotive&sr=1-5

it has tons of other uses as well. I use mine for getting inner bearing races off E30 rear hubs, driveshaft CSBs, and a variety of random stuff.
    wow I feel stupid for not having this already
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

So the replacement engine started last night on the first try! Unfortunately I cross-threaded the clutch line to my brand new slave cylinder. So now I'm trying to fix the threads. Lame.

it has tons of other uses as well. I use mine for getting inner bearing races off E30 rear hubs, driveshaft CSBs, and a variety of random stuff.
      hahaha, thats essentially the BavAuto tool for 1/5th the price! your tool is actually more useful than the BavAuto tool!
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

y'all are welcome :)

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
        For installation, lube up the bushing and spindle with Sil-Glyde and push on by hand.
        PSA - don't do this. if the inner surface of the CAB slides on the control arm (like it will with lube on it) it will wear out quickly. originally BMW spec'd a "glue" for installing these that basically did the opposite. it's not available anymore, the current advice is to either install them dry (grow some muscles) or use windex for temporary lubrication.
        cars beep boop

Comment

anyone got some bunk sport seats theyre looking to sell on the low?
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

PSA - don't do this. if the inner surface of the CAB slides on the control arm (like it will with lube on it) it will wear out quickly. originally BMW spec'd a "glue" for installing these that basically did the opposite. it's not available anymore, the current advice is to either install them dry (grow some muscles) or use windex for temporary lubrication.
            I guess that's a good point for certain lubes, although I've never noticed an issue in the years I've used Sil-Glyde. If you use just enough to make everything slide, it all gets absorbed into the rubber. I also use it to help get stubborn coolant hoses on. I've noticed that once it gets absorbed, it makes the rubber a little sticky and helps to glue it in place. If you let it sit for an hour, the CAB is securely stuck in place.
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Thank you [emoji120] Also found it at harbor freight and with their coupons you can get one for like $40.

Comment

I'd like to get some camber plates because I'm tired of burning through tires and want more contact patch. The car currently has H&R Race springs with Bilstein Sport shocks. I think I'm leaning towards GC e30 Sport camber plates based on the price compared to Vorshlag, and they have a nicer finish compared to IE. I guess CATuned is also an option?

Anything else I should be considering? Also, what's with the having to specify a strut type? I currently have Bilstein's, but may want to switch to Koni's in the future...
                sigpic

Comment

(pasted from socal chat) Anyone driving up to the bay area anytime soon? Gonna buy a set of sport seats from the LA area and need em moved up north. I'd obviously pay for your efforts
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Has anyone gotten a false Carfax before, specifically one with incorrect mileage? And has anyone heard of NMVTIS reports?

I just picked up another e30 and ran the Carfax (which came back clean) before handing over cash, but I was doing a bit more research after the sale and read about these NVMTIS report. I decided to run one and the mileage came back different than the Carfax. I've sent a claim to Carfax already because they apparently have a Buyback guarantee if they don't supply correct mileage, still waiting on a response.

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                      I'd like to get some camber plates because I'm tired of burning through tires and want more contact patch. The car currently has H&R Race springs with Bilstein Sport shocks. I think I'm leaning towards GC e30 Sport camber plates based on the price compared to Vorshlag, and they have a nicer finish compared to IE. I guess CATuned is also an option?

Anything else I should be considering? Also, what's with the having to specify a strut type? I currently have Bilstein's, but may want to switch to Koni's in the future...
                      I've got some GC race camber plates that I replaced with Vorshalgs, Make me an offer I can't refuse and they are yours.

Will
                      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Anyone in the east bay have a 46mm socket I could borrow or know where I can buy one? Already tried all the auto parts places, sears and HF.
                        1988 325iC SOLD
                        1985 524td 49k

Comment

Anyone in Sacramento area know where I can take my e30 s50? Got it running, but I want them to "clean" it up and have it run properly. Recommendations? Hopefully ones that won't break the bank, thank you!

Comment

Look up Ryan GMW. Ryan’s shop is located in Auburn. There’s also, I believe, VM Motorwerks somewhere in sac.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by ykarabala View Post
                              Anyone in Sacramento area know where I can take my e30 s50? Got it running, but I want them to "clean" it up and have it run properly. Recommendations? Hopefully ones that won't break the bank, thank you!
                              HMB Motorwerks
                              SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                              IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Looking for an autobody shop that can take a look at my frame rails on my E30.

PO was in a collision where she rear ended and front frame rail behind metal bumper is looks fucked.

I have a section of the frame rail that I got from somebody which could replace about 7-8" going back... could this be cut/welded in?

Open to opinions.
                                JP
                                WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
                                88 325 super eta
                                00 528i/5 (daily)
                                02 530iA sport

Former
                                04 525iA sport
                                87 325is
                                91 325i
                                97 528i

Comment

Working...
                                X