Timing Belt Party / Check - In

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bishop
    replied
    Originally posted by Atreus
    well if the weather on the TB party is like today..... fuck that! lol.
    Eh, weather is gonna factor into who comes I bet. We'll be in a garage though, It's not like a super fancy warmed garage, but if people bring space heaters and we have enough people running around, should warm up.... maybe

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    well if the weather on the TB party is like today..... fuck that! lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Ok, I'll most definitely look into all that stuff. I didn't know just the belt and whatever was $35, I thought It was the $130 for the belt and such.... Huh

    Leave a comment:


  • stoliver54
    replied
    No pretty much all of that stuff is right there, the cap and rotor you take off during the TB install. Air filter takes 20 seconds, and fuel filter is easy to replace. And you get get your ass out of the way and replace your own spark plugs and wires :p

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Thanks Sean, I'll look into that today. I just did my oil yesterday, so I'm good on that.

    and to what extent is everyone ordering here? Like if I were to order all that stuff as the tune up, would it be amazingly time consuming and i'd be the asshole whose car took twice as long as everyone elses?

    Leave a comment:


  • stoliver54
    replied
    Pelican has a TB kit with belt and pulley for 35, but if you want to do more they have a tune up kit for 129
    Oil Filter
    Oil Drain Plug Seal
    Air Filter
    Fuel Filter
    Valve Cover Gaskets
    Valve Cover Nut Seals
    Spark plugs
    Spark plug Hole Seals (if applicable)
    Rocker Shaft Plugs (if applicable)
    Distributor Cap (if applicable)
    Distributor Rotor (if applicable)

    And you will need coolant, and oil of course if you decide to go that route.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    I don't. PM Blunt?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    n e one have a link for comprehensive parts package for cheap?

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    yeah. i'll prolly file my state today, deal with federal in march. lol.

    some ppl opt to have too much taken out, i'm a little different. don't know if it is counting against me though.

    /blah

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Originally posted by Atreus
    oh so you had to mail them in? the way my friend worded it, was everything was done online.... i heard about getting it directly deposited into your acct.

    i should get going on mine, today. state return is looking pretty nice. federal... well i have to pay. i always opt to pay them at the end of the year.
    I do a pretty simple tax for, mailed it in, getting returns for both. Sry U gotta pay though. I always see it like there's no reason not to do it when you get all the paperwork, the sooner you get it all in, the sooner you'll get paid (or have to pay).

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    oh so you had to mail them in? the way my friend worded it, was everything was done online.... i heard about getting it directly deposited into your acct.

    i should get going on mine, today. state return is looking pretty nice. federal... well i have to pay. i always opt to pay them at the end of the year.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Originally posted by Atreus
    how long did it take? i have my w2's, but i didn't process them yet, my roommate did his online too or somethin.

    care to share some info? lol.
    I think I mailed em in like a week or two ago and opted for electric transfer for both right into my account. I checked my balance this morning, and it was significantly higher than it should have been. State xfer went through.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    how long did it take? i have my w2's, but i didn't process them yet, my roommate did his online too or somethin.

    care to share some info? lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied

    Leave a comment:

Working...