Timing Belt Party / Check - In

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ZombiE30
    replied
    the timing belt is the biggest pain on the front of the engine, so it's all fair game once you're there.

    The only thing I'm not sure about (haven't done) is crank or camshaft seals. Looks easy enough........

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    lol Thanks Peter... Bimmerworld's prices seemed competitive to Pelican, but they didn't have kits and their site is kind of a bitch to navigate unless you know exactly what you're lookin for. I'll piece it together tomorrow on Pelican and shoot you a PM. You seem knowledgeable, so I figure I'll get your input on what will be a pain to remove or install, etc...

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    I can't think of anything that hasn't been mentioned. Actually, I can't even remember what HAS been mentioned.
    Anyway, depending on what your car needs, it's a good time to do coolant hoses, thermostat, water pump, radiator flush or any of that shit. Also, if you wanna pull your A/C condensor (no parts required) that would be a great time to do that.

    And you can never go wrong with pelican!

    There's a reason their sticker is on the trunk of my car, adding 5hp....

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Guys


    Just one more question... Besides Sean's suggestion for timing belt kit from Pelican, can anyone else offer suggestions for kits, parts, and vendors? I'm going to order tomorrow and make sure it's here before Friday.

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    traction? lmao. dude i need to get my tires mounted. the rears are literally slicks now. borderline unsafe jesus...

    i decided to do laundry, clean the house. i do not wanna go outside hahaha.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    I'm not entirely opposed to lurking, but after having spent all fuckin week in class rooms/house, I am antsy to GTFO for the weekend, rain or shine.

    as long as i have traction, anyway.......starting to look like a scrabble night

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    lol yeah that is. My friend from yesterday might be coming... Might lol... It's still not working, but I wanna have it done and working TODAY so I can go back to focusing on school and stressing about ordering parts for next week. You can PM me if you want, or if you have aim : Bishop is Lost

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    Originally posted by ZombiE30
    maybe it's just loveland.....here the streets are wet and very drivable, which is the determining factor for me.

    Basically, If I can drive from boulder to broomfield without fishtailing into a taxi or idiot college kids, the weather is fine. Y'all are spoiled with your working heaters and doors that close all the way! Don't make me get out the flowery hat again!:p
    ha ha you crazy man!

    my car has some wicked studded snow tires on at the moment, and it negotiates snow better than most trucks and SUVs on the road.



    its just the gray and wet and cold that gets to me mentally, ya know? much like Bishop and Atreus are saying, it drains all motivation. Now I just want to sit in my room and lurk on R3V.

    OR, ben, I could cruise down to your place and help you install your sound system. But I still have no cell phone so i have to use email as a means of communication. Turns out I left it in the Maaco parking lot, and one of my co-workers picked it up, and I'll have to get it on Monday.

    And that is a true test of manhood: survive a weekend without a cell phone!

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Yeah, days like today drain motivation... I'm peppy as shit though, I wanna get my audio in and working so I can cross it off the list and enjoy loud music.

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    yeah today i was gonna put my carpet back in and install my rear bumper. but i guess i am a victim of seasonal affective disorder lol. i don't wanna do shit today.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    I know. Speakers and stuff, it is what it is. Everything was ordered and paid for like a month or two ago, just now getting around to getting it into the car. I'm placing the order tonight after I figure out what is NEEDED and what I might wanna replace while it's in there.

    Leave a comment:


  • stoliver54
    replied
    Ben you may want to look at your priorities again, speakers over running engine...hmmm

    And the longer you wait the more you will have to pay in shipping, in a couple hours it isn't going to matter but come early next week you are going to wish you had put your order in sooner and saved 10-20 bucks.

    Don't mean to nag, just speaking from experience.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Roads down here are fine as well. Obviously it's overcast, cold, and wet, but it's a walk in the park compared to what Colorado CAN throw at us.

    I'm gonna sit down tonight hopefully after all my audio is wrapped up and working (I HOPE!) and start putting together an order for my timing stuff, and perhaps other maintenance that should be done and I haven't gotten around to yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath
    yeah, the weather today freaking SUCKS. i just drove an hour in it, and it got me all depressed and in a terrible mood. I just want to close all the shades, turn on all the lights, and stay inside. I was gonna do a bunch of car stuff today, but F that.
    maybe it's just loveland.....here the streets are wet and very drivable, which is the determining factor for me.

    Basically, If I can drive from boulder to broomfield without fishtailing into a taxi or idiot college kids, the weather is fine. Y'all are spoiled with your working heaters and doors that close all the way! Don't make me get out the flowery hat again!:p

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    yeah, the weather today freaking SUCKS. i just drove an hour in it, and it got me all depressed and in a terrible mood. I just want to close all the shades, turn on all the lights, and stay inside. I was gonna do a bunch of car stuff today, but F that.

    Leave a comment:

Working...