Timing Belt Party / Check - In

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • downforce22
    replied
    Originally posted by stoliver54
    So my next question would be, anybody want to buy a two wheel drive 88 iX with nice interior for $8,000?
    sounds like a great deal!!:roll:


    Leave a comment:


  • stoliver54
    replied
    So my next question would be, anybody want to buy a two wheel drive 88 iX with nice interior for $8,000?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by stoliver54
    my quick research for engine weights led me here:
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/engine_faq.php

    The V12 would be frickin awesome, but most likely you would have to stick with the auto trans, I understand the going rate for the Getrag S6S 560G is your first born and your left nut plus tax and shipping. I have always loved the E31s but really wanted one with a 6 speed and this is what shattered my dreams :(

    But back on topic, I was thinking about trying to bring an air compressor and some tools to try and speed things up a bit on Friday. (may have to do a Zombie style transport) Does anyone else have pneumatic tools that they want to bring? It will give us more time to work on Bens now VAC famous car ;)
    Actually, there's a 6spd 850i for sale on roadfly for $8k.....

    You can swap the V12 and use the e30 325i G260(i think that's the one) 5spd box, you just need to machine an adapter plate. I just so happen to have access to solidworks, mastercam, and a full cnc machine shop...... 5spd 4.10 cammed V12 ftmfw.

    The V12 swap's doable on a GRM budget, but we wouldn't have cash for suspension or brakes or wheels/tires if we did. But...if my car doesn't sell....muahahahahahaha

    Leave a comment:


  • stoliver54
    replied
    my quick research for engine weights led me here:
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/engine_faq.php

    The V12 would be frickin awesome, but most likely you would have to stick with the auto trans, I understand the going rate for the Getrag S6S 560G is your first born and your left nut plus tax and shipping. I have always loved the E31s but really wanted one with a 6 speed and this is what shattered my dreams :(

    But back on topic, I was thinking about trying to bring an air compressor and some tools to try and speed things up a bit on Friday. (may have to do a Zombie style transport) Does anyone else have pneumatic tools that they want to bring? It will give us more time to work on Bens now VAC famous car ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Ya.....I'll probably just swap my car (and cam that bitch) instead since a V12's probably out of the budget. Coils, tires, and wheels are more important for GRM anyway. Healthy M20 + turbo = win. Or mercedes Roots charger.....that'd be awesome.

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    not sure that would fit in the budget though, although the bad-assness would be astounding. Val and his little V8 will have to go sit in the corner.... ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by stoliver54
    How exactly is a M70 lighter than an S50 or S54?

    I know it has an alum block, but I am pretty sure the M70 is still a little heavier. Power to weight I think you are right though, and that mountain of torque would be sweet.
    I've heard it's only 40 lbs heavier since it's aluminum block and heads, but the only data I can find online says it's as heavy as a euro S50, so 330lbs. Dunno which to believe honestly, this is for complete motor with ancillaries.

    The M73 can't be cammed (like it matters for this build) but is a good bit lighter than an M70 and has 326 hp and 361 ftlbs. 5.4L 361 ft-lbs!!!!!

    M70: 300/326 hp/ft-lbs, max stock rpm 6400. heavier, but can be Schrick'd.
    M73: 326/361 hp/ft-lbs, max stock rpm 6400. Lighter, but less tuning potential

    Megasquirt either to 7000 + custom fabbed long tube headers = winnnnn!

    Dyno of six speed converted M73:

    and a vid of a cammed ITB M70 in an Ultima:


    ^ours wouldn't sound like that....but goddamn.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Originally posted by Be30mer
    hey bishop, this is off topic, but did you know that VacMotorsports is using your picture on their website? Just thought Id point it out.
    http://www.nexternal.com/vacmotors/a...e30-p2297.aspx
    Huh, I didn't know VAC was going to be using the pics....
    Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath
    ha ha that's awesome!!! great find! Ben, I would call up, and threaten to sue on copyright infringement and get a big settlement, and then..... S50 time!!!
    Nah, I OK'd one vendor, but I'll have to talk to him...

    Leave a comment:


  • clarkkey594
    replied
    Not to mention the godly wail of the V12.

    Leave a comment:


  • stoliver54
    replied
    How exactly is a M70 lighter than an S50 or S54?

    I know it has an alum block, but I am pretty sure the M70 is still a little heavier. Power to weight I think you are right though, and that mountain of torque would be sweet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    do eet do eet!

    psh S50s are old news. S54 FTMFW.

    Or Cammed V12. Lighter, more torque, more badassery. Cheaper too.

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    Originally posted by Be30mer
    hey bishop, this is off topic, but did you know that VacMotorsports is using your picture on their website? Just thought Id point it out.
    http://www.nexternal.com/vacmotors/a...e30-p2297.aspx
    ha ha that's awesome!!! great find! Ben, I would call up, and threaten to sue on copyright infringement and get a big settlement, and then..... S50 time!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • clarkkey594
    replied
    That's kinda cool.

    Leave a comment:


  • Be30mer
    replied
    hey bishop, this is off topic, but did you know that VacMotorsports is using your picture on their website? Just thought Id point it out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Yeah.... I'm still not sure what else I wanna add other than t-belt. The car runs, maintenance was up to date save for the belt.... I'm thinking doing t-belt and replacing some power steering lines since mine are seeping, and my crank seal since it's leaking.

    Leave a comment:

Working...